GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What’s this leaking hose?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

What’s this leaking hose? Empty
PostSubject: What’s this leaking hose?   What’s this leaking hose? Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:15 pm

Hi all. Just come back from a decent day’s ride to notice some splattering of oil around the right side throttle body. Closer inspection reveals a perished hose that has a pretty simple clip keeping it attached to the cylinder head. It’s pretty soft rubber so I assumed that it wasn’t an oil line, but it’s definitely weeping oil as far as I can ascertain. Took the right side wing off and took a pic pics. Apologies if the pics don’t work out first go.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What’s this leaking hose?   What’s this leaking hose? Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:22 pm

Yeah. Breather hose. I have them in stock if Peter Stephens or whoever don’t.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

PostSubject: Re: What’s this leaking hose?   What’s this leaking hose? Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:30 pm

Thanks Pete.
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

PostSubject: Re: What’s this leaking hose?   What’s this leaking hose? Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:35 pm

Where does it go/terminate? Is it a tank-off job to change?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What’s this leaking hose?   What’s this leaking hose? Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:49 pm

Yeah. The breather box it terminates at is just behind the steering head. I'd suggest replacing both and the condensor cap 'Condom' at the same time. Yes, the original components are shit and grossly over priced but I simply can't be arsed screwing about working out an alternative for something that may fail every five to ten years while the originals are still available. Life's too short.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

PostSubject: Re: What’s this leaking hose?   What’s this leaking hose? Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:37 pm

Thanks again Pete. Are you able to source these parts? Would prefer to purchase from yourself rather than try to explain what I need to somebody else who would inevitably have no idea what I’m after. Please PM as required. Thanks.

Brent.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What’s this leaking hose?   What’s this leaking hose? Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:50 pm

Yeah, sure, send me an email or PM me your email address along with your postal address and I'll pop them in the post on Monday and send you an invoice you can pay on-line. From memory the hoses are about $48 each and the 'Condom' is about $8. Postage won't be much.

Petr
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

PostSubject: Re: What’s this leaking hose?   What’s this leaking hose? Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:22 pm

PM sent. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What’s this leaking hose?   What’s this leaking hose? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What’s this leaking hose?
Page 1 of 1