GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017

Go down 
+4
MGrider
beetle
marcdavo
Bishop
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bishop
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bishop

Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017   Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:41 pm

Folks,

Sorry to beat this horse carcass any more than necessary but I'd like to hear from any of you who have the Knight Design lowering pegs on a 2016 or 17 GRiSO.

After wearing down the search button here and elsewhere, All the peg posts mention Knight's installed on earlier models. I've come up with just one post from someone who had to return a set to Knights because it didn't fit their 2016. He didn't mention the extent of its failure to fit.

You would think the GRiSO frame would not have altered through its production run.
Before I gave up on Knights I wrote them to see why their online catalog only mentions 07-15. I quickly received this nice reply from a Mr. Knight-

So we currently do not make pegs that will fit a  2017 Moto Guzzi GRiSO and it is never one size fits all. The frame may not have changed but that doesn’t mean the mount hasn’t changed. Mounts change on all bikes all the time. So we have to constantly tweak our design to fit with theirs. I’m sure we will at some point get a hold of this mount and get something designed to fit. I hope this sheds a little light on the subject.

I had pegs off a Buell Ulysses on my 2007 that lowered the foot about 3/4". But they were thin and round. Love the flatness of the Knights but if there's a problem with fitment for my soon to arrive 2017, I'll pop for the SlingShot's From AF1. Dont want to spend more than $125

Grazie!
graht-zee-eh
Back to top Go down
marcdavo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
marcdavo

PostSubject: Re: Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017   Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:09 pm

Hi Bishop.
I have a 2017 plated GRiSO. Fitted the Knight lowered pegs. No problems. What didn't fit were the longer toe pieces for the brake and gear levers. I think from memory the cam part of the toe pieces weren't quite long enough to fit the retaining circlip to them. Could have modified but didn't bother. Just got used to the relative new position.
Unless they've changed in the last 18 months, the pegs themselves fit.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]                                                                 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017   Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:22 pm

I don't get this. The part number for the side plates (or pork chop, if you will) has never changed. Ever. The footpeg part number changed before 2013.

So. If the side plate is the same (which has the mount cast directly onto it), then the footpegs should fit. If they don't, then Guzzi either changed the side plate and didn't update the number, or changed the way the mounting tabs are machined.

Either way, it suspect

Suspect

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Bishop
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bishop

PostSubject: Re: Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017   Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:40 pm

Thanks for the Photo's MarcDavo! It looks like the flat part is canted a bit forward as it probably should be, maybe the guy with the 2016 who returned them put each of them on the wrong side Arrow ?? Or he felt the cant was wrong?

As long as you didn't need a mallet or angle grinder, I'm good to go with the Knights. I'll respond to Mr. Knight and let him know there dosn't seem to be a problem.
Back to top Go down
marcdavo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
marcdavo

PostSubject: Re: Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017   Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:25 pm

Also, as far as I'm aware I don't think Guzzi manufactured any Grisos after 2015. Just re-plated them 2016-17-18 etc. So in theory the as Beetle says they should not have changed in any way....? scratch
Back to top Go down
marcdavo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
marcdavo

PostSubject: Re: Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017   Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:56 pm

Also also, Rolling Eyes  just a heads up re lower pegs, now your feet insteps are to the outside of the peg mounting lugs rather than on top of them, effectively meaning that in order to reach brake and gear levers you need to be slightly pigeon toed. Hence my thought to fit longer toe pieces.  I have gotten used to it now but every now and then I miss a lever because of that reason and once or twice it has caused my sphinxcter, sphingsta , bumhole to tighten up and relax and tighten up in rapid succession.  Shocked
How ever, for the most part it is not an problem for me.

I should maybe correct this issue by putting the inside of the levers to the bench grinder for half a second so that I can get the circlip to attach. Next rainy day maybe...

Just letting you know about it.
Back to top Go down
MGrider
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
MGrider

PostSubject: Re: Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017   Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:00 pm

To chime in, I have a '17 with the lowered knight pegs. They fit perfectly. As marcdavo mentioned they do push your feet outboard a bit and depending on your sneaker size, this may cause a bit of an ergo issue. My solution was to tap the tips with a M6 and add a gromet with a bolt. This added about 8mm and works well for me.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scagliog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
scagliog

PostSubject: Re: Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017   Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:11 am

I have some Knight Design for grabs ( send me a msg if interested for a reasonable price ). I tried them on my 2017 but they did not work for me with the toe pegs... I actually ended up changing the toe pegs with those:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Brake Pedal Shift Lever Toe Peg For MOTO GUZZI Breva GRiSO Norge Sport 1200/1100

Which the make the toe pegs a bit longer and they look really good ( and super easy to install )

Cheers
Giuseppe
Back to top Go down
Bishop
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bishop

PostSubject: Re: Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017   Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:48 pm

Thanks for all that guys,

I did purchase the pegs, installed them several days ago and oddly enough I bought the same toe pegs you got Giuseppe. The price cant be beat (Knights are pricey) and they did fit well with the added bonus of being a little longer than stock.

FYI everybody: On my 2007 GRiSO I had installed a set of  Buell Ulysses pegs that fit fine but only lowered the pegs about 3/4 inch. At 38 bucks though it was a cheap way to go rather than the Knights.
Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017   Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:01 am

just chiming in to say that I'm loving the 1inch lowered knight design pegs on my 2013 SE!
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017   Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:36 am

I have fitted the black Knight Design pegs to my 2015.
I think the company is missing a trick by not producing matching pillion pegs?
Surely there's a market there?
I emailed them the suggestion, but no reply....
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017   Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:47 am

If you look on the Bay of Fleas there are a multitude of 'Lower Peg/Peg Lowering' options out there.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017   Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Another Foot Peg Post! Knight Design on a 2017
Page 1 of 1