GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Dying a leather jacket

Go down 
+4
waterbottle
Street
Papa Lazarou
Gobovic
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobovic
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Gobovic

Dying a leather jacket Empty
PostSubject: Dying a leather jacket   Dying a leather jacket Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:54 am

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone had experience with dying a leather jacket? I have a new dainese one that I want to change some of the colours on (blacking out a couple of grey panels). Can anyone suggest the best way to do it? Dye, leather paint etc? I want something that matches the rest of the jacket and looks natural.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Dying a leather jacket   Dying a leather jacket Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:13 am

I've used leather dye in the past when repairing a jacket. You can go darker-say, grey to black-but not change colour so easily (eg brown to blue). Loads of advice out there on the net.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Dying a leather jacket   Dying a leather jacket Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:40 am

I use this, works great.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Dying a leather jacket   Dying a leather jacket Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:06 pm

A young Lass called Kelly at Stitch Smith in Brisbane did some alterations and colours for me. The upper Back colours are a leather paint I believe

Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

PostSubject: Re: Dying a leather jacket   Dying a leather jacket Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:46 pm

Hi Gobovic,

I used this place.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They fully reconditioned a set of Hein Gericke leathers. They had been scuffed and the back side panels of the jacket had bleached from black to grey.

When they came back they were more or less like new. The only restoration they advised they couldn't do was to make the white Hein Gericke lettering on the arm new, they lacked the stencil. They did clean it and it looks great.

Angus.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Dying a leather jacket   Dying a leather jacket Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:09 am

restore scuffed leathers? Ogri would turn in hi8s grave. If he was dead. Or had even been alive in the first place.
Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

PostSubject: Re: Dying a leather jacket   Dying a leather jacket Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:24 am

Papa Lazarou wrote:
restore scuffed leathers? Ogri would turn in hi8s grave. If he was dead. Or had even been alive in the first place.

Agreed, however, these were done for my "Mitzi". Who favoured reconditioning to new as the HG's fit her like a glove. Eyes and wallet approved! Wink
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: Dying a leather jacket   Dying a leather jacket Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:08 pm

Kiwi Boot Polish Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Dying a leather jacket   Dying a leather jacket Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:53 am

I have some blue leathers (not my favourite colour" and could do with them being all black, but when i have used leather paint, it looks bloody awfull. I have to admit that was a white repair however
Back to top Go down
Gobovic
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Gobovic

PostSubject: Re: Dying a leather jacket   Dying a leather jacket Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:18 am

Thanks all for your input ☺️ based on your ideas I've decided that leather dye is the way forward, coupled with finish remover to begin with, followed by a conditioner. I'll do it in the next couple of months and let you know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Dying a leather jacket   Dying a leather jacket Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:23 pm

Can't say you weren't warned, that's the type of thing Malcolm would do !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dying a leather jacket   Dying a leather jacket Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Dying a leather jacket
Page 1 of 1