GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Greetings from finland.

Go down 
+6
sideshowbob
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
Pete Roper
Diablo Loco
Kadonnut
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 8:30 am

A world away and Pete is assisting a guy in Finland that has been right royally screwed by his dealer(s). Thanks Pete, awesome service.

I hereby nominate Roper San to the position of "God of Guzzi". Any seconders?
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 10:49 am

Just a man, but a dam fine one! Try cherry juice for that gout.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 10:53 am

Anyone who can perform diagnosis from the other side of the planet, with only a hint of a clue, probably stands a bit above the rest of us mere mortals.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 11:38 am

Once again, Pete, you're showing your true self and belying the mean old bastard persona you relish so much.

Oh, and welcome to the Ghetto, Kadonnut. It sucks that your local dealership has proven themselves to be incompetent, but you're in good hands here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Kadonnut
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kadonnut

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 3:50 pm

Theres one 27000km ridden 1100 2007 on sale for good price.. i think i'll buy and ride it while waiting repair and then i'll have one with each type of motor .... GRiSO is just way to ride
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 3:58 pm

Attaboy! That’s the spirit Thumbs Up

Both your partners and your bike/s really will need their swingarm bearings and shock linkages greasing. Especially in cool, wet climates they take a real hammering unless they are really well packed.

Have you been to your shop yet? I’ll be interested to see what they say.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Kadonnut
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kadonnut

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 4:41 pm

It might be your bedtime when i get there.. but after work i'll go and inform here what they say... im pretty much interested about this too..
Back to top Go down
Diablo Loco
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Diablo Loco

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 5:04 pm

@Kadonnut You might have recourse through your Consumer Advisory Services against the dealer or maybe the manufacturer.

Our law suck in this regard but maybe in Finland you have some sort of 'lemon law'. The original 8V really was a lemon.
Back to top Go down
MattF
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MattF

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 5:34 pm

I’m feeling your pain. Went through a similar process that came about from a previously reputable Guzzi service agent.
I was lucky that Mr Roper was not half a world away, only 700 kms. All was rectified by him and Michael.
Listen to what he says - he knows his stuff.
Back to top Go down
Kadonnut
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kadonnut

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 5:37 pm

Well we do have a thing called kuluttajansuoja.. its authority such if you buy something thats not what it supposed to be.. like used car from dealer and there is something wrong that dealer should know about or even illegal tires thats not mentioned.. or a toaster that brokes before it should .. but lets see first what dealer says about it.
Back to top Go down
Kadonnut
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kadonnut

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 5:43 pm

I should buy a big boat and pay you guys a visit.. never done much boating so it could be fun.. just me and GRiSO and waves of the sea(s)
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 5:44 pm

Make sure you get here for summer. But remember, it can get up to 45 C even in the south of Oz.
Back to top Go down
Kadonnut
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kadonnut

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 5:53 pm

Funny thing is that the guy who has made last few services in my bike has kind of guzziwizard status here.. so if he has any proudness of his work everything should go well.. but theres still many iffs.. like wizardness and messing up with engines.. badly. Never know.. i have quite good feeling about this..
Back to top Go down
MattF
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MattF

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 6:53 pm

Gotta keep smiling and be positive otherwise it’s a rapidly downward spiral. The feeling of riding a well sorted out GRiSO is just awesome.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 7:03 pm

Well, that may be half the problem.

Most of the ‘Wizards’ and ‘Gurus’ haven’t moved beyond about 1990.

I know that there are a lot of people who try and say that I am one of the aforementioned ‘Gurus’ or whatever. I hate it. All I am is a tradesman who actually knows his trade. Yes I have a lifetime of Guzzi experience but one of the most important things about ANY trade is staying up to date with new developments. What shits me is that many people don’t.

Your bloke in Finland may be a bloody demon knocking out ‘Cafe Racer’ Tontis and tarting up V7’s. He may even be a reasonable spanner twirler, but his diagnostic and research skills are shite.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 7:57 pm

I had the same process going on my 8V already at 25 000 km's. I was lucky in doing valve checking myself, first at 22 k and when the top end started sounding a bit noisier, at 24 k. With help from the Forum I could then go to my local Guzzi mechanic here at Kokkola, northwestern Finland.
The man believed what was said about the tappet failures, even when my GRiSO was the first case he'd seen. So we ended up taking a lot of photos and sent them to the then importer. I respect the guy who is a local 'guru' but didn't let that fog his vision!
He got a conversion kit from factory, assembled it, took the sump down and washed it, I rode a few days and then changed oil& filter again and voila. The bike has now some 10 k's more on him and the newest valve check was just that, a check.

Back to top Go down
Kadonnut
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kadonnut

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 8:02 pm

Hyvä jotta suomessaki homma toimii!! Toivotaa että täällä etelässä myös .. sorry about this bad english Wink

And ofcourse any help inside finland would be great if things go south.. but still i've got good feeling.. its almost like not beeing in finland cos its over 20°C
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 9:51 pm

Lohduttaudu sillä, että mulla menee vielä 4 vkoa ennenkuin saan lääkäriltä luvan ajaa. Olkapää murskana.

I have a perfectly good GRiSO, perfect weather and a crushed shoulderblade waiting a further 4 weeks before I'm hopefully getting an OK from the doctors😤

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Kadonnut
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kadonnut

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 10, 2018 2:04 am

So i visited that dealer ... and after little bit of talking to guy behind the desk he told me theyre no longer guzzi dealers that it changed last winter.. so no luck there... i managed to talk to that wizardy lizard that has been servicing my bike... he told me that its not possible to predict tappet failure..and told me to forget these forums cos different countries have different .... i didnt really get what.. and told that grandpa that guzziz are same everywhere and so are these tappets... he said.. hmm pity your engine broke.. you should go and talk to guzzi dealer about it... they have warranty for those tappets... then he looked my service manual.. said these are yearservices doesnt include valve clearances.. so i said ill go home and bring you resits where you have charged me from valves so ill get some money back.. then he said.. wait these are real services ok.. i asked why he hasnt took off those rocker arms and investigate tappets.. answer was straight no one from guzzi told me to fo it.. theres no service that includes it.... well after this bullshit i called the guy whos selling 1100 GRiSO and testride it tomorrow ... cos it might take 6weeks to get parts from italy and i think atleast 2 to get bike to new guzzi dealer...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 10, 2018 3:20 am

God’s teeth!
Back to top Go down
Kadonnut
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kadonnut

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 11, 2018 6:05 am

I thought my summer was spoiled cos of that tappet failure... it wasn't... now it really is because i have a loan bike for summer.. 1800cc harley..... only real excuse is that the 1100 GRiSO i was buying was just shitty looking thing for only 27000 on the clock.. now i dont have to buy any bike (guess i still should) cos i have that 350kg tank.. i think curvy roads aren't this summers thing for me...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 11, 2018 2:54 pm

Do you want me to send Michael over to do it for you? He’d probably be up for a trip to Finland? Twisted Evil

Pete
Back to top Go down
Kadonnut
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kadonnut

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 11, 2018 5:55 pm

Well that would be kind.. i'll buy him a beer atleast.. even if he doesn't do anything.. luckily im repairing chimney for c/o of that company who has guzzis now.. and where i should go and talk.. so i'll just chat about it with him.. maybe it helps
Back to top Go down
Kadonnut
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kadonnut

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 11, 2018 6:01 pm

I think i understoid your message wrong.. Wink you planned to send him here just for my bike Smile)
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 11, 2018 6:32 pm

You pay? We do! We’ve done international before, just not intercontinental.

Last resort mate and in real terms not robably worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from finland.    Greetings from finland.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Greetings from finland.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next