GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Service Indicator

Go down 
+2
beetle
BBB888
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BBB888
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BBB888

Service Indicator - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Indicator   Service Indicator - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 28, 2019 4:10 am

See shots of tacho at tickover - clutch lever in (disengaged) and clutch lever out. And a shot of the speedo sensor - bit of road grime included but had a 300 mile round trip over the weekend. All now seems to be working well.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Service Indicator   Service Indicator - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 28, 2019 4:16 am

If that's all the idle rise you're getting that's normal. Nobody knows why they built it into the map. Probably a mistake.

What worries me more is the talk of gear changes where the engine speed doesn't appear to drop. That's a problem.

As has been explained the speedo sensor is a simple Hall effect device. Ordinary road grime won't affect it. Water intrusion will. Next time it happens, and it will, either replace it or at least seal it.

Pete
Back to top Go down
BBB888
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BBB888

PostSubject: Re: Service Indicator   Service Indicator - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 28, 2019 4:31 am

Thanks Pete.
I'm not sure what happens under hard full acceleration, but as I take the next gear and having closed the throttle and then release the clutch (which i don't just let go of, but feed it out whilst feeding in throttle) the power take up is abrupt. I need to do more of it and really concentrate on whats happening (rather than focus on the road ahead as I am usually travelling quite fast at this point!). It might be that she's slow to come off the throttle/fuel, despite my right hand closing the throttle. Bike is all standard and hasn't had any mapping or tuning, just a Termig pipe.
I'm not expecting a reaction like a 600 4 cyl with 150cc pistons, but it does seem to 'run on'. Ill do some testing and report back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Service Indicator   Service Indicator - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Service Indicator
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2