GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Which Roller Kit? No O-Ring Groove + Punch Mark

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Juan1
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Juan1

Which Roller Kit?  No O-Ring Groove + Punch Mark Empty
PostSubject: Which Roller Kit? No O-Ring Groove + Punch Mark   Which Roller Kit?  No O-Ring Groove + Punch Mark Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:57 pm

A new-to-me, unrollerized GRiSO is currently in my garage.  I'm trying to figure out which roller kit I need, but I'm a bit confused.  On the AF1 website the flow chart goes:

O-ring groove on the inside of the valve cover?
Yes -> Kit A
No -> Continue to the next question
Is there a punch mark on the inward facing exterior of the head?
No -> Kit C " This Kit can only be used on bikes that DO NOT have a punch mark on the cylinder head"
Yes -> Kit B

Then Kit B says "For '09-'10 Moto Guzzi Stelvio with Early Type Valve Cover* and Punch Marked Head**"

At the same time, a printout on the Guzzitech forums suggests that the GRiSO either takes kit A or kit C.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Which Roller Kit? No O-Ring Groove + Punch Mark   Which Roller Kit?  No O-Ring Groove + Punch Mark Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:07 pm

What year is it? This will help. Also does it have a circular gasket of the same crossection as the main rocker cover gasket around the hole in the rocker cover?

Basically if it is a pre late 2011 it will need either a 'B' kit if it has the drill mark or a 'C' kit if it doesn't. If it's a 2011/12 and it has the gasket mentioned above it will need an 'A' kit.

Can you post up a pic of the inside of the rocker cover?

Pete
Back to top Go down
Juan1
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Juan1

PostSubject: Re: Which Roller Kit? No O-Ring Groove + Punch Mark   Which Roller Kit?  No O-Ring Groove + Punch Mark Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:56 am

The bike is a 2011 (B code) that left the showroom floor in December of 2010.  Everything points to kit B being required, though I didn't know Grisos ever used the B kit.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Which Roller Kit? No O-Ring Groove + Punch Mark   Which Roller Kit?  No O-Ring Groove + Punch Mark Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:37 am

Yup. 'B' kit. I note that in the US all the kits cost the same which is a bit weird, (Going from AF1's price list.). $1,226 seems to be the price for A, B & C kits which is a bit odd.

Two Lamers price on a 'B' kit is €668 which translates to $745US which translates to a respectable saving.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Juan1
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Juan1

PostSubject: Re: Which Roller Kit? No O-Ring Groove + Punch Mark   Which Roller Kit?  No O-Ring Groove + Punch Mark Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:24 pm

Thank you Pete. Wish I could buy you a beer.

Dave
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Which Roller Kit? No O-Ring Groove + Punch Mark   Which Roller Kit?  No O-Ring Groove + Punch Mark Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:15 pm

This is what you want. Make sure that when you order you confirm you are in the US, (It's all in the website but I have an account so I can't remember the exact procedure.) otherwise you'll get hit with the European VAT or whatever they call it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Your price should show up as €668.36. Thumbs Up

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Roller Kit? No O-Ring Groove + Punch Mark   Which Roller Kit?  No O-Ring Groove + Punch Mark Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Which Roller Kit? No O-Ring Groove + Punch Mark
Page 1 of 1