GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

TWM Fuel Cap GRiSO

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

TWM Fuel Cap GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: TWM Fuel Cap GRiSO   TWM Fuel Cap GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:23 am

I've grown accustomed to these caps on my other bikes over the years, and was somewhat disappointed to see that I couldn't find one for the GRiSO. That is, until I noticed that the cap assembly and base gasket appeared nearly identical to many Aprilia (and some Ducati) models. bounce

Indeed, it fits flawlessly. These reuse the OEM base section of the cap assembly, leaving tank breathing (and the cap's internal "rollover" valve) unmolested.

Part numbers TAPR.02 (Aprilia) and TDPR.06 (Ducati) are identical, therefore work interchangeably.

One caveat: Lightech apparently produced a cap for the GRiSO at one time, but the 6-hole bolt pattern is different from my '17 GRiSO (5-hole). It seems possible that early bikes used a different cap. (Presumably, Lightech caps intended for the above applications also fit the late GRiSO. The lightech caps replace the entire assembly--no idea if the rollover valve is present in them or not, so I went with TWM.)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

TWM Fuel Cap GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWM Fuel Cap GRiSO   TWM Fuel Cap GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:04 pm

Tres, tres Bon!
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

TWM Fuel Cap GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWM Fuel Cap GRiSO   TWM Fuel Cap GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:55 pm

Just had a look at the website, and then a yootoob of a guy fitting one.
It does look the business, although I'd loose that tiny unattached cap within a week Embarassed and now the undesirables can nick your fuel...
mind you, gas is cheap in the states (not as cheap as it was I'll grant) compared to here, so not an issue i guess.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

TWM Fuel Cap GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWM Fuel Cap GRiSO   TWM Fuel Cap GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:55 am

bahamazoo wrote:
It does look the business, although I'd loose that tiny unattached cap within a week  Embarassed and now the undesirables can nick your fuel...
mind you, gas is cheap in the states (not as cheap as it was I'll grant) compared to here, so not an issue i guess.

I like it, too, but agree on my ability somehow to lose or drop and damage the beauty quickly.

As for "nicking" fuel, does that really happen to motorcycles there or is there not more payoff and less risk in selecting cars with their much bigger tanks?

Bill

Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

TWM Fuel Cap GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWM Fuel Cap GRiSO   TWM Fuel Cap GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:16 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:
bahamazoo wrote:
It does look the business, although I'd loose that tiny unattached cap within a week  Embarassed and now the undesirables can nick your fuel...

I like it, too, but agree on my ability somehow to lose or drop and damage the beauty quickly.

As for "nicking" fuel, does that really happen to motorcycles there or is there not more payoff and less risk in selecting cars with their much bigger tanks?

Bill

Tried to siphon from my 36 gallon vehicle tank for my generator and discovered new vehicles have an anti-siphon device..
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

TWM Fuel Cap GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWM Fuel Cap GRiSO   TWM Fuel Cap GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:43 pm

which is why bikes are easy!

but yes, agree with you Mr Hagan, is the reward worth the risk???

stoopid people often don't posses such cognitive reasoning I believe...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TWM Fuel Cap GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWM Fuel Cap GRiSO   TWM Fuel Cap GRiSO Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

TWM Fuel Cap GRiSO
Page 1 of 1