GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Central Exhaust Section No longer Available

Go down 
+9
Brian675
beetle
Bulldog9
lablame
JohnA
voulga77
Pete Roper
paulbrice
anguscameron1966
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Empty
PostSubject: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:31 am

Hi,

I recently took the GRiSO out for a spin, 1st stop check air in tyres 1 mile down the road from home.

I noticed a lack of power and checked over.

The exhaust centre section has cracked and split horizontally (open 3 mm or so 80mm length of crack).

Also have some oil leaking, this coming from the top area of engine (i've not stripped it to look yet). Could the oil be because of the exhaust? It runs in my mind i've read if this portion of the exhaust is removed it can cause issues and maybe oil being sent to the air box?

Main problem seems that there is no stock of this item and Moto Guzzi are informing parts suppliers as follows .... We do not have it in stock and we have checked it at the manufacturer but the part is not available anymore according to the manufacturer.

For clarity here's a link to the part

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anyone know where this can be purchased?

Cheers,

Angus.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:55 pm

Hi Angus.....They usually turn up used/on-line every now & then & I'm guessing if you ask around Gutsibits & TLM etc they may look out for one for you (used); but alternative could be just get somebody to weld up the old one as a temp. fix; or get somebody to fabricate a replacement....failing all that I could lend you one (I have a spare from few years back bought as insurance for that known stress cracking problem !) until you get sorted out but will need postage at roughly £5 each way....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Don't think that would cause high up oil leak as even if it upsets blowby rate; it'll all just go to the airbox & into the inlet (unless it already has a leak in the system). Need to send some pictures to see if it's the blowby pipes or the separator/condom, or a leaking sensor.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:44 pm

As of this morning?

Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:55 pm

Hi,

Thanks Paul, I'll whattsapp you about he exhaust. If I can't get a replacement I'll get the existing one repaired and look into getting one made. It just seems to be unbelievable that Guzzi are saying the parts are no longer being supplied.

Pete, It's been like that for almost 3 weeks I emailed and they advised no date .... Fowlers Say its discontinued and MSP emailed to confirm the same.

Cheers Angus.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:58 pm

I might have one lying about. I'll have a look.
Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:48 pm

Hi Pete,

Thank you!

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:08 pm

Sorry Angus. No joy. We must of sold the last one.
Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:46 am

Hi Pete,

Much appreciate you having a look for me.

Cheers,

Angus.
Back to top Go down
voulga77
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
voulga77

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:10 am

A used piece available in Italy:

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:48 am

Well spotted !.....and it's reasonable price too
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:53 pm

AF1 Racing in Austin has one on their site at $300 USD. It's not in stock but possibly it could come from a different location than the reply you got? Worth a try if you have no better options.
Back to top Go down
lablame
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
lablame

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:28 pm

As you are in Europe, did you tried ebay ?

arrow available on ebay

ahem : same for 1200 and 1100 ?.

Last edited by lablame on Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:31 pm

Thank you lablame!

That one will do the job perfect!

Smile
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:49 pm

I've got this on my GRiSO with the AGO Hydroformed exhaust. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:38 pm

It works OK-ish on the 2V motor. A lot less so on the 1200.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:13 pm

I will disavow anyone who puts that ridiculous Agostini crossover on their GRiSO.

Quote :
The straight through design of this collector is designed to improve high rpm power delivery and throttle response.

Bullshit of the highest order.

Sorry, Bulldog.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:12 pm

beetle wrote:

I will disavow anyone who puts that ridiculous Agostini crossover on their GRiSO.

Quote :
The straight through design of this collector is designed to improve high rpm power delivery and throttle response.

Bullshit of the highest order.

Sorry, Bulldog.

Want me to send your map back? bounce

LOL, It's not like I make the thing, no apologies necessary.

It does take some of the midrange out, but improves top end. I have the old pretzel mid pipe too, and as I often get bored and need something to do, will swap it out. Have had it on and off 3X.
Back to top Go down
Brian675
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Brian675

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:36 pm

I have a straight through mid pipe and it works great, with no changes that I can feel in either mid or high rpm delivery and as an added bonus gets rid of those clamps and the gaskets. Why the disavowing?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:49 pm

Because the pretzel really does help with bottom end and midrange. If you are running a factory map the difference may be undetectable of course.
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:43 am

Did they have the village idiot weld these mid sections? My T-section had a big crack as well some years ago. Today I noticed the replacement I installed back then has a small crack as well cyclops
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:49 am

No, they had the cheapest sub contractor they could find make them. It's the Piaggio way.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:37 am

Pete Roper wrote:
No, they had the cheapest sub contractor they could find make them. It's the Piaggio way.

Can you blame them? Guzzi riders (me included) are the cheapest motorcyclists of all brands.
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:28 am

kiwi dave wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:

Can you blame them? Guzzi riders (me included) are the cheapest motorcyclists of all brands.

That's because we are also the most intelligent motorcyclists of all brands that see through their cunning mastermind ploys of selling an identical car part as a motorcycle part for five times the price Wink
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:54 am

kiwi dave wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:

Can you blame them?  Guzzi riders (me included) are the cheapest motorcyclists of all brands.

My wife's brother used to own several motorcycle dealerships and handle most popular brands. He told me that Guzzi owners never come back once their bikes are out of warranty.
Back to top Go down
steveb
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
steveb

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:20 pm

Re unavailability of parts my GRiSO was written off because Guzzi no longer supply the tail plastic
Regards Steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Central Exhaust Section No longer Available   Central Exhaust Section No longer Available Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Central Exhaust Section No longer Available
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next