GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Scary Incident - and laid some rubber

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Scary Incident - and laid some rubber Empty
PostSubject: Scary Incident - and laid some rubber   Scary Incident - and laid some rubber Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:00 am

Last few days Black Betty has had trouble with her idle. Seems to like hunting around 2000 rpm at around 2-3 Hz. Tuesday night I disconnected the stepper inlet hose and placed a long 8mm bolt (first one I found in my tail bag) in the end - idle returns to normal.

Rode to work today and was about 12 km from home when she took off all by herself - throttle stuck open and nearly missed my turnoff as I was controlling the throttle with the engine kill switch - cumbersome at best, but I was doing over 120 at the time. Got around the corner, unkilled it and let the clutch out in 1st. Well fuck me if it didn't lay some rubber down, blue smoke and all. Not nice.

Pulled over just up the road and eventually found said bolt jammed in the throttle stop. I would kick myself but I can't reach. Very lucky indeed. Relocated said bolt and hose (temporarily) and got home safely.

It's obvious I have a stepper motor issue, and the way I fixed it was a bit Heath-Robinson at best. Don't do what I did - bad things could happen. Another little job for the weekend - along with everything else. Lucky this time.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scary Incident - and laid some rubber   Scary Incident - and laid some rubber Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:32 am

"I would kick myself but I can't reach".

Tony, allow me, PLEASE?
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Scary Incident - and laid some rubber   Scary Incident - and laid some rubber Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:51 am

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ you beat me to that!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Scary Incident - and laid some rubber   Scary Incident - and laid some rubber Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:01 pm

Wayne, Only if you bring shitloads of ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, to the Budgie. This goes for you too Keith
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scary Incident - and laid some rubber   Scary Incident - and laid some rubber Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:13 pm

............... "I didn't feel a thing".
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Scary Incident - and laid some rubber   Scary Incident - and laid some rubber Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:00 am

ghezzi wrote:
............... "I didn't feel a thing".

To quote a certain US president "the rockets are coming, we just wont tell you when" !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scary Incident - and laid some rubber   Scary Incident - and laid some rubber Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Scary Incident - and laid some rubber
Page 1 of 1