GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Rizoma LED turn signals

Go down 
+5
SMTCapeCod
paulbrice
moby
Chris W
GuZeee
9 posters
AuthorMessage
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

Rizoma LED turn signals Empty
PostSubject: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:09 am

They are so small but so BRIGHT! They fit perfectly on the rear of the GRiSO, look great and are painfully bright in operation. A bit pricey but worth it (and ballast resistors are included)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:56 pm

that's a pretty clean install
what do they look like from behind?
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:28 pm

Chris W wrote:
that's a pretty clean install
what do they look like from behind?

They look great from behind! I have a video showing their brightness, I’ll post it.

They are very easy to install: they fit the existing holes perfectly and just bolt on. The wiring and ballast resistors fit nicely in the rear underseat area.
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:41 pm

Here is a short video showing how it looks from behind

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And a pic showing when they are off:

Back to top Go down
moby
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
moby

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:53 am

Hi Looks good!

It would be great to know which Rizoma model/item number these are. Also do you get front ones too?

Many thanks,

Ross ? Moby
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:33 am

I think front ones need adapters (bought or made)...I fitted Rizoma Action Indicators front & back - here's the adapter shown

I bought these Officine08 adpater
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:41 pm

paulbrice wrote:
I think front ones need adapters (bought or made)...I fitted Rizoma Action Indicators front & back - here's the adapter shown

I bought these Officine08 adpater

Hi- for the front, did you splice into the factory wiring harness? I'm trying to learn about/decide whether it makes sense to open the dash and connect the aftermarket wires there. I have the Rizoma-> Grizo harness, but I'm not sure whether it is applicable to the front. Or how to get into the dash to check the factory connections, for that matter.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:09 pm

the factory connections are the same 2 wire plug as used in the back indicators - i think it is the 2.8mm mini connector - this USA site looks like them [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are two allen screws (4mm i think) holding the intruments to the top yoke visible from on top.
There are two more (one from each side) holding the instruments to the top of the hoop that supports the headlight and indicators.
You also need to undo the 4 self tapping screws that hold the silver frame to the crome body then the intrument pack lifts out and you can see the indicator connections.

Mine is very fiddly to get back so i chose to cut the indicator wires close to the indicators and put insulated crimp connectors in with a protective plastic spiral to stop them wearing on cables and pipes

Last edited by lcjohnny on Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : crap spelling)
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:16 pm

Very, very helpful-- thank you!  

I was sure hoping it was just going to require pulling the top bezel and four screws!

Here's the rhizoma kit I mean rizoma

Last edited by SMTCapeCod on Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:28 am

From memory....firstly the Rizomas come with the ballast resistors that need to be connected into the new LEDs. Basically I stuck the resistors in near the the coils at each side; ran the original wires that went to the OEM indicators back to the resistors & ran the new wires from Rizomas back to the same resistors. Because the Rizomas plug into their own resistors, the only 'connecting' modification was to cut the spade ends off the OEM wires & solder on bullets to connect to the new connectors. I didn't go near the instrument dashboard as I needed all the wiring to reach the resistors. In general (and unless I see need for connector) I prefer to bare/solder/shrinkwrap wires together to keep tidy wirelines.

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:05 pm

I’m being tempted by the Rizomas. Ones I’ve seen, the wiring in particular looks better finished.

Rizoma Vision Sequential LED Indicators, about 60mm long, 64 UKp.  Hmmm

There are YouTube videos demonstrating them

• Consider using them with a replacement digital relay rather than via resistors.

Bob

Last edited by BobW981 on Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:32 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Add image)
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:29 am

Don't be tempted by the Oxford Nightrider - a load of my mates told me that mine were so dim it was worthless in daylight - wasted money Sad
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:32 am

The Rizoma connector kit that I cited above was not correct.
I did install the turn signals on the front, in keeping with Mr. Brice's guidance. I obtained a mounting point from a Triumph vendor in Pennsylvania, to provide a little stand-off distance. I'm pleased with them.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:08 am

They look good Bob & digital relay probably a lot easier - just need to work out fitting adapter for front !

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:18 pm

lcjohnny wrote:
Don't be tempted by the Oxford Nightrider - a load of my mates told me that mine were so dim it was worthless in daylight - wasted money Sad

Thanks for he warning.  I saw the Oxford Nightriders @ 64 UKp for all 4, and the motto, ‘you get what you pay for’ came to mind.  Their sequential action had only one step ie off -> 4-leds -> 11-leds. The lights (leds?) are very small, and from a demonstration on YouTube, they indeed looked less than bright.  I actually wonder whether every light is an individual led.  
On seeing the above, I gave up on Sequential indicators, and was looking at the quality offerings from Kellerman and Motogadgets.

Upon chance viewing of the Rizoma Vision indicators, I’ve researched them & suitably impressed.  From YouTube demos they look very bright, and the 5 individual leds are 5 steps.

paulbrice wrote:
They look good Bob & digital relay probably a lot easier - just need to work out fitting adapter for front !

Rizoma digital flasher relay costs 15 UKp.  Various people sell M8 adapter plates (for the front?).

I’ve ordered a tail-tidy from Gutsibits.  Agostini Mandello have a good looking carbon hugger, which will be ordered after the tail-tidy arrives.

Bob
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:37 pm

The indicators are controlled by the dash. No flasher relay involved.
Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:47 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
The indicators are controlled by the dash. No flasher relay involved.

🙏  That’s saved me a wasted relay LOL
Do you know if that means, it’s back to using resistors?

Bob
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:10 pm

Yup, you'll need resistors I imagine.

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:36 pm

yup resistors but probably only on the front OR the back, not both. It's just to kid the dash that you have "globes".

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:36 am

These LED indicators from Alchemy are small(ish) and bright (and only £37.99 for 4).
They do need a ballast resistor to stop the "bulb dead" indicator.  Alchemy super bright LED

Will post pictures on the bike when i finish rebuilding the back Smile
Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:59 am

lcjohnny wrote:
These LED indicators from Alchemy are small(ish) and bright (and only £37.99 for 4).

Johnny very cheap, good luck. The nearest LED Rizomas are the Action, that paulbrice fitted are half the size, but cost £43 each (£172/set). The Rizoma Visions are smaller again, and a step up at £64 each (£256/set).

Has anybody sourced reasonably priced Adapter Plates for the front?
Kellerman charge €15/ pair from Germany, and KC34 do theirs at €12/ pair from Italy.
Current import rules seem to be, purchase ex EU taxes, then pay UK VAT on total incl post.

Bob
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:19 am

The pair I snagged for the front are by Motogadget, perhaps you can check for a local or European Motogadget distributor?

"Motogadget Billet Mo.blaze Turn Signal Adapters - 2016+ Triumph Classics"

I used A&J cycles in NY, for any U.S. persons that may visit the thread in the future.
I used the resistors supplied with the Rizomas for the front pair.
The LEDs on the rear, installed by for the p/o by a shop in Cali, did/do not have resistors.

Last edited by SMTCapeCod on Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:28 pm

I bought the Actions from AR Harley in 2018 & w/out the wrong adapters I added (& never used), they would have come in at just over £130 delivered....

The officine08 adapters I bought were really expensive & now at €23 each (plus P&P, custom etc) & they are made by Daes-moto (see below) and sold at their website Das Moto indicators for €15.60 each (plus P&P, customs etc)

TBH they would be easy enough to turn up, but depends how many other mechanical nightmares you are working on....

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rizoma LED turn signals   Rizoma LED turn signals Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Rizoma LED turn signals
Page 1 of 1