GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Weird "catch" engaging first gear

Go down 
+9
Grisonut
rboe
Steak
DungeonMaster
MrBob
Pete Roper
Oz1200Guzzi
diedel
Laker
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Laker
Biondino
Biondino
Laker

Weird "catch" engaging first gear Empty
PostSubject: Weird "catch" engaging first gear   Weird "catch" engaging first gear Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:21 pm

GRiSO + Issue = Grissue?

Hi folks I'm not sure if I have a Grissue or not, perhaps I'm just operating the clutch differently since I've had the bike for a few weeks now. On top of that I'm not sure the best way to describe it so here goes...

Seems like when I first fire up the bike and take off I'll be letting off the clutch and moving a bit when I feel a clunk, almost like the something is engaging and disengaging quickly. Don't know if it's the clutch or driveshaft. After a bit of riding the issue clears up. I've put about 500 miles on the bike so far and this is a relatively new occurrence. Any thoughts?

Tim
Back to top Go down
diedel
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
diedel

PostSubject: Re: Weird "catch" engaging first gear   Weird "catch" engaging first gear Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:41 am

Air in the hydraulic hose/clutch command cylinder? Misadjusted actuation pin in the clutch lever? Looks like clutch won't open enough esp. when cold …
Bike is new (500 Km)?

btw. i like "Grissue", explains everything

Dietrich
Back to top Go down
Laker
Biondino
Biondino
Laker

PostSubject: Re: Weird "catch" engaging first gear   Weird "catch" engaging first gear Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:16 pm

Bike has about 4600 miles on it. I bought it used with 3900 and this is a recent development. It was more frequent today and it's clear it's not just an operator error. Sounds like the drive shaft is groaning a bit.

Thanks for the reply!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Weird "catch" engaging first gear   Weird "catch" engaging first gear Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:36 pm

Still sounds as though the first thing to do is bleed the clutch, before anything further...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Weird "catch" engaging first gear   Weird "catch" engaging first gear Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:32 pm

Drive shafts don't 'Groan'.

Sounds like it may be a clutch issue as others have said.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Laker
Biondino
Biondino
Laker

PostSubject: Re: Weird "catch" engaging first gear   Weird "catch" engaging first gear Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:00 pm

Thanks a bunch folks, I'll look into that in the morning!
Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: Re: Weird "catch" engaging first gear   Weird "catch" engaging first gear Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:15 pm

Had a similar Grissue after 10,000k on the Tenni, would release the clutch and it would gradually take up and engage, got to the point of not engaging at all, this just happened, there were no tell tale warning signs. I ended up removing the reservoir cap and found the fluid to be discoloured, with a fair amount of gunk at the btm of the reservoir. Cleaned the lines etc, replaced and bled the fluid, have not had a problem since. (touch wood)
Back to top Go down
Laker
Biondino
Biondino
Laker

PostSubject: Re: Weird "catch" engaging first gear   Weird "catch" engaging first gear Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:32 pm

Took the bike into AF1 and the mechanic knew exactly what I was talking about and let me know it's normal on the GRiSO due to the dry clutch. Realized I had been giving it more throttle off the clutch lately than I did when I first got the bike so I backed it down and seems to be better. GRiSO is such an interesting machine and I'm overjoyed with it. Feels like it wants to start of slow and putt putt around a bit, maybe cruise around town a while before taking off like a bat out of hell Pillage!
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Weird "catch" engaging first gear   Weird "catch" engaging first gear Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:01 pm

You don't ride a GRiSO - you make love too it. You need to give your mistress some foreplay.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Weird "catch" engaging first gear   Weird "catch" engaging first gear Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:33 am

Shocked

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: Weird "catch" engaging first gear   Weird "catch" engaging first gear Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:30 am

My idea of foreplay; Brace yourself dear.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: Weird "catch" engaging first gear   Weird "catch" engaging first gear Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:30 am

We're talking GRiSO here though....... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Weird "catch" engaging first gear   Weird "catch" engaging first gear Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:03 pm

rboe wrote:
My idea of foreplay; Brace yourself dear.... Twisted Evil

Foreplay?!?! Foreplay?!?!
Down here it's more like "Get in the truck bitch!!"
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Weird "catch" engaging first gear   Weird "catch" engaging first gear Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:22 am

Grisonut wrote:

Foreplay?!?! Foreplay?!?!
Down here it's more like "Get in the truck bitch!!"

I thought it was "Get out or I'll put you out!".

clown
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Weird "catch" engaging first gear   Weird "catch" engaging first gear Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:48 pm

Ohhhhh yeah, your just heaven girl, let's try some of this........no, not just yet? I'll let you warm up.
Yeah, right therre don't change a thing..........what, what's up, something wrong?
Ok, must be me, carry on - doing just fine babe..... oh god, amazing!
Wait..... no, not like that.............ok, that's better.......perrrfect!
No, no damn......calm down, your breaking my focus...........
That's better, you're absoltuley divine.........wait, what's that?
Can we try some of this again........oh god, oh yeah................
Seriously, what now................
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Weird "catch" engaging first gear   Weird "catch" engaging first gear Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:51 pm

Man!!
Did I derail the Hell out of this thread. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Weird "catch" engaging first gear   Weird "catch" engaging first gear Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:10 pm

Just got off of her after a nice night ride. Been raining all day so I took it easy on the girl but she performed flawlessly.

As for the ending of my last post:

Seriously, what now................GRiSO, you're priceless, need a smoke drunken
Back to top Go down
Tomalberta
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Tomalberta

PostSubject: Re: Weird "catch" engaging first gear   Weird "catch" engaging first gear Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:33 am

DungeonMaster wrote:
Man!!
Did I derail the Hell out of this thread.  Smile

BAHAHAHAH yip-but it was pretty entertaining!
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Weird "catch" engaging first gear   Weird "catch" engaging first gear Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:55 pm

Foreplay, half hour of begging.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weird "catch" engaging first gear   Weird "catch" engaging first gear Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Weird "catch" engaging first gear
Page 1 of 1