GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GPS and Radar Detector

Go down 
+2
waterbottle
cognosticator
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

GPS and Radar Detector Empty
PostSubject: GPS and Radar Detector   GPS and Radar Detector Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:09 am

I just got my 2013 GRiSO on December 21st so this morning I decided to hook up my GPS and radar detector wiring them to an aux power panel I put under the seat behind the air filter nose. I already have my heated gear hooked up, next will be to install my aux running lights then I should be about done (yea right, it never ends LOL) I really love how easy it is to work around this bike, not much plastic to deal with and easy routing wires unlike the Kawasaki Concours 14 I just sold to get the GRiSO. That C14 was a body work nightmare

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: GPS and Radar Detector   GPS and Radar Detector Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:42 pm

Hi Jerry. That is one Clean GRiSO you have. Our Constabulary take a dim view of the use of Radar detectors here in Aus. Big fines and confiscation of detector .
Cheers Ron cheers
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: GPS and Radar Detector   GPS and Radar Detector Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:31 pm

What detector and mount are you using? Have been looking, but having a hard time deciding.
Back to top Go down
zebraranger
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
zebraranger

PostSubject: Re: GPS and Radar Detector   GPS and Radar Detector Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:08 pm

Last year one of the first things I installed was the GPS using a Ram mount. Don't need a radar detector, by the time I warp by and they get it in gear, I'm in the next town.....
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Actually I experimented with a detector on the 13 Triumph Trophy, but with wearing a full face helmet and or listening to music thru my bluetooth system, it was impossible to hear that little beep that normally sounded so loud in my truck. So off the bike and back in the truck it went..
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: GPS and Radar Detector   GPS and Radar Detector Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:07 am

zebraranger wrote:

Actually I experimented with a detector on the 13 Triumph Trophy, but with wearing a full face helmet and or listening to music thru my bluetooth system, it was impossible to hear that little beep that normally sounded so loud in my truck. So off the bike and back in the truck it went..

The way I have my Sena set up the radar detector can be heard over music, talking or the GPS talking to me so I don't miss the beep. The only time I need it is on back roads where the speed id 55, me and Sammy Hagar :-)
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: GPS and Radar Detector   GPS and Radar Detector Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:08 am

waterbottle wrote:
Hi Jerry. That is one Clean GRiSO you have. Our Constabulary take a dim view of the use of Radar detectors here in Aus. Big fines and confiscation of detector .
Cheers Ron cheers

Thanks Ron, there are 4 states that a radar detector is illegal and will get you in big trouble if you are caught, the rest don't like it but have to live with it. If I get stopped I make sure to cover it with my helmet so the police won't see it because it will piss them off and give me a ticket for sure.
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: GPS and Radar Detector   GPS and Radar Detector Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:12 am

sideshowbob wrote:
What detector and mount are you using?  Have been looking, but having a hard time deciding.

That is a Beltronics STI Magnum which is supposed to be invisible to radar detector detectors that the police use.  I haven't tested it in Virginia as I am afraid they would know anyway.

The cover I got years ago and they are no long available. When the cover finally falls apart I am not above using a zip lock baggy when it rains. The base is mounted on a ram arm and plate
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: GPS and Radar Detector   GPS and Radar Detector Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:34 pm

Thanks Jerry!
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: GPS and Radar Detector   GPS and Radar Detector Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:23 pm

cognosticator wrote:
sideshowbob wrote:
What detector and mount are you using?  Have been looking, but having a hard time deciding.

That is a Beltronics STI Magnum which is supposed to be invisible to radar detector detectors that the police use.  I haven't tested it in Virginia as I am afraid they would know anyway.
One of the tricks my buddies in Virginia used to use was to buy a cheap, used radar detector to have on hand in case they were stopped.  If caught by the police because the device had been detected, my friends would "aw shucks" and give up the throwaway.
Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: GPS and Radar Detector   GPS and Radar Detector Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:44 am

FrontRangeRider wrote:

One of the tricks my buddies in Virginia used to use was to buy a cheap, used radar detector to have on hand in case they were stopped.  If caught by the police because the device had been detected, my friends would "aw shucks" and give up the throwaway.

I'd hate to be fumbling around in my pocket or tank bag trying to swap out for a throw-away radar detector when getting stopped.

Good way to get shot by Barney Fife. Wink
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: GPS and Radar Detector   GPS and Radar Detector Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:59 pm

Yep. Hands on the handlebars until the officer asks for documents. Then I explain what I am going to do before I do it. I nearly got shot by a nervous state trooper many years ago when my enthusiastic 19 year old self reached into the glove compartment without asking for permission. Next thing I knew, I had his pistol attached to my temple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GPS and Radar Detector   GPS and Radar Detector Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GPS and Radar Detector
Page 1 of 1