GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Pyramid hugger

Go down 
+2
beetle
McCarthy1983
6 posters
AuthorMessage
McCarthy1983
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
McCarthy1983

Pyramid hugger Empty
PostSubject: Pyramid hugger   Pyramid hugger Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2020 1:18 pm

I have a Pyramid rear hugger fitted, has been since I took ownership in 2016. However, after inspecting recent new rear boots, have noticed that the right side (final drive and rear brake side) is rubbing against the rear wheel, on the lower edge directly behind swingarm. Doesn’t appear to be anything I can do to adjust, is this just a badly made item?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Pyramid hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyramid hugger   Pyramid hugger Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2020 2:15 pm

Beetle says "yes".

I had one many moons ago. I had to go to great lengths to get it to clear the rear tyre. Even so, the best I could do was about 3mm. I declared it a turd, and gave it the flick.

Shock sock was the solution.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
BrianD
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
BrianD

Pyramid hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyramid hugger   Pyramid hugger Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2020 4:07 am

I have one of those and have had to have the bracket [bevel, torque arm side] welded twice now, due to roads being a bit suspect, the tip of the hugger is gradually wearing away along with chunks disappearing. I also fibre glasssed in a a steel rod on the other side to stiffen it up.

I found on mine [being a Sport] that you need to use both brackets to get the adjustment right and gaps even.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Pyramid hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyramid hugger   Pyramid hugger Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2020 12:41 pm

I've had mine for about 11 years over three GRiSOs with the only negative being chipped gelcoat on the trailing edge. Fixed that with some sandpaper and a repaint job to match the Diavolo Nero schema.

Any rubbing has more to do with tire profile than anything else. I too noticed some rubbing with the crap, stock Metzlers that came with the GRiSO. The profile is flatter and wider at the shoulder than any other tire I've tried. I hated the Metzlers anyway, so I couldn't wait to flick them off. The hugger went right back on with the new shoes, rubbing problem solved.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

Pyramid hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyramid hugger   Pyramid hugger Icon_minitime1Fri May 29, 2020 12:50 am

no problems with mine
Back to top Go down
McCarthy1983
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
McCarthy1983

Pyramid hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyramid hugger   Pyramid hugger Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:08 am

Have managed to move the hugger in the brackets slightly and problem seems to be solved. Thanks all
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

Pyramid hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyramid hugger   Pyramid hugger Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:22 am

I really like mine, it used to catch on the front of the rear fender extension and hang up if I hit a large bump but I fixed that with a short piece of metal under the fender.
With my new tail tidy I get nothing in the way of a rooster tail in the wet, I put that down to the hugger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pyramid hugger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyramid hugger   Pyramid hugger Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Pyramid hugger
Page 1 of 1