GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand

Go down 
+19
The Dogfather
Weißgerät
king Rich
Dilliw
paulbrice
agriff
2 geese
GreggF
Papa Lazarou
Brent S
Street
MalG
beetle
bahamazoo
Pete Roper
GHTE
Oz1200Guzzi
kiwi dave
DeepSpace
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand   Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:14 am

I notice & get lot more vibration with the Termi; just not enough to make me change back to stock or alternatives
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand   Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:37 am

agriff wrote:
...soon forgot that one side is fatter than the other.

That's what she said!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand   Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:33 pm

I use the Grab ons on the EV but the same thing as Grip puppies. They slip over stock and you are only wasting $15 USD if they don't help. Good first step
Back to top Go down
king Rich
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
king Rich

PostSubject: Re: Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand   Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:17 am

DeepSpace wrote:

I love the GRiSO, but sometimes my throttle hand goes all pins and needles and after a days ride my clutch hand hurts when pulling the clutch. Now the last thing only happens when racing around in the mountains which will not happen here in holland, but the pins in needles in the right hand is common. It does seem to be less of a problem with my summer gloves and i'm sure some of my whiteknuckle riding doesn't help either Razz Some days its not there, other days it is.

I'm not looking for risers, the position is perfect. I'm just looking for possible solutions. i did do a search, but risers is just not an option. I'm too young for that stuff Razz Just kidding, but with my 1.82m the position on the bike is good and i can ride all day without any other issues Smile

So do you guys have any experience in other handle bars and or lever sets? Will heavier weights do anything?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I lessened the vibrations in mine,
I run a heavier bar end weights "throtlemaster" it also does "cruse control"
Back to top Go down
Weißgerät
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Weißgerät

PostSubject: Re: Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand   Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:49 am

I don't have problems with vibrations on the GRiSO, but the angle / width of the bars and the pull on the clutch.
Some useful tips to pursue in this thread, thanks!

PS I tried to get hold of this contraption that was suggested elsewhere on the Ghetto some years ago, but never got any reply from Boltacoracing. Anyone else have any experience with them?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
The Dogfather
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
The Dogfather

PostSubject: Re: Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand   Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:00 pm

I’ve had the issue occasionally, regardless of bike. Check you aren’t over tightening the wrist adjustment on your gloves, or that it relates to a particular fit of glove, possibly causing some restriction of blood flow.
Back to top Go down
tris1948
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
tris1948

PostSubject: Re: Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand   Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:21 pm

Weißgerät wrote:
I don't have problems with vibrations on the GRiSO, but the angle / width of the bars and the pull on the clutch.
Some useful tips to pursue in this thread, thanks!

PS I tried to get hold of this contraption that was suggested elsewhere on the Ghetto some years ago, but never got any reply from Boltacoracing. Anyone else have any experience with them?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good Spot   Thumbs Up

I don't have the P&N problem on my B11, but I have short fingers and find that to reach the clutch lever comfortably, I end up pulling it near the pivot point which results in a heavy clutch for me.

This might be a most excellent solution!

Cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
v-mannkiel
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
v-mannkiel

PostSubject: Re: Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand   Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:30 am

Hi - sounds like you need a Hand Surgeon (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome??)
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand   Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:58 am

Same here - carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands. First on the right hand and 10 years later on the left hand. You might also have numb fingers in the evening (thumb, forefinger and middle finger).
Try to get the surgery done in the winter - it is such a relief afterwards.
I tried a lot of things at that time on my V11... heavier bar end weights, different handle bars ... nothing really helped.
Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

PostSubject: Re: Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand   Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:32 am

You could try Breva 1100 bar end weights -- they're a lot heavier, and dirt cheap compared to aftermarket bar end weights.

I put some on my little vibrator, my Buccaneer 250, and they made a great difference. (I haven't put them on my GRiSO.)

Moto
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand   Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Pinnnnns and needles and a painful clutch hand
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2