GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Headlight wiring - Need help finding part #

Go down 
+2
beetle
burntclutch
6 posters
AuthorMessage
burntclutch
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
burntclutch

Headlight wiring - Need help finding part # Empty
PostSubject: Headlight wiring - Need help finding part #   Headlight wiring - Need help finding part # Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:54 pm

Hey guys,
I bought a 2007 GRiSO that was pretty neglected, so I am trying to get it back to stock. I was putting a new headlight ring on today and saw some hacked up wiring that connects the headlight to the main harness. I can see the wiring connector in the manual..but no number is listed with it. The headlight cup is all mangled also...but that is a part I know.
Does anyone have any idea of what the part number for the connector that goes from the pilot light and headlight to the main harness is?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Thank you for any help!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Headlight wiring - Need help finding part #   Headlight wiring - Need help finding part # Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:05 pm

I don't believe it's available separately. It's part of the headlight assembly.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
burntclutch
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
burntclutch

PostSubject: Re: Headlight wiring - Need help finding part #   Headlight wiring - Need help finding part # Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:41 pm

I guess I will have to call to make sure. Darn though..I just got the most pricey part of that assembly (the ring) in the other day.

beetle wrote:
I don't believe it's available separately. It's part of the headlight assembly.

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Headlight wiring - Need help finding part #   Headlight wiring - Need help finding part # Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:58 pm

I can make you one if you wish.
Back to top Go down
BrianD
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
BrianD

PostSubject: Re: Headlight wiring - Need help finding part #   Headlight wiring - Need help finding part # Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:30 pm

You will probably find with a bit of searching that eBay will have the connectors you are looking for; I found replacement conenctors for the ignition switch to harness there. I think that I ended up looking for japanese motorcycle connectors.

Hope this may be of use
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Headlight wiring - Need help finding part #   Headlight wiring - Need help finding part # Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:13 pm

The existing wiring doesn't look that bad to me, except the pilot lamp wire has been shortened.  Why do you need to replace it?
Back to top Go down
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

PostSubject: Re: Headlight wiring - Need help finding part #   Headlight wiring - Need help finding part # Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:01 pm

I'd call the whole shebang a "cable," made up of four wires and two connectors. I believe the connector going to the harness is a Hitachi-type, like this item:

Natural

Connector Set Male and Female - Set SC1104 Nt $2.50 each

found here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But it seems you want the whole cable. I'd recommend contacting anyone that is breaking up a GRiSO for parts and carefully describing what you want. The lack of part number in the parts book strongly suggests you can't order it separately from Guzzi.

Moto
Back to top Go down
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

PostSubject: Re: Headlight wiring - Need help finding part #   Headlight wiring - Need help finding part # Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:05 pm

Even better, here one is on ebay, just as BrianD suggested there would be:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Moto
Back to top Go down
burntclutch
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
burntclutch

PostSubject: Re: Headlight wiring - Need help finding part #   Headlight wiring - Need help finding part # Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:20 pm

Wow, thanks! Lots to think about Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headlight wiring - Need help finding part #   Headlight wiring - Need help finding part # Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Headlight wiring - Need help finding part #
Page 1 of 1