GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Fuel Tank Modification

Go down 
+16
Steak
Stubbie
Grisodude
kiwi dave
waterbottle
Street
2highlander
sideshowbob
Bill Hagan
Nobleswood
motor-timothy
davem
Grisonut
Oz1200Guzzi
V11
MrGPz
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

Fuel Tank Modification - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Tank Modification   Fuel Tank Modification - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:20 am

cognosticator wrote:
I am thinking about mounting a rotopax 2 gallon tank to the back where I have a givi rack attached.

I can go 130 miles before I need to find a gas station, and I am ready to stop and stretch by then. The problem with the 130 range isn't me, but I like to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway when I head north and I find that gas stations are few and far between and I don't want to run out of fuel nor do I want to have to ride 20 miles into a town and back.  I wish they had put the tank capacity for the 1200 sport on the GRiSO.

I am headed to a COG rally in Pennsylvania in July and want to ride most of the BRP north and the range concerns me

I've ridden the whole thing and no issues at all on fuel. You will get a little increase in your mileage on the BRP anyways.

Also, Mark's map will extend your range some too. I Get somewhere between 10-15 extra miles per tank before the light comes on.
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Tank Modification   Fuel Tank Modification - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:39 pm

Mark's map was one of the first things I got when I got the GRiSO. I ordered a 1.75G rotopax today so now i won't worry about running the BRP and finding fuel
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Tank Modification   Fuel Tank Modification - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:10 pm

I ordered a 1 gallon rotopax to see if i could mount it on a tankring above my tank, it is doable, but looks too ugly.
I am back to looking at modifying the tank,

Also my mileage went down with beetles map, but my avg speed went up!!
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Tank Modification   Fuel Tank Modification - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:56 pm

I was going to ask why not strap a Rotopax to the outside of the luggage for the times where you need the extra range.  That is a simple, easy and inexpensive solution.  Here in Colorado, there are places where the gas stations are few and far between.  My wife and I have discussed that she'll be carrying the Rotopax for me if we decide to do a trip where I ride the GRiSO.  It is a fair trade since I carry the Rotopax on the KTM when she is on her Beta 2T.
Back to top Go down
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Tank Modification   Fuel Tank Modification - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That was my solution to extend the range
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Tank Modification   Fuel Tank Modification - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:52 pm

Omnis - What kind of luggage rack is that?
Back to top Go down
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Tank Modification   Fuel Tank Modification - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:15 pm

It’s the standard rack for the oem Guzzi side bags. The Kolpin fuel tank has mounting brackets that can be adapted easily to the rack.
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Tank Modification   Fuel Tank Modification - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:26 pm

Omnis - Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Tank Modification   Fuel Tank Modification - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Fuel Tank Modification
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2