GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Update to my leaky speedo fix

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Red Leader
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Red Leader

Update to my leaky speedo fix Empty
PostSubject: Update to my leaky speedo fix   Update to my leaky speedo fix Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:29 am

Hi Everyone,

In December last year I took my speedo off my bike & sealed it up with silicon as I'd been getting fed up with the misting whenever we had warm weather.
I've ridden the bike everyday except for a few days snowed in the other month; believe me, it's had plenty of rain on it both driving about & also when it's parked up all day where I work.

Last week we had some really hot weather for the first time this year- it's been a cold winter- so I left the bike out to see if I'd get the mist & there was a really, really small bit but nothing like I used to get. It disappeared pretty quickly unlike previously where it would just linger in the shape of drops hanging from the underside of the speedo lens.

I'm hoping that tiny amount is just leftover from when I sealed it as I did the job in the middle of winter so the air moisture content was as you'd expect for a grey December day.... I did think that at the time although I left the speedo in the airing cupboard all night to minimise  the moisture content.
That's what I hope anyway! I may end up doing the job again in the middle of summer just to make sure & leave the speedo in the airing cupboard for a week.

So the upshot is I think it's OK...if not it's certainly 99% better.

My next post will be to tell you all how annoying I found replacing the oil sensor was but I have to go now....

Cheers..........
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Update to my leaky speedo fix   Update to my leaky speedo fix Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:48 am

Maybe easier than putting speedo in airing cupboard, I've been using a Pingi car humidifier I got free when I bought spare parts from Mr auto for my car. I just put it on top of the speedo & put a bag over both....means I just have to pull the bag off and ride away. It works really well and I haven't had any misting since using it (had various levels before depending on weather etc). It's regenerated in a few seconds by microwaving it. They only cost 5 gbp as well.
Back to top Go down
Red Leader
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Red Leader

PostSubject: Re: Update to my leaky speedo fix   Update to my leaky speedo fix Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:40 am

Thanks for the suggestion, Paulbrice.

That's an interesting gadget & I hadn't thought of anything like that.
As it goes I might buy one for our camper van which spends most of the year not being used!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Red Leader
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Red Leader

PostSubject: Re: Update to my leaky speedo fix   Update to my leaky speedo fix Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:12 pm

Yesterday it hammered down & the bike took it all.

Today it was nice & sunny all day.
No misting at all so hopefully that's that.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update to my leaky speedo fix   Update to my leaky speedo fix Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Update to my leaky speedo fix
Page 1 of 1