GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Greetings from southern New England

Go down 
+7
DungeonMaster
Steak
gucio
LBC Tenni
Slo_Mo_Shun
beetle
skytzo
11 posters
AuthorMessage
skytzo
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
skytzo

Greetings from southern New England Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from southern New England   Greetings from southern New England Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:51 pm

Connecticut to be exact. Currently not a GRiSO owner, but would very much like to be. I've been riding a 2009 Kawi Concours14 for the last 4 years - great bike, but I've never really been in love with it and frankly it's a bit overkill for my riding purposes. I've always had a bit of a Guzzi fetish ever since I demoed a V11 LeMans and a V11 Cafe Racer at Americade in Lake George NY 10 years ago. Strangely enough, I demoed the 1100 GRiSO there in '06 but I wasn't as impressed at the time, but it was probably because I had been riding my ZRX1200R for a few years at that point and was spoiled with the power.

Of course since then the 8V version came out and I freakin' LOVE the blacked out look and paint scheme of the last few years. I really want to get back to a naked bike at this point, but the current crop of super nakeds are just a bit too Transformer looking and at this point mega power is not the be-all, end-all criteria for a bike for me anymore. Character, uniqueness and dead sexy looks count for a lot, which of course leads me back to the GRiSO.

So, I'm here to absorb as much info about the bike from you guys as I can. In the meantime, hopefully I can talk my wife into letting me change bikes yet again haha!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from southern New England   Greetings from southern New England Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:50 pm

Just do it. Buy a GRiSO. Being able to do 200 in your driveway is so ho-hum. The GRiSO is a riders bike. You can ride the ring it out of it in hooligan mode and it's far more enjoyable than twisting the throttle on the latest mega Japanese sport bike and saying "oh dear, the power is tremendous and my brain is now mush, but where's the thrill?"

Oh, and welcome.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Slo_Mo_Shun
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Slo_Mo_Shun

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from southern New England   Greetings from southern New England Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:29 am

Welcome to the forum and dont forget, its a lot easier to ask for forgiveness that it is for permission.

All the best
Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from southern New England   Greetings from southern New England Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:40 am

skytzo wrote:

hopefully I can talk my wife into letting me change bikes yet again haha!

Honey, I want to replace this spaceship with a bike that is both beautiful and grounded, just like you.....

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from southern New England   Greetings from southern New England Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:17 am

My EX-wife used to give me all kinds of grief about my bikes. My current companion has no objections whatsoever:

Back to top Go down
gucio
Carlotto
Carlotto
gucio

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from southern New England   Greetings from southern New England Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:00 am

Subliminal stimuli for a week or two and then go out and get the GRiSO and park it in your drive way one morning. When the wife sees it, she would say ' How did you know ? that's exactly what I wanted you to get for yourself! You know me so well. kisses kisses hugs hugs..... all hunky-dory.
Back to top Go down
http://notatthedesk.wordpress.com
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from southern New England   Greetings from southern New England Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:12 am

Viva GRiSO!

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
skytzo
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
skytzo

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from southern New England   Greetings from southern New England Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:20 am

beetle wrote:

Honey, I want to replace this spaceship with a bike that is both beautiful and grounded, just like you.....
I'll have to give that line a try.  lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from southern New England   Greetings from southern New England Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:26 am

I'm with the white fluffy dog, I like sharing my shed with bikes.
No fat chicks allowed entry
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from southern New England   Greetings from southern New England Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:13 am

The GRiSO is the "anti-VFR"
It is more enjoyable to ride than it is to look at.
Every time I park mine I want to get back on and ride some more.
Just get one.
Back to top Go down
skytzo
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
skytzo

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from southern New England   Greetings from southern New England Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:14 pm

Hopefully I'm not breaching proper forum etiquette by bumping a 3 year old thread, but I'm back lurking again, figured I'd say hi. To update my original post, I did end up getting an Italian v-twin, but it was a 2007 Aprilia Tuono. Traded my Concours14 straight up for it at the dealer who sold me it originally. Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing bike - stupid fast, handles like it's on rails - but that's part of the problem, every time I take the thing out I'm at risk of losing my license, it just goads you into hooligan mode all the time. Plus, there's pretty much zero passenger accommodations, so the wife no longer rides with me. I'm seriously thinking about moving onto something a little less mental, but I just can't see myself going the feet forward, no cornering clearance cruiser route, which brings me back around to the GRiSO. Seems like used prices are coming down, I've seen recent 8V SE models below $10K but realistically, I'll probably be bound to a budget of whatever I can sell the Tuono for, which means I'll probably be shopping the 1100 market...I saw a 2007 with 4K miles on Craigslist the other day for $3995 but it's already gone. Do you guys think I could be happy with an earlier model? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from southern New England   Greetings from southern New England Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:21 pm

Yes, but your wife won't be. The GRiSO is torture for passengers unless they are a contortionist midget.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from southern New England   Greetings from southern New England Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:50 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Yes, but your wife won't be. The GRiSO is torture for passengers unless they are a contortionist midget.

Pete

Agreed, even my ex-wife (4'10" 100lbs) was not very comfortable. My current pillion will ride with me, because she's sweet that way, but she much prefers the Stelvio. It is a sublime 2-up ride, and still a lot of fun to pilot.

Back to top Go down
skytzo
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
skytzo

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from southern New England   Greetings from southern New England Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:02 pm

Pete Roper wrote:

Pete
Wow, even with some kind of passenger peg extenders (assuming such a thing exists)? I guess looks are deceiving...the pillion doesn't appear to be that awful in pictures. She's 5'9" so probably a deal breaker then. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from southern New England   Greetings from southern New England Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:59 pm

My wife no longer rides pillion, but everytime i say a like another bike, says i have to keep the GRiSO!!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from southern New England   Greetings from southern New England Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:13 pm

skytzo wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:

Pete
Wow, even with some kind of passenger peg extenders (assuming such a thing exists)? I guess looks are deceiving...the pillion doesn't appear to be that awful in pictures. She's 5'9" so probably a deal breaker then. Crying or Very sad

It's not only the jockey height pegs, but the small pillion perch and the splaying akimbo that's the deal breaker. Tolerable for a jaunt across town, but not much farther...

Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from southern New England   Greetings from southern New England Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:49 am

My partner said she didn't mind the seat on the GRiSO......but on Sunday we went for her first ride on the GRiSO with the new seat. She said the difference was chalk and cheese, she loved the new one.
Back to top Go down
RIKBRIANT
Carlotto
Carlotto
RIKBRIANT

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from southern New England   Greetings from southern New England Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:48 pm

wyno wrote:
My partner said she didn't mind the seat on the GRiSO......but on Sunday we went for her first ride on the GRiSO with the new seat. She said the difference was chalk and cheese, she loved the new one.

Pics Please study
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from southern New England   Greetings from southern New England Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:12 pm

Didn't Harry make lower pillion pegs for his missus?

scratch

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from southern New England   Greetings from southern New England Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Greetings from southern New England
Page 1 of 1