GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

time to replace GRiSO

Go down 
+17
bahamazoo
beetle
zebraranger
sideshowbob
Kel
Rushjob
GHTE
usedtobefast
sidrat
Nobleswood
JohnA
davem
LBC Tenni
Pete Roper
GuzziSteve
janguzzi
DougMc
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DougMc
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
DougMc

time to replace GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:00 am

So I was passing by an Indian dealership today (also sold Ducatis) and thought it might be time to replace my GRiSO that I crashed in September. I went in and asked if they had any Guzzis, and the guy said yeah, just one. He took me back to the farthest corner and showed me a Coppa Italia, which I had never seen one before. What a jewel!!! and priced like one too. US$12,000 out the door. I guess it's basically a V1100, but with Ohlins forks and rear shock, a 2004 with 8500 miles. Any experience with these bikes? Would it be worth that price. I'm seriously thinking about it and my wife liked it too. There are GRiSO's to be had nearby Charlotte and Greensboro, but this seems like a rare opportunity.
Any opinions appreciated.
Doug
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:25 am

This is the right place for you:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The V11 was a great Guzzi but the GRiSO is a better bike.

Last edited by janguzzi on Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Bill Dee likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:37 am

Too much for the rare bird. About $5K too much. Get a new G12
Coppa's are just like the rest of the late V11's, nothing special really cept the paint. The suspension has the name but it's the low-end stuff. I worked on 3 Coppa's, fuses are rubber mounted and fall apart, same w/relays. Tanks dimple/swell up. It's your money. The rest of late V11's go for around $5-7K even w/Ohlins.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:08 am

It seems that there are places in the US that are running out the last of the Grisos at insane prices! The Coppa is a nice bike but like all the V11's they always feel a bit *Unfinished* to me. YOMV.

Pete
Back to top Go down
DougMc
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
DougMc

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:17 am

That's what I needed to hear. Beautiful though it is, it didn't have the muscular look and feel of the GRiSO when I sat on it. That amount of $$ will easily buy a brand new GRiSO around here. Time to get serious about grabbing one.
Doug
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:49 am

Any idea how long they've had it on the floor? It's just that an old mate of mine in Kansas City MO had his Coppa stolen a few weeks ago. They're a rare machine. He might be interested in contacting the shop and checking a few things.

Pete
Back to top Go down
DougMc
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
DougMc

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:06 am

I asked how long it's been on the floor and he said it had been the boss's bike and he was making room in his garage. Here's a link to the seller though if he wants to check out the pictures: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Doug
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:57 am

Thanks Doug. I don't think it's Sean's bike but I've passed the info on.

Pete
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:19 pm

Eurocycle in Vegas is currently advertising their last new Grisos at $7995. They charge higher than average fees, but you’ll still get a steal at that price. They also advertise that they’ll ship anywhere in the  lower 48 for $400.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:31 pm

Bloody hell at $8k/£6.3k I'm tempted to import one for myself.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:32 pm

I always thought the GRiSO was just in one color per year and 2017 went back to silver and black like my 2014. This Vegas dealer shows two GRiSO’s, one in red and one in silver both say 2017.....
It’s quite a deal at those prices.
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:07 am

Doug,

I second what everyone here has said; V11LeMans.com is the place for information.

Bikes like my 2004 V11 naked go for $5 - $6K and the ones with the upgrade Ohlins suspensions go for $7K realistically. The Ohlins was not the best when it was installed to begin with & now it's 15 years old & in need of a service. You have the Rocket for that 'Old world charm'

From having both bikes, my opinion is the GRiSO is a more modern bike, more stable. Both engines are great though. I think your knees won't care for the V11 as much as the GRiSO.

From a cost point of view the GRiSO is undervalued & on discount. The Coppa is a rare machine & speculators are trying to drive up the cost.
Knowing how that will appeal to your frugality, go & get one of the faster Red GRiSO's.

All the best

Tim
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:06 am

davem wrote:
Bloody hell at $8k/£6.3k I'm tempted to import one for myself.

Duty and VAT is going to take it nearer to £7.8, maybe nearer £9 with shipping...
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:34 am

Thanks for info on stolen Coppa. Really odd, almost like a crooked Guzzista. Guzzi's don't go missing too often.
Some real good deals on 16 & 17 models, pretty flat market.
Back to top Go down
usedtobefast
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
usedtobefast

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:13 am

Also the dealer in Accident, MD has a super cheap new GRiSO, and they don't add crazy fees. They can also ship.

As for color, in the US, 2017, there was both the black/silver and the "red" (that looks burnt orange to me).

Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:55 am

In Oz they are trying to sell them at circa $16,000 AUD being USD11,500-Bastards.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:55 am

Bought a silver one from Reno Saturday. They're bringing it to the house tomorrow or Thursday. Traded my V7III Carbon Shine which I really liked but after the GRiSO test ride I realized I was missing the torque & aceleration. Yes, high fees but negotiate concessions elswhere to help offset the high add-ons.
Back to top Go down
Kel
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Kel

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:40 am

Not replacing but looking to supplement GRiSO with something a little more cruiser like i.e. somewhat more upright in sitting position from the used market.
Appreciate input and thoughts on Stelvio versus Norge as next addition prior to testing each for fit.
Won't surprise me to hear that there is no similarity, that's OK, just considering the next addition for now.
I suspect not surprisingly to most of you, having now experienced the GRiSO torque I have to stay with the mark.

Cheers,
Kel.
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:13 pm

Audace? I think they could be considered a cruiser.
Back to top Go down
zebraranger
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
zebraranger

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:59 pm

[quote="
As for color, in the US, 2017, there was both the black/silver and the "red" (that looks burnt orange to me).  

[/quote]

Same here, burnt orange to me too, especially comparing it to a true red GRiSO.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:46 pm

That's not burnt orange.

This is burnt orange.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:27 pm

or even orange that was burnt...
Back to top Go down
usedtobefast
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
usedtobefast

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:02 am

I'm assuming that orange is some Australian thing I just don't get.  Smile  

Maybe ...

Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:46 am

Actually its pretty universal.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:53 pm

No, oranges is oranges, flavour may vary though...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: time to replace GRiSO   time to replace GRiSO Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

time to replace GRiSO
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next