GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Rear Shock ,Hyperpro

Go down 
+3
BrianD
Street
griso1064
7 posters
AuthorMessage
griso1064
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
griso1064

Rear Shock ,Hyperpro Empty
PostSubject: Rear Shock ,Hyperpro   Rear Shock ,Hyperpro Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:17 am

I have done some research on rear shock’s on the internet after recently putting up a post about my top shock mount, which is worn (73500mls old ,so not to bad) .There’s a few choices,Hagon,Matris,Nitro & Hyperpro .Nitro & Hyperpro list shocks for Stelvio & Norge ,no GRiSO.Just wondering what are people’s experiences with any of these makes ,Hyperpro seems like good value ,what are your thoughts ?
I read up on the Stelvio replacement on here ,but i’m not to keen on raising the ride height .
Tried to put a link to the Hyperpro site but I don’t know how ,i’m shit on computer’s
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock ,Hyperpro   Rear Shock ,Hyperpro Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

SMTCapeCod likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock ,Hyperpro   Rear Shock ,Hyperpro Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:03 am

I know a few people with Hyperpro on various bikes, lasted well for years, they are all happy.
If I remember correctly, Walter Preisig from Adelaide is/was involved with Hyperpro development, anyhow he sells them here in Australia.

If you want he will build you one to the stock GRiSO length, based off the Stelvio offering, snot hard.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
BrianD
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
BrianD

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock ,Hyperpro   Rear Shock ,Hyperpro Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:48 am

I have been looking Hyperpro front and rear as well as Hagon front and rear, both seem to be in the same ballpark for price.

Both rebuildable I believe

Just not quite got around to it yet.
Back to top Go down
griso1064
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
griso1064

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock ,Hyperpro   Rear Shock ,Hyperpro Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:17 am

Hyperpro
This is what i’ve found on the internet ,they look good value. Really need to sort this shock problem out as the handling shit at the moment ,thanks for the advice & how to load a link ,cheers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock ,Hyperpro   Rear Shock ,Hyperpro Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:40 pm

Off the web site I listed previously
go to Moto Guzzi - 1200 - 'year' - scroll down the page.
Shocks are listed for Stelvio, Norge and Sport
If one of these three is not the correct length, read below, they can alter ride height.

What We Offer
For Mono shocks we use and recommend the proven Hyperpro range . Made and produced in Holland , Hyperpro guarantees customised builds , top of the range tested quality and backed up with the worlds best spring technology. Hyperpro is best known for their superior Steering damper range and mounting kits . We stock the full range of kits and assecories.

Our top line high-low speed Hyperpro  shock absorbers are the highest quality shocks for customers who need fully adjustable suspension with Hi-Low speed compression and rebound adjusters for racing.
YSS Australia is also producing in Adelaide a wide range of twin shocks to suit the Australian market, namely the RD 222 and the  362 series at very affordable prices .
YOUR SUSPENSION SHOP in Adelaide is well known to get the best out of your motorcycle ,be it for track , touring or prototypes
Yes Many riders ask us if an YSS  Shock upgrade is worth it. The answer is YES. If you want to feel the road through a velvet glove and have your bike inspire confidence you didn’t know you had, then ...
Because you are dealing direct with us , you get what you need and you are not paying extra for names or middle men, hence the price difference to Ohlins, Wilbers , Nitron etc.
Rising or lowering your bike ? Not a problem .
Heavey weight or light weight ? Just mention it on check out .
Special colors to match your joy and pride ? Let us know when you order.
24/7 online shop at your finger tips .
MO-FRI  9-5 open for phone orders and back up service . 08 82848033

Best advice I can offer, whatever your budget ................ increase it!
A good quality shock with both compression and rebound adjustment is a minimum. Play with those settings and find YOUR sweet spot.
Longer shock (raising rear ride height) will transform the bikes "turn in", same as lifting forks thru the triple clamp (lowering the front).
Stelvio length shock will give you more travel and better compliance on the rough stuff.
Back to top Go down
griso1064
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
griso1064

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock ,Hyperpro   Rear Shock ,Hyperpro Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:08 pm

L[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I bought a Hagon shock as a friend of mine owns a motorcycle shop & kindly offered to get it at cost for me. I stripped out Sachs shock to find top shock bolt had snapped ,not as I had thought that the bush had perished. I thought when i inspected it something didn’t seem right.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock ,Hyperpro   Rear Shock ,Hyperpro Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:18 am

How was it with the Hagon shock?
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock ,Hyperpro   Rear Shock ,Hyperpro Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:54 am

Does anyone know which Hyperpro rear shock spring is suitable for the GRiSO?
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock ,Hyperpro   Rear Shock ,Hyperpro Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:59 am

I bought a spring with the same dimensions and a 10.7 Kg/mm rate from Faulkner springs
It fits the standard unit perfectly
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock ,Hyperpro   Rear Shock ,Hyperpro Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:22 pm

I'm having a Hyperpro built for G2 at the moment. I'll report on specs when it arrives.

lcjohnny and motor-timothy like this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock ,Hyperpro   Rear Shock ,Hyperpro Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:47 pm

Well if i can't get a review on a Hagon i may go HyperPro too.
My resprung old Stelvio shock is both old and Sachs Sad
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock ,Hyperpro   Rear Shock ,Hyperpro Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:22 pm

Hagon/ Hagan, let's call the whole thing off.   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Pretty happy with the Matris on mine, but it's inherited with the bike so no before/after.
Progressive Suspension was great on a different bike, but seems like they aren't in this market unless one is willing to improvise/be a test case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock ,Hyperpro   Rear Shock ,Hyperpro Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Rear Shock ,Hyperpro
Page 1 of 1