GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring

Go down 
+5
Rushjob
hirnkrampf
Richard
janguzzi
DeepSpace
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring Empty
PostSubject: SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring   SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring Icon_minitime1Sat May 18, 2019 4:05 pm

So i got myself an SW-Motech tankbag (the daypack). I figured you guys may one day also want a tankbag so i figured that i might as well make some pics and post the result. This tank bag system uses a ring to which you mount it. In this case the Evo Lock Ring. They also ahve an electric version, but i didn't want that. The ring is a little more expensive than rings for other bikes, 60 euro's it was, while other are usually between 15 and 30ish. Note that the ring can be used in all their tank bags. With the bag you get a baseplate which can fit on the ring. The base plate you need to fit to your bike. Super simple, you even get a plate with the holes you need to drill Smile

The ring you need is: TRT.00.640.30001/B

Note that your supplier may note that this is for a Ducati/Morini but it also fit our bike. Guess they use the same fuel cap system.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Getting the pin out took me some time, but if it goes difficult i suggest you use a lighter to heat up the alu part in which the pins are seated. I didn't take out the pins fully, i just moved them inwards. The long pins comes with the ring and is to be used as your tool. Hammer not included Razz Oh and please use a piece of cloth or plastic to prevent your bolts dropping in the tank Smile The instructions are super clear and easy to understand Smile

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring   SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring Icon_minitime1Sat May 18, 2019 4:07 pm

Next thing was putting it all back together.

Note that they advice to use locktite to hold the nuts in place. i didn't do that. its all plastic and you will never get them loose again.

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring   SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring Icon_minitime1Sat May 18, 2019 4:12 pm

The next part is the bag. As mentioned, you need to custom fit your bag. This means drilling holes in your bag.

So first you place it where you want it to sit.

Make sure it stays clear of the steering in full lock and also check if your key can be removed without moving the bag.

Then one thing you have to take into about is the plastic rivets on the bag. You cannot drill through them ofcourse.

Drilling is easy, but make sure you have something underneath the bag (or inside even). The drill comes with the bag. Very nice of them. 4 bolts mount your bag on the part that clicks on the ring.

Last edited by DeepSpace on Sat May 18, 2019 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring   SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring Icon_minitime1Sat May 18, 2019 4:14 pm

And then you have a tank bag which doesn't touch the tank Smile

Hope this was usefull for you guys Smile

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring   SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring Icon_minitime1Sat May 18, 2019 9:59 pm

I already made a slideshow ;-)

Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring   SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring Icon_minitime1Sat May 18, 2019 10:50 pm

haha, nice!

how is that lockpin, does it work?
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring   SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring Icon_minitime1Sat May 18, 2019 10:53 pm

Yes it does, really a clever idea.
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring   SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring Icon_minitime1Sat May 18, 2019 11:06 pm

hmm, maybe i should buy it too then Smile
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring   SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring Icon_minitime1Sat May 18, 2019 11:30 pm

Or just take the bag with you.
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring   SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring Icon_minitime1Sun May 19, 2019 10:07 am

Thanks for that. Well done guys Thumbs Up

SW Motech accessories are top quality and not cheap. The idea to drill a brand new bag is something I would consider twice before doing it Wink

But I have two left hand Ooh La La
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring   SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring Icon_minitime1Sun May 19, 2019 10:23 am

janguzzi wrote:
Or just take the bag with you.

yeah i'm not so sure i would like to leave it on the bike. i got it to put my phone, wallet and sunnyglasses inside.

Do you have experience with the mapholder they have?
Back to top Go down
hirnkrampf
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
hirnkrampf

PostSubject: Re: SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring   SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:48 pm

Thx for the slideshow. The bag looks ok, seems not too bulky. Do you know if you can squeeze a 15” laptop in there?

Thx
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring   SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:44 pm

Quote :
Do you have experience with the mapholder they have?
=> No

Quote :
Do you know if you can squeeze a 15” laptop in there?
=> I don´t think so.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring   SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:00 am

Nice looking bag but after comparing Motechs system I went with Onur's polished ring on my silver '17 & 2 dif Givi bags that have an adjustable plat underneath that requires no drilling & don't touch the tank.
Personal choice. Bothe will do the job🤙😃
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring   SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:15 pm

This gives me an idea for an idle tailbag, and a GIVI Easy Lock Flange...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Donzo
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Donzo

PostSubject: Re: SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring   SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:17 am

Hi DeepSpace and others,

Thanks for the detailed tank bag post. I’m looking at the same setup for my GRiSO. Some questions if I may:

1. Has daypack turned out to be a decent size for holding small items?
2. Do you wish you had the smaller or larger tank bag?
3. Has the Evo ring successfully kept the tank from being scratched?
4. How is your overall satisfaction?

Really appreciate if you can offer some feedback as I need to order a bag soon for a short trip I have planned!

Regards,

Donzo
Back to top Go down
zebraranger
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
zebraranger

PostSubject: Re: SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring   SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:30 am

Steak wrote:
This gives me an idea for an idle tailbag, and a GIVI Easy Lock Flange...

Steak, I did that with my Kawasaki. I mounted the ring to the rear rack for the Givi tank bag. Makes for a great quick release tail bag.

Erivera likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring   SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:23 pm

Zebranger, what bags are those on the GRiSO? Thks
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring   SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:07 pm

Donzo wrote:
Hi DeepSpace and others,

Thanks for the detailed tank bag post. I’m looking at the same setup for my GRiSO. Some questions if I may:

1. Has daypack turned out to be a decent size for holding small items?
2. Do you wish you had the smaller or larger tank bag?
3. Has the Evo ring successfully kept the tank from being scratched?
4. How is your overall satisfaction?

Really appreciate if you can offer some feedback as I need to order a bag soon for a short trip I have planned!

Regards,

Donzo

1: yes, sunglasses, waterbottle (0.5L), wallet, phone, sunblockbottle summergloves. and then you can also make it a little bigger.
2: No, this is fine for those items. If you want to put a sweater in there a larger one is needed for sure.
3. Yes Smile
4. I love it. its great. super handy. Ive also put their mapreader on top. fits well too.

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring   SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:29 am

SW Motech now make specific tank rings for each of the GRiSO models. They come in the EVO as shown by ‘DeepSpace’, and the later PRO @ UKp 51 direct from SW Motech.

The bags are now either early EVO models, or the latest PRO models. Important to note that the rings and bags are not interchangeable.

The PRO Daypack Bag is expandable 5-8L @ UKp 115. This is similar to the EVO Daypack Bag. The new mounting system doesn’t require drilling, and can be easily changed between bikes, without unwanted drill holes.

I weighed up my options, and IMHO SWM are better quality to Givi, and the prices work out in SWM’s favour 😮  My PRO ring & bag are en route 👍
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring   SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

SW-Motech tank bag and evo lock ring
Page 1 of 1