GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The garage is getting full

Go down 
+12
kiwi dave
EricS
LBC Tenni
paulbrice
NorthernProducer
Nobleswood
Oz1200Guzzi
cognosticator
GHTE
wyno
beetle
ITSecurity
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ranga
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Ranga

The garage is getting full - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The garage is getting full   The garage is getting full - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:33 pm

LED indicator conversion.
I had one done to a TRiumph Rocket 3 using a Yamaha R1 Flasher can.
4x LED indicators and 1X R1 Flasher can and Bob's your uncle.
i didn't do the conversion myself but I undid it for sale. (The LED indicators were not of a legal size or placement. I just put the original indicators and flasher can back on and it worked just fine.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The garage is getting full   The garage is getting full - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:03 pm

With the CARC bikes it isn't quite so simple as the indicator functions are controlled by the dashboard, there is no flasher relay.

Pete
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: The garage is getting full   The garage is getting full - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:42 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
With the CARC bikes it isn't quite so simple as the indicator functions are controlled by the dashboard, there is no flasher relay.

Pete

I swapped my front flashers on the GRiSO 1200SE for LED ones.  They needed 15 ohm 5 watt resistors in parallel to get them to behave themselves.  Before the resistor addition, they would bring up a fault on the dashboard informing me the front bulb has blown.

Unlike other CARC bikes I have known, the GRiSO has individual circuits for each flasher. Not sure if the earlier Grisos offer this feature.

Edit:  Wrong again! All the CARC bikes have individual flasher circuits.

Last edited by kiwi dave on Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ranga
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Ranga

PostSubject: Re: The garage is getting full   The garage is getting full - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:41 pm

Thank you, The easiest way to learn anything is to display your ignorance on the web.
Something I am starting to do a lot of.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The garage is getting full   The garage is getting full - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:51 pm

Nobody is born knowing this stuff! Very Happy if you don't ask though you don't learn. It's something that pisses most of us off as if something does go wrong with the blinkers it means you need a new dash! Luckily they are generally pretty reliable. Early ones had a few issues with moisture getting in but on the whole that doesn't seem to be a problem over at least the last seven years or so.

Pete
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: The garage is getting full   The garage is getting full - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:34 am

The indicators are directly connected to the ECU, not the dash.  Perhaps both will require replacing!  Basketball
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The garage is getting full   The garage is getting full - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:50 am

Er..no. They are connected to the dash.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: The garage is getting full   The garage is getting full - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:02 pm

Check the schematic Mark, definitely connected to the ECU. Specifically, pins 22,23 (front) and 32,33 (rear).
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The garage is getting full   The garage is getting full - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:13 pm

I'm afraid you're incorrect. You check your schematic. They are NOT connected to the ECU.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: The garage is getting full   The garage is getting full - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:41 pm

Maybe they're connected to the back pressure Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: The garage is getting full   The garage is getting full - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:50 pm

The wiring Schematic says pins 22/32 left Front(53)/Rear(17) and pins23/33 right Front(57)/Rear(15)
and connect to Instrument panel(11) for the 8V.
Page ELE SYS - 4
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: The garage is getting full   The garage is getting full - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:11 pm

beetle wrote:
I'm afraid you're incorrect. You check your schematic. They are NOT connected to the ECU.

You're right. My bad. Beers are on me. I already owe.

Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: The garage is getting full   The garage is getting full - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:32 pm

beetle wrote:
Jeep LED $175. Good spread and great penetration.

There is no way an Aussie Jeep Driver has good penetration , those limp dicks don't even know how to use Mirrors ........ Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The garage is getting full   The garage is getting full - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The garage is getting full
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2