GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait

Go down 
+17
Rushjob
BB43215
wyno
wardentm
beetle
cbxtc6
Dave R
cognosticator
Pete Roper
Richard
Leone
sideshowbob
Street
GHTE
Nobleswood
usedtobefast
Dave Swanson
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon May 20, 2019 5:39 am

Thanks Pete!  I feel even more lucky that the original owner chose the Mistral high pipe now! That would have been my choice also if it still had the stock can on it. Nice savings there!

And the dbk is staying in!

One of the things I was most worried about was if his mechanic had adjusted the sacred screw during its first service.  I was relieved to see it wasn't touched.  

Tonight I will check throttle body balance and call it good. I am quickly learning to love this bike.  The motor is so strong!

The only thing I am changing for now is a smaller set of LED blinkers.  The stock set almost  touches the end can.  I can't have that! 😎
Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon May 20, 2019 3:16 pm

The original owner does club racing and track days.  He used to have a V11 that he really liked.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is Douglas saying goodbye to the GRiSO.

Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon May 20, 2019 8:02 pm

I balanced the throttle bodies tonight per Pete's old tutorial. The were a bit off at 4k and idle. After this exercise I took it for another ride. The slight raggedyness I noticed last night is gone. It is even sweeter now!
Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 22, 2019 3:32 pm

Had the chance to take a couple of decent pictures.

Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 22, 2019 4:28 pm

G'day Dave
Greetings from Tasmania.
Lovely photos - thank for posting them .....
Stay safe
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 22, 2019 5:05 pm

Nice pics and I love that colour.
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 22, 2019 5:25 pm

Very pretty bike. All the best with her.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
BB43215
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BB43215

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2019 8:07 am

congrats! now get out and enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
https://columbuscraftcocktailtour.com
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat May 25, 2019 7:06 pm

What an amazing motorcycle! Now that it is in such a great state of tune thanks to Mark's map, and a good throttle body balance it has been transformed into an absolute marvel of an engine!

One of the reasons I got a GRiSO over a couple other bikes I was considering was knowing how good the Beetle maps are, having prior experience with them on my Norge and V7.

I am am also happy to find out that my torso is quite happy with the riding position.
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat May 25, 2019 8:51 pm

Now I'm confused. What should my valves be at with the oem exhaust & beetle map? Thks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat May 25, 2019 9:00 pm

.004 I .006 E regardless of pipe.
Back to top Go down
Litre1000
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Litre1000

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 26, 2019 6:28 am

Look what just showed up at the local dealer. Maybe I can get my first Guzzi test ride...if it ever stops raining![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Litre1000
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Litre1000

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 26, 2019 6:40 am

But I think I’d rather have this. Only problem is, the bidding crowd will be large and well-funded![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 26, 2019 6:52 am

IMO you would be happier with the GRiSO.  The 1100 Sport is cool though!

If Windy City had that GRiSO a couple of weeks ago I might have saved myself a trip to Atlanta!  Assuming they would come down a bit.  I am sure if you walked in with 7k they would jump at it.

Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 26, 2019 9:15 am

Dave, I'm not a mechanic. What's the difference between your settings & the .1 1.5 I've seen posted?
Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 26, 2019 10:56 am

Rushjob wrote:
Dave, I'm not a mechanic. What's the difference between your settings & the   .1   1.5 I've seen posted?

One in the same. That is the metric equivalent, except you have a decimal point off on the 1.5. Should be .15

.1mm = .004 inch   .004 is commonly called 4 thousandths of an inch.  Intake valve clearance
.15mm = .006 inch  .006 is commonly called 6 thousandths of an inch. Exhaust valve clearance

Beetle maps are designed to run with these valve clearances
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 26, 2019 12:16 pm

Thank you Dave for explaining & not laughing. I feel better🤙
Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 26, 2019 2:47 pm

I was able to get my GRiSO out in it's element today! What a great road burner!

Back to top Go down
Litre1000
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Litre1000

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 26, 2019 2:55 pm

You’re probably correct Dave. The GRiSO has more performance, and runs! That 1100 Sport hasn’t run in years they claim. If I bought it, just my luck the rods would be knocking!
Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 26, 2019 3:05 pm

Litre1000 wrote:
You’re probably correct Dave. The GRiSO has more performance, and runs! That 1100 Sport hasn’t run in years they claim. If I bought it, just my luck the rods would be knocking!

And that position may not be to your liking. I do like it though! Maybe hold out for a Daytona! I know where there is one in the crate! Smile

Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 26, 2019 3:05 pm

Another shot from today.

Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 26, 2019 7:27 pm

Those sports are ball crushers, but sure pleasing on the eye. Real nice one over here, trying to talk myself off the ledge.
Back to top Go down
Litre1000
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Litre1000

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon May 27, 2019 6:28 am

Of course the Daytona ,in red ,is the bike I’d really like to have. So hard to find. I actually was gonna purchase that silver 1100 Dr Guzzi was offering. I drove 2 hours to go inspect it. Long story short, Medic Andy somehow got it instead. Oh well...
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon May 27, 2019 9:37 pm

Medic Andy doesn't need any more.
Back to top Go down
Griso Lad
Carlotto
Carlotto
Griso Lad

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 28, 2019 2:55 am

Sweet looking bike.The bar end mirrors look great.👍🏼
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next