GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait

Go down 
+17
Rushjob
BB43215
wyno
wardentm
beetle
cbxtc6
Dave R
cognosticator
Pete Roper
Richard
Leone
sideshowbob
Street
GHTE
Nobleswood
usedtobefast
Dave Swanson
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
dynajohn
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
dynajohn

GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:34 am

Always loved the looks of the GRiSO and seriously considered buying a new one four years ago but no dealer within 150 miles and some problems killed the deal. Have not been here for some time but the GRiSO is still a lively bike. Have to poke around and see what has changed in four years.
Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:02 am

John, I passed through your part of the country on my way to Atlanta to pick mine up 2 weeks ago. I say do it!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:12 am

Cadre Cycle in Cincy has a fine rep.: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bill
Back to top Go down
dynajohn
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
dynajohn

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:18 am

Rockford Ill is or was the home of Barber Coleman Co my old employer. Worked for the Temp controls division for over 25 years. Will check into the Cincinnati dealer.

I take it there are more tuning options for the ECU now than 5 years ago. At that time all I could find was a dual DynoJet setup that was stone age compared to re-configuring the ECU tune. Frankly I was looking for more performance than was reasonably & reliably available in the GRiSO aftermarket at that time. I finally settled on a 2016 Triumph 1200 Thruxton R. Very light and responded very well to what for me were minor performance modifications. Never forgot the GRiSO though, they are even rarer around here than my Thruxton R. A few years older now so my performance expectations have mellowed SOMEWHAT. Pillage!
Back to top Go down
dynajohn
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
dynajohn

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:42 am

Another quick post. Did Guzzi discontinue the GRiSO after the 2017 model year. Found a bunch of new 2017 models listed for $7,995 here in the US, with no GRiSO model listed on the Cincy dealer website.

2nd question did Guzzi fix the valve gear problem, lifters as I remember, and if so after what model year???
Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:22 am

dynajohn wrote:
Another quick post. Did Guzzi discontinue the GRiSO after the 2017 model year. Found a bunch of new 2017 models listed for $7,995 here in the US, with no GRiSO model listed on the Cincy dealer website.

2nd question did Guzzi fix the valve gear problem, lifters as I remember, and if so after what model year???

John,  2017 was the last year for the GRiSO.   Mid 2012 is when the top end received the "rollerized" mod.  It cured all the reliability, and longevity ills related to the valve train.    Owners of the older (pre mid 2012) machines are still doing the roller conversions.  The subject comes up on the Ghetto regularly.

As far as mapping, you are blessed to live in an era of the Beetle map!  The best thing that has happened to the GRiSO since rollerization!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
dynajohn
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
dynajohn

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:25 am

Thanks for the information Dave
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:08 am

There's still 2or 3 in Eurosports Reno with about $1600 additional fees. Still, a lot of bike for the $
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait   GRiSO Deal Done.  Now The Wait - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO Deal Done. Now The Wait
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3