GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hello from Staffordshire - England

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TecnoMal
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
TecnoMal

Hello from Staffordshire - England Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Staffordshire - England   Hello from Staffordshire - England Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:05 pm

Hi, and thanks for adding me to your forum.
I don't currently own a GRiSO but I've been thinking of buying one. There are a few for sale in the UK but I thought I'd do a bit of research first.

I'd really like to see some comparisons between the different models, I'm quite happy to read through technical specifications etc, but it's always good to hear from people who've actually ridden them.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Cheers, Mal.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Staffordshire - England   Hello from Staffordshire - England Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:29 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Mal. I hope you manage to get a GRiSO.  

At least you came to the right place for research, or for really anything you wanted to know about GRISOS. By now I believe virtually everything there is to discuss about our beloved GRiSO, has been discussed so that means that if you search in this forum you will find.

If not: ask the experts!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Staffordshire - England   Hello from Staffordshire - England Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:14 pm

Really there are only three models of GRiSO. The 850 and 1100 which use the venerable two valve per cylinder motor that was built in various guises since forever and the 1200 four valve per cylinder motor, (Usually referred to as the 8V.) that was produced from 2007 to 2016.

There are virtually no changes to the 2V models during their limited production runs, (2005-2007.) and although there were many detail changes to the 8V models during their time in production the only major change was the swap from the failed flat tappet design to the roller tappets in 2012. That, more than anything else, is the one thing to be aware of, especially in the UK where, amazingly, the problem seems still to be a mystery to many and many more are still in denial.

Congratulations on doing your research before purchase as it will save you both money and heartache down the track. A well sorted GRiSO is a joyous thing. I'll be riding mine as long as I can hold it upright.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Staffordshire - England   Hello from Staffordshire - England Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:58 am

Welcome Mal
If you choose a 1200 you will get a lot more top-end and more thrust from the engine and a less rattly clutch than the 1100/850.  cheers

But if you choose a 1200 please make sure it has been "rollerised" by a dealer or a PO, if not it MUST be (as Pete says) a post 2012 one, which (should have) the roller tappets from the factory study .

Because of this any decent seller  scratch will lift the cam covers for you so that you can see that it is a roller tappet model.  To show you the difference there are pictures in Beetle's post of Fri May 22, 2020 8:38 in this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This thread study  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has the engine numbers of engines befor the fix, the 'why it needs to be done', the 'what needs to be done' and the 'why it is getting harder and harder to get it done to un-fixed GRiSOs' No .

Welcome aboard

Jon Green

Last edited by lcjohnny on Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:15 am; edited 2 times in total

Speedfrog likes this post

Back to top Go down
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Staffordshire - England   Hello from Staffordshire - England Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:54 am

Welcome Mal.

Enjoy the hunt

Back to top Go down
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Staffordshire - England   Hello from Staffordshire - England Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:54 am

Disclamer: I have not ridden an 8 valve

That said, I would not rule out a 4 valve that checked the boxes
Condition / Mileage / Price / location of seller

Not sure of the selection in the UK , but here in US all GRiSO models are a bit scarce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Staffordshire - England   Hello from Staffordshire - England Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hello from Staffordshire - England
Page 1 of 1