GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Breather leaks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

Breather leaks Empty
PostSubject: Breather leaks   Breather leaks Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:25 pm

So I was fixing a couple of oil leaks on my GRiSO, one from the oil pressure switch - swap for new one, one from the inspection plate on the timing chain - replaced the o-ring and one from the breather cover on the left side barrel - replaced the o-ring.
In doing the last one, the o-ring originally had gasket goo all around it so I treated it with a new o-ring and de-goobed it. Thought that would be enough.
But after a decent ride noticed that it again was still leaking. Not from the pipe, still from the o-ring. damn..
So i did some measurements and thought maybe it's easier just to make a new cover plate and fix the issue.
Back to top Go down
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

Breather leaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breather leaks   Breather leaks Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Breather leaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breather leaks   Breather leaks Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:45 pm

Nice. I think the o-ring seal alone is a bit hit and miss in this location. I use a very thin smear of threebond on the mating face.
Back to top Go down
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

Breather leaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breather leaks   Breather leaks Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:18 pm

I was going to try the same and I reckon the oring moves too much in the cutout which is why i made my cutout fairly snug on the oring. I was thinking just to 3bond it too, but my worry was the plastic surface warping a little and not mating properly, but the aluminium shouldnt pose this issue. If you've done it, then mines probably overkill but I hate oil leaks and if I wanted them I'd ride a triumph. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Breather leaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breather leaks   Breather leaks Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:06 pm

Excellent work.

Cred given.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

Breather leaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breather leaks   Breather leaks Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Breather leaks
Page 1 of 1