GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Breather issue

Go down 
+2
lcjohnny
Rowlrat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rowlrat
Carlotto
Carlotto
Rowlrat

Breather issue  Empty
PostSubject: Breather issue    Breather issue  Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:41 am

After reading the breather disaster n roller cam issue I realise that incompetence isn’t just a U.K. thing. The amount of clowns who purport to be technicians must be a worldwide phenomenon. Think we in the U.K. have developed this to an art form.
       My question have a black devil GRiSO hardly used I assumed being a late model that it’s rollerized am I right in this assumption ?

Real sorry to hear the breather story best of luck

Regards Roger U.K.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Breather issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breather issue    Breather issue  Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:01 am

I think that after a certain production year they were factory roller.

Easy to check tho
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

Breather issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breather issue    Breather issue  Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:04 pm

If you are willing to trust Motor Guzzi, the crossover from Flat to Roller. This is by motor number and not serial number:

Stelvio- Motor#AC12596 Build Date 12 March 2012
GRiSO - Motor#A813524 Build Date 12 April 2012
Norge - Motor#AA12214 Build Date 18 April 2012

Me I would pop the cover and take a look
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Breather issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breather issue    Breather issue  Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:42 pm

Just pop a valve cover.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Rowlrat
Carlotto
Carlotto
Rowlrat

Breather issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breather issue    Breather issue  Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:03 pm

Well thanks guys have a look at the number tomorrow n pop the cover if in doubt. Has anyone collated the information, known issues/ solutions . The dealers here seem to change as they refuse to take the expected sales for the Californian which flopped so experience has often been lost , new dealers are supermarkets enthusiasts like me need to be self reliant . What a great help this forum is 👍
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Breather issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breather issue    Breather issue  Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:00 pm

It's been covered here many times. Guzzi's figures are rubbery. Anything before a MY 13 machine it is worth checking. From 2013 on you can be pretty certain it's a roller.

If you are going to check make sure you take the plug caps off without damaging them by flicking them off the plugs from underneath rather than pulling them from the top.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Breather issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breather issue    Breather issue  Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:19 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
It's been covered here many times. Guzzi's figures are rubbery. Anything before a MY 13 machine it is worth checking. From 2013 on you can be pretty certain it's a roller.

If you are going to check make sure you take the plug caps off without damaging them by flicking them off the plugs from underneath rather than pulling them from the top.

Unless it's an 8V Sport - all of them had flatties till the end of production - the A7 motor.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Breather issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breather issue    Breather issue  Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:17 pm

Yup, but his bike in question is a GRiSO Tony. Salient point though.
Back to top Go down
Rowlrat
Carlotto
Carlotto
Rowlrat

Breather issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breather issue    Breather issue  Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:46 am

A8 013996.  So well into rollerised me thinks.
          Thanks regards Ratt
                             Roger U.K.
                  England 🏴????????????????????????

Were it me, I'd still pop a rocker cover to confirm. If not now, certainly during my next valve adjustment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Breather issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breather issue    Breather issue  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Breather issue
Page 1 of 1