GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Adjustable foot pegs

Go down 
+11
GUZ21
MrBob
Hermanus
pauldaytona
Grisodude
Uzidzit
Grisonut
guzziownr
DungeonMaster
Steak
beetle
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Adjustable foot pegs Empty
PostSubject: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:46 pm

The originals made me feel like my knees were up around my ears, so I had installed Knight Design 1 inch lowered pegs plus the adjustable toe pegs. Due to issues with the KD pegs, I had to put the originals back on, and got that knees-up-around-my-ears feeling again.

I would like to lower them a small amount, maybe a half inch, so I'm thinking about either the MFW Vario pegs or the GSG units.

They look to be similar design and function. I'm looking for opinions from GRiSO owners who have used either.

Comments?
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:50 am

I just raised my ears an inch or so... What a Face

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:55 am

Steak wrote:
I just raised my ears an inch or so... What a Face

Before and after pics please.  Twisted Evil 

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:28 pm

I'm not happy unless my knees are up near my ears.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:17 pm

Hi Beetle, I have a set of the Knight design pegs as well as a set of G 1100 rubber faced pegs that I intend to try in place of the ally ones on my 8V. What was your issue with the Knight pegs?

Dave in NYC
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:37 pm

Beetle , sounds like you were in knee deep on that one.
I like to know what you're gonna come up next...I'm all ears. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:07 pm

guzziownr wrote:
What was your issue with the Knight pegs?

Scraping.

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:13 pm

I do not think you would dislike the vario. I have them on my black Devil in silver and they work very well (1" in my case)...The only thing is they will move your heel out about 1/2" not a big deal unless you have large feet like i do. A slightly longer brake lever stud would be helpful, the shift side is fine. I really think you can't go lower than about 1" without off setting the brake and shift lever lower as well. I have my pegs set back as much as down, and raised the rear of the bike just over an inch and have cornering clearance better than the stock pegs. Do not discount the seat as well my corbin is an inch higher than stock so between the 2 the GRiSO is comfortable for 600mi days.

I do not know how much they are, I had the dealer swap them onto my new bike from a used one he had in stock before I picked it up as a condition of sale...a bonus for both of us Smile 

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:23 pm

Thanks Uzidzit. I got used to the offset with the KD's and the stock toe pegs, and I was more than happy with the combo of 1 inch drop KD's and the Corbin. I had the KD lowered toe pegs on too, but they scraped in town!

I went back to the stock toe pegs. Now, if even a slow plod like me can scrape the 1 inch KD's, then a truly fast rider would be replacing the KD's every 3rd or 4th ride.

I've just got back from a 2 hour ride, and my knees were starting ache with the standard pegs. I reckon a half inch would be good. More room and less scrapy. I'm going to out the KD's back on until I can get the Vario's.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:58 am

beetle wrote:
guzziownr wrote:
What was your issue with the Knight pegs?

Scraping.  Very Happy 

Aha, I have scraped the edge of my enormous boots with the stock pegs so I went for a higher, flatter saddle first. The Knight pegs were used and cheap so an impulse buy.

I prefer rubber pegs so I will try them first. More Norge-like for the aging, sedentary GRiSO rider like myself.

DW
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:58 am

You can always try GRiSO 1100 pegs DW. They have rubber foodrests, a two-piece job.

Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:25 am

Steak wrote:
You can always try GRiSO 1100 pegs DW.  They have rubber foodrests, a two-piece job.

Got 'em, they are in a box next to the bike.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:30 am

DungeonMaster said
"I'm not happy unless my knees are up near my ears."

No Guzzi content

But I had a girl friend that said that.

Please delete if offensive steak. Very Happy 

harry

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:22 am

if the pegs are to high, you are to old for the bike :-) , start thinking Stelvio, what is a long legged GRiSO.

These are real adjustable pegs:

to see more pictures: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:00 pm

Hell YEAH!! that is a hot bike. I wanna Do That!! Yummmmm.
Grisodude - If you keep talking like that you are going to need to get on apriliaforum. Smile

DM

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:38 pm

That bike is far from being a GRiSO anymore, in my opinion, but it is purpose built for a use that I don't have a need for.

A big part of the GRiSO's appeal is its singular aesthetic not found in any other motorbike.  It cuts a fine figure, which becomes lost when kitted out as a racer.

But to Paul's point, those pegs certainly look like what the Beetle is searching for.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:07 am

Although I'm happy to do some modification to get what I want, I really don't want to have to buy expensive rearsets for another bike and then make them fit the GRiSO!

Right now, the Vario's seem to be the pick. However, I do have four pairs of KD's that I can slice & dice. I reckon I can take some meat of one pair to increase clearance.

cheers 

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:15 pm

on the subject, cam accross these:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:49 pm

pauldaytona wrote:
on the subject, cam accross these:

Jewelry!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:33 am

My MFW Vario pegs arrived yesterday. Very nicely machined. Shiny!

They have been adjusted for about a half-inch more leg room. Thats 13mm for the metric crowd.

The issue is that they add even more offset than the KD pegs! About 20mm. This meant an odd and not really comfortable foot angle to change gears and use rear brake. Fuck me, the things I do for more leg room.  

Fortunately the Aprilia engineers have made the little cammy toe pegs with a nice 5mm hole, 20mm deep. My bush engineer's brain went into gear, and I ran a 6mm tap through it.

I then added a 6mm threaded rod with a locknut.

And a 15mm extension.

Then using some 5/16 (7.9mm) air pipe...

..with the outer sheath and reinforcing removed, there is a nice black piece of hose with a pleasing textured finish.

A short stint in hot water and some soap for lube, you slip it on for the end result.

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Hermanus
Carlotto
Carlotto
Hermanus

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:50 am

Let's give this forgotten topic a bump:

Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:22 am

I got a set of adjustable rear pegs for the pillion from these guys a while ago, absolutely top quality and finish. These would also suit rider. Rotational 360 and vertical adjustment.

Back to top Go down
Hermanus
Carlotto
Carlotto
Hermanus

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:38 am

Looks like the same as mine..
Back to top Go down
GUZ21
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
GUZ21

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:35 pm

MrBob wrote:
I got a set of adjustable rear pegs for the pillion from these guys a while ago, absolutely top quality and finish. These would also suit rider. Rotational 360 and vertical adjustment.

Good score Bob. Been looking for similar for La Bella. I have already extended the footpeg bracket which was ludicrously high. Her indoors is still too cramped on longer runs.

I see they don't make one for a Bella, so I'll have to compare mine against a GRiSO or Breva.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:31 pm

Bump because I'm thinking of getting a footpeg lowering kit.

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Adjustable foot pegs
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next