GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Michelin PR4 no longer available!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Michelin PR4 no longer available! Empty
PostSubject: Michelin PR4 no longer available!   Michelin PR4 no longer available! Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:09 am

According to the local tyre dude. Apparently the Road 5 (they dropped 'Pilot') isn't available in a GT.

He said he could still order the PR4 GT, but would probably receive a R5. They didn't have any R5's in stock in a 180/55.

I'll probably go the R5 anyhoo.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PR4 no longer available!   Michelin PR4 no longer available! Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:28 am

R5 is good Mark. I have some, and as good as the 4GT, I think.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PR4 no longer available!   Michelin PR4 no longer available! Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:57 am

Thanks Tony. I've read some good reviews 'bout the R5.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PR4 no longer available!   Michelin PR4 no longer available! Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:12 am

I had Michelin PR4, Pirelli Angel GT, Michelin Power RS and Conti RA3 on my GRiSO. I'm considering the Power Rs as the tyre with the best grip and the RA3 as the one with the best handling capabilities. RA3 is the best compromise of all and a killer argument surely is that this rubber makes 7000 km on my 1400, whereas the power Rs is down after 4.000 km.

Just my 2 cents ...
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PR4 no longer available!   Michelin PR4 no longer available! Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:39 am

Webbikeworld has a review on the R5 and recommends them. Says a GT version is coming
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PR4 no longer available!   Michelin PR4 no longer available! Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:39 pm

Ok , so I started a thread in Grisology regarding my quest for new skins without looking here first. I have since conducted further research on the inter-webs. Apparently there is no GT version of the R5 to be had in the near future though it was promised for summer '19.
I have been running the regular PR4s on my GRiSO. At 12,000 miles since my last tire change, I feel no reason to bitch. In the mean time I am taking a leap of faith and having a set of Road Fives installed tomorrow. I will report back after I have had a chance to try them out (hopefully after this weekend).
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PR4 no longer available!   Michelin PR4 no longer available! Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:44 pm

I'm going to get an R5 on the rear before the Ragged Fringe. I've got a PR4-GT on the front with only a couple thousand km on it.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PR4 no longer available!   Michelin PR4 no longer available! Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:20 pm

Here's the report so far. I have logged around 500 miles on the new set of R5's. Handling is as good or better than the PR4's on dry roadways with various conditions. I was also lucky enough to try them in extreme weather! (though no hail) Road grip was good in a full on deluge. No regrets, I will have to wait to see if I get similar milage however.
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michelin PR4 no longer available!   Michelin PR4 no longer available! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Michelin PR4 no longer available!
Page 1 of 1