GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

I know I'm going to catch shit e for this

Go down 
+6
sideshowbob
cognosticator
motor-timothy
ITSecurity
MrGPz
george5421
10 posters
AuthorMessage
george5421
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
george5421

I know I'm going to catch shit e for this Empty
PostSubject: I know I'm going to catch shit e for this   I know I'm going to catch shit e for this Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:13 am

I sing the virtues of milk crates... They may look odd, but mine are black, steel reinforced, actually look OEM... Having just purchased a 2015 SE and planning to tour/camp, I'm always looking for ideas. On the bare bike, I can bungee my double-wide on the pillion with 4 Keeper cords, which is sufficient to carry 4 bags of groceries, roller bags, whatever. And it's not permanent. I can take everything off in a minute. I also have a set of big, fully adjustable water proof military style panniers which I can drape over the crate when it's full, don't need to worry about exhaust heat. And, on top of that, I can carry more shit e. My problem is finding places to secure the cords. I will put the Givi rack on, more for the added bungee spots, but also to support more stuff. And, I can put a pet carrier on top of everything! I've seen a pic, I believe in an Aerostitch catalog, of a guy with a huge tank bag, his pillion stacked 4 feet high and things hanging off the sides and back with a pet carrier on the back. It is totally possible, and removable. I think I mentioned elsewhere, but last night I rode home with 2 air-line sized roller bags stacked on the pillion, no problem. And now I have a bare bike to look at!! I don't own a car, don't want to, wear T-shirts that say Cars Suck... My GRiSO is my SUV...

Jus' sayin'... And now I'll be like

A wise old owl lived in an oak
The more he saw the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard
Why can’t we all be like that wise old bird?
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: I know I'm going to catch shit e for this   I know I'm going to catch shit e for this Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:42 am

Put a towbar on your bike and tow one of these...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(70's NZ)
Back to top Go down
ITSecurity
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: I know I'm going to catch shit e for this   I know I'm going to catch shit e for this Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:53 am

I don't think I'd ever try to put a milk crate on my GRiSO - but I did put a folding crate on the back of my Stelvio. Works fine around town for running errands, getting the groceries, etc. It's attached to the utility rack on the rear with four bolts and wing nuts, so it can be quickly removed when hitting the highway.

The Stelvio is the SUV - the Norge is the grand touring machine - and the GRiSO is the machine for going out to play!
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: I know I'm going to catch shit e for this   I know I'm going to catch shit e for this Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:58 am

I use my motorcycle to tow an SUV around for extra storage space for groceries and IKEA furniture!

Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: I know I'm going to catch shit e for this   I know I'm going to catch shit e for this Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:59 pm

KLR owners are known to use milk crates a lot LOL

At least on ADVrider.com they give them a lot of shit about milk crates
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
george5421
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
george5421

PostSubject: Re: I know I'm going to catch shit e for this   I know I'm going to catch shit e for this Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:54 pm

Actually, I joined a facebook group, Minimalist Motorcycle Vagabonds, and all I'm getting is thumbs up and pictures of of other bikes with crates. Double-wides even!!
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: I know I'm going to catch shit e for this   I know I'm going to catch shit e for this Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:58 pm

Pet carrier you say? This guy was a little strange, would probably fit right in.
Back to top Go down
george5421
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
george5421

PostSubject: Re: I know I'm going to catch shit e for this   I know I'm going to catch shit e for this Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:44 pm

Way to go. Absolutely!!
Back to top Go down
george5421
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
george5421

PostSubject: Re: I know I'm going to catch shit e for this   I know I'm going to catch shit e for this Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:07 pm

Nice record setting day here, 73. Beat the old record by 5 degrees, earliest 70 degree day. Ran errands, took the kids for a ride through the foothills. GRiSO likes 70-80 mph...

Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: I know I'm going to catch shit e for this   I know I'm going to catch shit e for this Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:29 am

Went around the world on this in the 80's... still have the tank on the wall in the garage

and now for one of the slightly more embarrasing pictures.....

Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: I know I'm going to catch shit e for this   I know I'm going to catch shit e for this Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:27 am

You can't beat a good milk crate or even a supa doopa plastic beer bottle crate. I was a self employed builder/decorator for a few years and wouldn't leave home without one.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: I know I'm going to catch shit e for this   I know I'm going to catch shit e for this Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:18 pm

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: I know I'm going to catch shit e for this   I know I'm going to catch shit e for this Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:45 am

thanks for preserving my modesty Street :-)

my only defence is that i was young and stupid

I am now old and stupid
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: I know I'm going to catch shit e for this   I know I'm going to catch shit e for this Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:58 am

In your defence 'Budgie smuggling' was legal back in those days
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I know I'm going to catch shit e for this   I know I'm going to catch shit e for this Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I know I'm going to catch shit e for this
Page 1 of 1