GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist)

Go down 
+3
Steak
Merl3noir
Bill Hagan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist) Empty
PostSubject: Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist)   Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist) Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:07 am

Got this in an email from a moto-rag.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wishing him well, but not looking good.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bill

Back to top Go down
Merl3noir
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Merl3noir

PostSubject: Re: Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist)   Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist) Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:16 am

I have seen a few articles on his disappearance. The last one showing him on his pride and jpy, his Moto Guzzi GRiSO. Made me wonder if we is a member here. Hope he shows up alright.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist)   Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist) Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:03 pm

"I wanna be a bear"

Davey never posted here, but he's been a member since 2016, his username is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He hasn't signed in to read the forum, but who knows how often he's come to visit and bask in the pool of GRiSO fandom.

Hopes and prayers that his loved ones are relieved soon.  Fast flowing rivers are terribly dangerous, and us middle aged guys, while often more buoyant, are hardly the swimmers we once were...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist)   Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist) Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:20 pm

Sad story. I can't imagine much hope remains for his survival.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist)   Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist) Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:26 pm

I read about this on the Cycle World blog. Hope he's OK.
Back to top Go down
Merl3noir
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Merl3noir

PostSubject: Re: Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist)   Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist) Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:48 am

Sadly I just saw it reported that they found his body. Cause of death is reported as Accidental drowning.
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist)   Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist) Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:39 am

Sad  sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist)   Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist) Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:19 pm

I hadn't even heard of  Davey G. Johnson prior to reading about his disappearance, but man, I wish I had. What a great story teller he was. R.I.P. D.J.

"Long-distance riding is meditative, and I find I prefer it on a naked bike, wholly exposed to the elements. All the while, the world is benignly conspiring against you. Road imperfections, inattentive motorists, trucks shedding tire tread, rain, deer, snow, crosswinds, dehydration, hail, lightning. Sure, all might find a way to kill you in an automobile, but there’s no omnipresent specter hanging just outside your peripheral vision. There should be, but there isn’t. Which is how your “self driving” car broadsides an eighteen-wheeler at speed."

Check out the link below to read his six-part series in Car and Driver magazine entitled, Year of the Goose. GRiSO appears in Part 6.

From Car and Driver:
Year of the Goose is West Coast editor Davey G. Johnson’s dive into the two-wheeled world. Spending a year on a Moto Guzzi V7 Stone, he’s exploring life with a bike as a new rider, talking motorcycles and culture with figures large and small, and ultimately figuring out how riding can help you be faster in a car.

Clicky

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist)   Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist) Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:23 pm

Hate to hear this, but doesn't come as a surprise...

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
not-fishing
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
not-fishing

PostSubject: Re: Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist)   Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist) Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:59 am

Being in California I've fly fished the Moke' many times. The whole area is treacherous especially for those not experienced with fast deep water and scrambling steep bank sides.

The Mokelumne area is especially dangerous from the rose colored granite that polishes like glass along with the "trench" form of the river.

You will slip and fall along the shores in that area, the only question is how banged up you will be when you finally stop moving and if you make it all the way into the river survival without a good life vest is unlikely

Growing up in California, having friends drown in the rivers along with almost drowning myself has taught me where to go and where not to go when it comes to moving water.

I quit fly fishing the Pit and the Mokelumne because I just don't need a broke leg at my age. Old Fishing Guides who fly fish for Steelhead in Oregon tend to drown eventually because it's also matter of being Unlucky - once.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist)   Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Missing GRiSO Rider (& Moto-Journalist)
Page 1 of 1