GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Valve cover for clearance service

Go down 
+7
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
Pete Roper
bahamazoo
Guzzi Cat
kiwi dave
McCarthy1983
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Valve cover for clearance service - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve cover for clearance service   Valve cover for clearance service - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:32 pm

That's good news Son! Now ride the piss out of it! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DangWangi
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
DangWangi

PostSubject: Re: Valve cover for clearance service   Valve cover for clearance service - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:39 pm

bahamazoo wrote:
and replace those play-doh bolts when you get them out with some decent ones.

Any recommendations on "decent" bolts?  I'm about to embark on my first valve adjustment and was thinking perhaps I too should upgrade with some better quality ones while at it?
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Valve cover for clearance service   Valve cover for clearance service - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:44 am

it's mainly a cosmetics decision (I went for red CNC alloy ones) as you can play-doh any quality of bolt.............just make sure condition of mushroom rubber bungs underneath, best quality allen key (in socket ideally), and just lightly tighten them (max 8nm) as it's just to squish the rubber seal a little bit.
Back to top Go down
PilotJet
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PilotJet

PostSubject: Re: Valve cover for clearance service   Valve cover for clearance service - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:55 pm

I got a set of stainless steel valve cover bolts from this guy in the UK. Nice Guy!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
DangWangi
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
DangWangi

PostSubject: Re: Valve cover for clearance service   Valve cover for clearance service - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:40 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I've got the socket hex-key and have new "mushroom" bungs on the way just in case I need them, but now have to find some good (likely red) bolt-bling. Thanks all for the tips and suggestions!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Valve cover for clearance service   Valve cover for clearance service - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:51 pm

DangWangi wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions. I've got the socket hex-key and have new "mushroom" bungs on the way just in case I need them, but now have to find some good (likely red) bolt-bling. Thanks all for the tips and suggestions!

You are aware there are two types of tampons, (What you are referring to an 'Mushroom Bungs' I believe?). You need the later type part#879975.

Pete
Back to top Go down
DangWangi
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
DangWangi

PostSubject: Re: Valve cover for clearance service   Valve cover for clearance service - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:45 pm

@Pete-
I was not aware of that Pete so thank you for pointing that out. Thankfully after I wrote the above message, I was side attacked by an ankle-biting psychotic cat that my wife seems to think is "just so cute" and forgot to go back and "buy" the parts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valve cover for clearance service   Valve cover for clearance service - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Valve cover for clearance service
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2