GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alanlemansiv
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
alanlemansiv

Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets Empty
PostSubject: Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets   Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:23 pm

Hi there GRiSO Guru's,

Can someone tell me if I remove the rocker cover from a 8V motor can I tell if the motor has been rollerised (especially on the earlier models) just by looking at it.
A picture says a thousand words if someone could show pictures of a rollerised motor and a flat tappet motor with the rocker cover removed, I would much appreciate it.

Many Thanks
Alan
Lemans 4 owner
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets   Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:44 pm

Easy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets   Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:47 pm

Thanks Mark. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alanlemansiv
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
alanlemansiv

PostSubject: Re: Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets   Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:35 pm

Hi Mark/Beetle,

Thanks for that a picture truly says a thousand words.

Regards
Alan
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets   Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:10 am

So Alan, which ones do you have?
Back to top Go down
alanlemansiv
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
alanlemansiv

PostSubject: Re: Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets   Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:23 pm

Hi Sidrat have a Mk 4 Lemans, am thinking of a Sport, GRiSO or Norge 8v, one day after kitchen renos, the other half must be comfortable riding on the back.

Regards Alan
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets   Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:27 pm

Strike the GRiSO then, it's a dreadful pillion bike. The Sport 1200 is a far happier thing for two-up. Do be aware though that NO 1200 Sport 8V's were built with rollers, they are all flat tappet bikes unless they have been rollerised regardless of the year on the VIN plate.

Pete
Back to top Go down
alanlemansiv
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
alanlemansiv

PostSubject: Re: Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets   Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:29 am

Hi Pete,
What year/month did Moto Guzzi make the Norge 8V with the rollerised engine, or did they leave the engines with flat tappets thru the model run till the end. Your thoughts on this is much appreciated.

Alan
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets   Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:46 am

Linky.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A few replies down. Bear in mind that the factory’s figures can best be described as ‘Rubbery’. Only way to know for sure with a 2012 is to look. Any 2013 on should be fine.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets   Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:26 am

Hey Pete...
Are you aware of any 2013 with flatties?
I swear I saw on some other boards that someone had a 13 with non rollers...like a couple of them fell through the cracks.
Probably a BS story but Luigi and Grappa could make this happen. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets   Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:52 pm

Given the change over point is *Officially* in the first half of 2012 I’d be very surprised if there were any 2013 plated flat tappet bikes in any of the major ‘Western’ markets. Whether in other places bikes might be described by year of sale rather than manufacture I know not but if they are then of course all bets are off.

I have never seen, nor heard, of a 2013 plated flattie.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets   Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:36 pm

That's what I figured but it can be confusing at times with the timing of plating and all...
My bike is titled a 2017 but we now know that Guzzi stopped production of the CARC bikes in mid 2016.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets   Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:46 am

With hindsight they may still be dribbling a few GRiSO’s out! They are still being sold here as 2017’s but as far as I know all other CARC bikes are definitely dead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets   Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Flat Tappets and Roller Tappets
Page 1 of 1