GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

OEM seat kills my tail bone!!

Go down 
+5
wyno
waterbottle
Pete Roper
beetle
Seafrontpete
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Seafrontpete
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Seafrontpete

OEM seat kills my tail bone!! Empty
PostSubject: OEM seat kills my tail bone!!   OEM seat kills my tail bone!! Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:55 pm

Gents, Greetings from Sydney

A bit of advice, After 30 mins I have real "tail bone Pain" was going to say Coccyx but it sounds dodgy lol

Should I invest in a Corbin seat which will be $800USD landed in Oz, or buy an Airhawk?

Also will it help if I drop the pegs?

Thanks all

Jokes and piss taking welcome
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: OEM seat kills my tail bone!!   OEM seat kills my tail bone!! Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:00 pm

waterbottle is selling a Corbin. Check the classified ad sub-forum.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: OEM seat kills my tail bone!!   OEM seat kills my tail bone!! Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:40 am

You’re more than welcome to drop up to Bungendore and borrow mine for an afternoon if you want to try before you buy. What year is your SE?
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: OEM seat kills my tail bone!!   OEM seat kills my tail bone!! Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:46 am

Good advice Pete, from Pete ( Too many Pete's ) The Corbins are a Firm seat , but support your butt better on the longer rides.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: OEM seat kills my tail bone!!   OEM seat kills my tail bone!! Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:07 am

Pete, you could also check out MJM seats in Goulburn. I had mine done there and it cost me $525. delivered. It may not look a svelte as the GRiSO seat, but it sure is easier on the arse.
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: OEM seat kills my tail bone!!   OEM seat kills my tail bone!! Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:30 am

I'm sure the seat will help but a lack of comfort can be about the riding position, the relationship between arm back and legs while on the bike.
Using 25mm lower footpegs can make things surprisingly better, the same with the handlebars position. Worth thinking about if the seat still isn't right.

Last edited by davem on Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seafrontpete
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Seafrontpete

PostSubject: Re: OEM seat kills my tail bone!!   OEM seat kills my tail bone!! Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:37 am

Pete Roper wrote:
You’re more than welcome to drop up to Bungendore and borrow mine for an afternoon if you want to try before you buy. What year is your SE?

2014 SE however thanks for the offer but its about 200KM to your place and work is a pain at the moment plus my Ass would be in bits ha ha
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: OEM seat kills my tail bone!!   OEM seat kills my tail bone!! Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:49 am

FWIW I damaged my butt bone a decade ago, bought the Airhawk & have been very happy with it.

It's the cheaper option, I switch it between bikes & take it with me when I'll be sitting on hard chairs for hours.

The downside is you lose some of the input you get of what the bikes doing underneath you. But for touring it's fine
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: OEM seat kills my tail bone!!   OEM seat kills my tail bone!! Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:37 am

I love my Airhawk too. For longer rides, there is no substitute.
Back to top Go down
Seafrontpete
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Seafrontpete

PostSubject: Re: OEM seat kills my tail bone!!   OEM seat kills my tail bone!! Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:23 pm

I just bought an Airhawk Ill give it a go once the rain stops
Back to top Go down
vee2win
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
vee2win

PostSubject: Re: OEM seat kills my tail bone!!   OEM seat kills my tail bone!! Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:32 pm

Why not have an auto/m-c upholstery shop make the stocker the way u want it? Going to do the same with the new GRiSO and will spend way less for what fits me. Already talked with them and can wait while they cut/add/remove foam and make it right. There's gotta be someone near you. I have an Airhawk for my Concours14 and works fine, but raises me up and I feel kinda disconnected when cornering. YMMV.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OEM seat kills my tail bone!!   OEM seat kills my tail bone!! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

OEM seat kills my tail bone!!
Page 1 of 1