GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Rizoma Action LED indicators

Go down 
+2
wardentm
paulbrice
6 posters
AuthorMessage
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Rizoma Action LED indicators Empty
PostSubject: Rizoma Action LED indicators   Rizoma Action LED indicators Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:00 am

Just fitted these front & rear. Rear is easy especially if you've got tail tidy setup.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

For front there are 3-4 options depending how much machining you want to do yourself but I went for OFFICINE08 adapter plates below - the long M8 spacer replaces the big nut and washer in the Rizoma kit & the adapter plate (and countersunk bolt) allows reuse of original fitting hole & nut. I was thinking to cut original base and adapt with my own spacer but TBH it's easier to have it all ready for a few $.

By taking the OEM indicator apart you just unplug the wires and then can check options to fitting new signals (else you have to remove dash or cut wires and you can't quickly get back on road !). I did this three times to check different options before selecting OFFICINE08 adapter.

I put the resistors under the tank cover each side and lengthened the OEM wires to get out there. Pictures explain rest....

Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma Action LED indicators   Rizoma Action LED indicators Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:51 pm

Hi Paul
Greetings from beautiful Tasmania.
What you have done is an option for me ....but I lack confidence playing around with electricity ..
My front right indicator has broken it's rubber stem ....would you be prepared to sell me yours ?
cheers
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma Action LED indicators   Rizoma Action LED indicators Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:47 am

I could build up a 'viable' front right (water drain at bottom) with all the bits I have (apart from 2 replacement ones fitted 2 years ago, all the rest have rotted reflectors & broken lens tabs).....I haven't got the wiring (needed to use the connectors) but you can keep your original wiring and just plug it inside.

My main worry is postage to Tasmania will be more than buying new one locally for you - I wouldn't charge you for the indicator. Will check postage cost & PM you options (eg may be same price to send you two).
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma Action LED indicators   Rizoma Action LED indicators Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:08 am

There's lot more room to chuck resistors on left-hand side, I'd have stuck both there if I started again !... see video for reason why these indicators are a safety item (that's wot I told Mrs Bricey when I showed her & seemed to work)

Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma Action LED indicators   Rizoma Action LED indicators Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:14 pm

G'day Paul
Thanks for helping me out with your 'old' bits, appreciated.
Stay safe and warm.
Back to top Go down
ozoceanview
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
ozoceanview

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma Action LED indicators   Rizoma Action LED indicators Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:17 pm

Wardentm. I put my resistors in the tail piece and used a different brand of indicators. I doubt I will be putting my standard ones back on ever and am based in QLD, so postage will not be a big deal. ( i just have to remember where i put them and which were the 'good ones"
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma Action LED indicators   Rizoma Action LED indicators Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:57 am

Ozo - thanks for your kind offer, please do not thro them out, they may be handy for someone in my position into the future ...
Paul - your indicators arrived yesterday, thanks. Away on the north island at present on a Royal Enfield rally, will get some UKPs into your paypal account when I get home. Again thanks.
These types of offers and help are what help make this forum a great place to be.
Regards all.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma Action LED indicators   Rizoma Action LED indicators Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:07 pm

You took the GRiSO or the Connie to Mt Gambier, Trev? I'm sorry I'm not there - opted for paperwork rather than continuing on from the Spag - my regards to all there - next year I should be sorted.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma Action LED indicators   Rizoma Action LED indicators Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:28 pm

Hi Mal
Greetings from MtGambier .....not the GRiSO, or the Connie, but the 500 Iron barrel Bullet.
Sorry you could not make it but you can't make'm all ...
Stay safe and warm
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma Action LED indicators   Rizoma Action LED indicators Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:14 pm

Well done, have fun.
Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma Action LED indicators   Rizoma Action LED indicators Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:24 pm

Paul.
The big question is...
Do the lights do the job. Same or brighter ?
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma Action LED indicators   Rizoma Action LED indicators Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:58 am

Waaaaay brighter (doesn't the video clip work?), even compared to new OEMs where smoked lens seems to filter out the light. Inside the old ones (after 10 years) there is no reflective chromed plastic left so they are hopeless; and the lens tab breaks despite carefully trying to extract it.......though I never had a bulb fail, I suspect a failed bulb will mean a new indicator due to rear screw corroding in & the lens tab gone brittle.

Also look good Very Happy; I chose Actions as they are reasonable size but not clumpy like OEM....the more you pay the smaller you get with LEDs and I wasn't looking for the 'can't see any indicators' look (nor the cheaper dynamic running line look ones)
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma Action LED indicators   Rizoma Action LED indicators Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:34 pm

Nice Paul :-)

I have some hanging around in the Garage, maybe its a winter project...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma Action LED indicators   Rizoma Action LED indicators Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Rizoma Action LED indicators
Page 1 of 1