GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO vs Norge Rider Comfort/Fit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
guzzied
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
guzzied

GRiSO vs Norge Rider Comfort/Fit Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO vs Norge Rider Comfort/Fit   GRiSO vs Norge Rider Comfort/Fit Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:15 pm

Hello GRiSO owners, I have been a lurker for many years and am still thinking of adding a GRiSO to my garage. I'm 64 years old and had to sell my 2003 Rosso Corsa last year because I just couldn't ride it anymore. Low bars, high peg height killed my wrist and knees after a few miles. I own a 2014 Norge and it seems to work for me except perhaps the foot peg height on long journeys. The things I don't like about the Norge is that it is very top heavy, it weights like 550 lbs. but it seems like it's 700 lbs. scratch So, I know many GRiSO owners put lower pegs on their bikes but how is the bar height?  Just thinking of something sportier than the Norge but not as sporty as the Rosso Corsa.  I do love the 1200 8 valve motor!

Thanks, Mike

Last edited by guzzied on Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Patlikestolean
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Patlikestolean

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO vs Norge Rider Comfort/Fit   GRiSO vs Norge Rider Comfort/Fit Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:54 pm

Check out Motorcycle ergomomics simulator
With my 6 foot height it looks like the GRiSO splits the difference between the Norge and the Le Mans as far as forward lean. Knee bend is pretty close for all 3
Back to top Go down
bhattman
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
bhattman

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO vs Norge Rider Comfort/Fit   GRiSO vs Norge Rider Comfort/Fit Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:00 pm

I have a Breva 1100 and GRiSO 8V. The Breva seems like a couch and comfy. The GRiSO feels a bit cramped and I do get some numbing in my leg. I am only 5’9 and may need to get the legs lowered or just get used to it.
Back to top Go down
guzzied
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
guzzied

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO vs Norge Rider Comfort/Fit   GRiSO vs Norge Rider Comfort/Fit Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:39 am

Patlikestolean wrote:
Check out Motorcycle ergomomics simulator
With my 6 foot height it looks like the GRiSO splits the difference between the Norge and the Le Mans as far as forward lean. Knee bend is pretty close for all 3

Thank you, the cycle-ergo site is fantastic, I never knew there was a site out there that you could compare so may bikes!
Back to top Go down
BrandX
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
BrandX

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO vs Norge Rider Comfort/Fit   GRiSO vs Norge Rider Comfort/Fit Icon_minitime1Sat May 01, 2021 8:06 am

bhattman wrote:
I have a Breva 1100 and GRiSO 8V. The Breva seems like a couch and comfy. The GRiSO feels a bit cramped and I do get some numbing in my leg. I am only 5’9 and may need to get the legs lowered or just get used to it.

First thing I did was take the 1-3/8 inch Knight pegs my 2 gen Tuono, and installed them on my Breva 1100.. I also have the Lowered Toe Peg for Foot Levers, that work well with them.The pegs do move back a bit too..My Breva feels like my Touno with a good seat on it.. Although it it does take a bit more effort to get it to turn.. Very Happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
guzzied
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
guzzied

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO vs Norge Rider Comfort/Fit   GRiSO vs Norge Rider Comfort/Fit Icon_minitime1Sat May 01, 2021 8:46 am

Those are some nice footpegs! Thinking that's what my Norge needs to make all day rides more comfortable.
Back to top Go down
BrandX
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
BrandX

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO vs Norge Rider Comfort/Fit   GRiSO vs Norge Rider Comfort/Fit Icon_minitime1Sat May 01, 2021 9:23 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am glad kept them off my other bike..Full package is pretty spendy. I did one all day ride, and it's a nice layout for me.. The lower leverage on the brake pedal make the rear brake feel very nice. I am not sure if I would like any more power then it has.This bike rewards smoothness, and picking a good line.

I really like GRiSO's but the Norge's are really great bikes in their own right. Breva's are super underrated platforms too..

I sold my mint 09 1100 Monster to a old time Motorcycle Magazine writer. He bought a new Breva 1100 back in the day, He liked it but had some issues  Funny, I like the Breva a bit more then the nice running Duc..(His favorite all around bike)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO vs Norge Rider Comfort/Fit   GRiSO vs Norge Rider Comfort/Fit Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO vs Norge Rider Comfort/Fit
Page 1 of 1