GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait

Go down 
+17
Rushjob
BB43215
wyno
wardentm
beetle
cbxtc6
Dave R
cognosticator
Pete Roper
Richard
Leone
sideshowbob
Street
GHTE
Nobleswood
usedtobefast
Dave Swanson
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2019 5:31 pm

I found what I believe to be a very nice 2016 that has had one very particular owner.  It only has 1400 miles.  The original owner has already done a few mods that I would do.  The price was quite reasonable in my opinion.   I will immediately do a proper tune up according to the Roper tutorial and install a Beetle map upon delivery.   My Norge has had the benefit of having the tune up and Beetle map since new and it made a wondrous change to its behavior.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
usedtobefast
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
usedtobefast

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2019 5:59 pm

Nice find!

You flying down and riding it back? Smile
Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2019 6:03 pm

usedtobefast wrote:
Nice find!

You flying down and riding it back?  Smile

It is a 12 hour drive from my place and would be a miserable flog on the interstates to get home.  Plus I do not plan on riding it much at all until I can do a proper Roper tune, and Beetle map.   I am looking into UShip.  Although I have a proper transport vehicle the cost is less than gas and eats for me to do it myself.
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2019 6:04 pm

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2019 6:19 pm

Looks just stunning.
Put on a fender extender, CARC guard, a small screen and heated grips and ride ride ride.

bhattman likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2019 6:47 pm

That's a beauty (aren't they all?)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2019 6:54 pm

Ya done good. One of the fast red ones.
Back to top Go down
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2019 10:25 pm

Lovely bike, congrats! Thumbs Up I installed the same exhaust and flashed the beetle map with only a few miles on my '17. Not only does it run flawlessly, the sound is fantastic! (And not too loud sans dbk, IMHO...)
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2019 10:40 pm

Superbe. Congratulations Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2019 11:37 pm

Leone wrote:
Lovely bike, congrats! Thumbs Up I installed the same exhaust and flashed the beetle map with only a few miles on my '17. Not only does it run flawlessly, the sound is fantastic! (And not too loud sans dbk, IMHO...)

Good to know that it's not too loud sans the dbk. I am dithering about deciding which version of the map I should buy
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2019 11:54 pm

They will always run better with a dB killer in.
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Fri May 17, 2019 1:32 am

Pete Roper wrote:

Can you elaborate on run better?

I have ridden 8k miles without the db killer in my GPR and upon reading your post about it I have put it back in and this morning I am heading out on a 700 mile weekend. Wondering if I will "see" a difference.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Fri May 17, 2019 5:20 am

cognosticator wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:

Can you elaborate on run better?

I have ridden 8k miles without the db killer in my GPR and upon reading your post about it I have put it back in and this morning I am heading out on a 700 mile weekend. Wondering if I will  "see"  a difference.

Thanks

There are 2 maps also.  db killer in and one for db killer out.
Back to top Go down
Dave R
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave R

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Fri May 17, 2019 6:47 am

Nice one - looks great with that pipe
Back to top Go down
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Fri May 17, 2019 8:03 am

Pete Roper wrote:

Hi Pete,

I had read somewhere that (assuming mapping to suit) removing the dbk will yield a bit more peak power at the upper RPM range, but at the expense of bottom-end and midrange? Is this true in your experience?

Back to top Go down
cbxtc6
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
cbxtc6

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Fri May 17, 2019 8:06 am

Hi Dave,
We'll have to get together for a ride once you get her. I can help you with the mapping if you want/need. I tried a few of Beetle's maps, I would suggest the Mistral hi-pipe map! Very Happy
Only 1hr South of you - you know, where some of Illinois finest twisties are haha.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Fri May 17, 2019 3:19 pm

Leone wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:

Hi Pete,

I had read somewhere that (assuming mapping to suit) removing the dbk will yield a bit more peak power at the upper RPM range, but at the expense of bottom-end and midrange? Is this true in your experience?

Yes. Removing the 'Pretzel' in the exhaust will exacerbate the issue further as well.
Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Update   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Fri May 17, 2019 7:26 pm

I am making the 24 hour round trip drive this weekend to pick up the GRiSO in the Atlanta, GA area.   It will be in my garage Sunday evening!
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Fri May 17, 2019 8:59 pm

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Sat May 18, 2019 4:50 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Leone wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:

Hi Pete,

Yes. Removing the 'Pretzel' in the exhaust will exacerbate the issue further as well.

Fascinating, I'll have to try the +dBk map one of these days soon. Runs un-f@#king believably good as it is now. affraid

@Dave Swanson

Good luck bud, it will be worth the hassle!

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Sat May 18, 2019 4:55 pm

The big difference between the Mistral dBk and NodBk maps is that the NodBk map moves the peak torque further up the rev range.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: The Wait Is Over!   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Sun May 19, 2019 11:28 am

Made it home!  1600 miles in about 28 hours!  More to follow.  I am beat.  The GRiSO is amazing!  It rained buckets on the way back, but the GRiSO was snug as a bug in a rug.  

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Sun May 19, 2019 5:18 pm

Woohoo! cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Beetle Map - done   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Mon May 20, 2019 3:18 am

I uploaded my map from Beetle and adjusted the valves, .004 and .006.  Reset the TPS, and learning parameters and took it for a spin.  WOW!!!  This thing romps!!

Last edited by Dave Swanson on Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1Mon May 20, 2019 5:13 am

The Mistral Hi-Pipe map is the most highly developed and refined map he's done simply because that's what he has/had on his bike. It's also the set up I have on my great snot coloured lozenge and it really is a lovely, lovely thing!

If you want to be a noisy moron there is also a 'No dB killer' map for this pipe but strangely enough neither Mark or I used it and although I periodically load that map up and pull out the dBk it never stays out, (The dBk!) or in, (The map.) for more than one afternoon. Quite simply the dB killer *In* format is a lot more pleasant to ride!

As far as I know Mark still keeps the dBk in even on the 1400. The outright power gains without it are negligible and you loose the stupid big torque at the bottom, especially on the 1400!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next