GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+82
svru
Ranga
Guzzi Two Shoes
JohnA
racepics
2highlander
Guzzi Cat
stdunkel
Paggers
kiwi dave
tvboy
Omnis
knumbnutz
motor-timothy
Charlie J
vee2win
Richard
bioman
usedtobefast
GuzziSteve
fredfrenzy
Motoguzzimackers
YanksTT
janguzzi
jaycain
GuzziHero
Grisodude
Bulldog9
paulbrice
diedel
ratso88
tocino
MaPol
wardentm
MrBob
nwryder
Kadonnut
Broken Spoke
MrGPz
waterbottle
eeyore
Grisonut
ITSecurity
GreggF
Steak
dennis the menace
cognosticator
GuZeee
sideshowbob
Nobleswood
Diablo Loco
Stubbie
H-E-ROSS
Pisano
FrontRangeRider
Street
nblades
bahamazoo
moby
EricS
MalG
Lemppari
anguscameron1966
GHTE
Converted Duc
relayer
beetle
Kel
MattF
opc
guzziownr
sidrat
BB43215
davem
Bill Hagan
wyno
Papa Lazarou
DeepSpace
Pete Roper
Ian p
Clancy
Oz1200Guzzi
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:52 am

That pipe looks like a Termi. The wrap looks shit. Any wrap looks shit, but that is a particularly bad job.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
usedtobefast
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
usedtobefast

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:15 am

That's funny, I was looking at that bike too!  I am in the San Francisco Bay area.

It does have the termi on it.

For the wrap, kind of sad and funny, whoever did it, did not pull the pipes ... so when they got around to where the 2 header pipes are close they just put the tape over both of them.  Geez.  At least pull the pipes and wrap each pipe individually.

I googled a bunch about unwrapping pipes and it was not good news.  Finish most likely shot.  But it might all be fixable with a lot of time on a polishing wheel.  

Rodsmith could make it shinny like a shinny thing.  Smile   (not sure how many people will get that reference)
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:28 am

Street wrote:
Great news, Ron! Back in the saddle again!

Pete

Thanks Pete, Gene was a legend , Now that song is stuck in my head Laughing
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:14 am

Thought I should have ridden Black Betty to downtown Toowoomba. Alas I didn't, came in the Tucson instead - too much shit to bring for uni.

I wish, I wish.

Currently drinking Bogan Black Beer #1 (Tooheys Old) - one could do worse. I have to fill in time till dinner at 6pm - god only knows what that would be like - Uni food (I remember boarding school food - hope it's an improvement...

Last edited by Oz1200Guzzi on Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:25 am

waterbottle wrote:
Street wrote:
Great news, Ron! Back in the saddle again!

Pete

Thanks Pete, Gene was a legend , Now that song is stuck in my head Laughing

Stuck in my head now too, Ron, but better than the average ear worm. Hotel California makes me want to murder someone.

Pete

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:45 am

usedtobefast wrote:
 Rodsmith could make it shiny like a shiny thing. Smile   (not sure how many people will get that reference)

Oh yeah, we get the reference. But an obsessive polisher will still be challenged by these unnecessarily wrapped pipes. I didn't even mention the unpleasant odor that emanated from these wrapped pipes once they got hot. Think brake pads on an insanely steep decline at high speed or a novice scaredy cat holding the clutch half engaged. Now I know the smell of asbestos and it is offensive to my nose. I need fresh air and a heady I.P.A.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Diablo Loco
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Diablo Loco

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:23 am

The lazy solution is to wire brush off the extraneous crap and satin black ceramic coat.
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:53 am

GuzziSteve wrote:
Cognosticator -Thanks for the fire last night, got try that mead again.

Had to have a fire, and that mead is nasty stuff LOL
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:30 pm

G'day all
Riding along yesterday and noticed my front right indicator drooping down looking very sorry.
When I stopped and looked the 'rubber' stem was broken through .... taped it up and went on the day
Question, where in Aus would I be best to look for a new one ?
cheers all
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:11 pm

Trev, Motociclo usually keeps such spares in stock, try them. Or Thunderbikes. For secondhand, there's Guzzi Spares Aust in Vic, but will need a phone call. Try Pete, he may have something lying around, and ask in the mercado section. I keep a couple of spares on hand for the V7 - not the same as yours - in case of a bump or failure - & have had cause to use them.
Back to top Go down
usedtobefast
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
usedtobefast

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:59 pm

Well, a few days ago, filled up the tank, checked gas mileage, ouchie mama 29 mpg!! This is on a 2017 between 150 miles and 250 miles (as in a total of 250 miles on the bike), so maybe gets better with age. Smile

Then said heck with it, and loaded the Beetle map for the stock bike. (I have used TuneECU for my KTM 990 and Guzzdiag for my V7 iii Racer, so not much of a learning curve to do the GRiSO)

Followed Beetle's excellent write up, set TPS and cleared trims afterwards. Went for 10 minute test ride and then had to do other stuff.

I think the 2017 stock map was pretty good ... good power, not that snatchy, runs pretty cleanly ... but at steady throttle, around 3250 rpms, there seemed to be some backfire that the cat & stock muffler does a good job trying to hide. Smile

Also been reading all I could find about suspension settings for this bike ... been playing with spring preload front and rear and clicker settings. I'm 155 lbs (70kg) so kind of light. Might post some of that up in a relevant suspension thread.

Now off for a ride and some more testing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:56 pm

Went to "Bikes and Breakfast" in Palisades NY then through Harriman State Park.  Photo was taken facing Lake Welch beach, one of many lakes in the park.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Diablo Loco
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Diablo Loco

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:09 am

wardentm wrote:
G'day all
Riding along yesterday and noticed my front right indicator drooping down looking very sorry.
When I stopped and looked the 'rubber' stem was broken through .... taped it up and went on the day
Question, where in Aus would I be best to look for a new one ?
cheers all

Thunderbikes has probably restocked after all mine were replaced before I went on the RF ride last month Very Happy

I had started to put a bike cover on, broke all the indicators and a mirror.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:20 am

I'd forgotten about this. Knew I had a a few somewhere, just not sure where....Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:49 am

Townsville Peter and I did the Nerriga/Wool/Turpentine Rd/Bay/Clyde loop today as we hadn't had a chance for a ride while he's been down and he dragged his GRiSO down specially.

The weather gods and the wallopers were kind and we had a very satisfactory run.

Then it was back to the grindstone finishing off Greg's Sport and Tim's GRiSO 850, still got the brake and clutch fluid to do but they're otherwise done and dusted. A Stelvio in this afternoon for a 10,000 Service too.

We won't mention the couple who turned up this arvo on a BMW wanting 'Info' on how to rebuild his Eldorado. No suggestion was made as to money changing hands. Just pump me for 'Info'! Actually I think that's a lie. In between the looking down the nose there might of been a suggestion that I might supply some shims. Note I say 'Might'. I'm obviously looking forward to a blissful retirement on the income gleaned from the sale of a handful of shims! I was so glad the oldest bike in the shop was Michael's crashed Aprilia and I was deep in playing with a bike plugged into a computer. Hopefully the message is getting out there.......

I suppose next on the agenda is the NZ trip to rollerise a Sport and a Stelvio, and I'm still trying to finalise Mark's insurance claim.

Arse!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Townsville Peter and I did the Nerriga/Wool/Turpentine Rd/Bay/Clyde loop today as we hadn't had a chance for a ride while he's been down and he dragged his GRiSO down specially.

The weather gods and the wallopers were kind and we had a very satisfactory run.

Then it was back to the grindstone finishing off Greg's Sport and Tim's GRiSO 850, still got the brake and clutch fluid to do but they're otherwise done and dusted. A Stelvio in this afternoon for a 10,000 Service too.

We won't mention the couple who turned up this arvo

"Arvo?" scratch

Thankfully, there are translators for such things. cheers

Arvo  Very Happy

Bill
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:06 pm

Bill, it takes a lot of effort but you are getting educated!

Reminds me of when I worked for a US software company - cost us a bloody fortune to bring them over here, to explain things. They couldn't believe Sydney had tall building and there were no kangaroos in the main street - some will believe anything...

Seriously Bill, when you eventually get here, you will learn lots, including a few words that would make a good Catholic blush. Come on down, Bill, we'll throw another prawn on the barbie.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:56 am

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Bill, it takes a lot of effort but you are getting educated!

Reminds me of when I worked for a US software company - cost us a bloody fortune to bring them over here, to explain things. They couldn't believe Sydney had tall building and there were no kangaroos in the main street - some will believe anything...

Seriously Bill, when you eventually get here, you will learn lots, including a few words that would make a good Catholic blush. Come on down, Bill, we'll throw another prawn on the barbie.

Now that would be a Cabal worth travelling to. "Come on down Bill" Thumbs Up cheers
I have a spare GRiSO with your name on him , Or a Fat GRiSO ( Stelvio ) Laughing Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:40 pm

Went for a nice ride. One of the last ones this year, I'm afraid. The mountain tops are covered in snow, and my dash showed the dreaded snowflake for a few moments.

Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:39 pm

Superbe !
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:44 am

Nothing.
Not a bike in sight.
Or a road....

But we are halfway between 3 and 4, trying to avoid the pretty colours...
ETA Ft Lauderdale 24th.
Back to top Go down
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:36 pm

Trip over to Triumph Factory experience in Hinckley.
Life changing moment for 2 visitors when they were told that their British built bikes were actually made in factory number 6 or something - Thailand??
Then a trip to a newly appointed Guzzi dealership. When asked about MG experienced staff they answered absolutely nothing but they were thinking about sending technicians on training courses over the next couple of years. They did point out that they had been servicing Yamaha for many years.
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:58 pm

bahamazoo wrote:
Nothing.
Not a bike in sight.
Or a road....
ETA Ft Lauderdale 24th.

Shit, you really get around Pat!
Extra-curricular trip or just a wayward fishing vessel?
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:10 pm

bahamazoo wrote:
Nothing.
Not a bike in sight.
Or a road....

ETA Ft Lauderdale 24th.

1988 I did the same voyage ! A bit further south, stopping in Cape Verde before crossing.

Good luck. Don't know if you've done that crossing before. But it's memorable.

What are you sailing ?
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:14 am

Clocked over 140,000km today. Not bad for a 5 1/2 year old bike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next