GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hello from Oxford / England

Go down 
+7
Canyon Carver
Steak
DungeonMaster
MrBob
Pete Roper
beetle
Blue
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

Hello from Oxford / England Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:12 am

Hey,

Name is Ian. Just brought a 2011 Tenni Green one owner 5K on it and collect it on Saturday. I had seen the GRiSO only in pictures and when I finally got to see 3 at a dealer near me recently I had to have a test ride. 2 hours later returning with a massive grin on my face, I had to have it!The soundtrack from the Termigoni works for me, as does the shaftdrive. I just connected with the bike straight away.

Have had various bikes and sports bikes, and was totally surprised by the torque and the handling for the weight of the bike. I took my partner with me and took her out for about 45 minutes and she loved it too. I have part ex'd my Kawasaki Versys 650 - so exchanging on Saturday coming @ 9.00AM [ I will be sitting on the doorstep waiting ] Very Happy 

Glad to have found this place.

Ian/Blue.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:00 am

Welcome to the madness!

Versus, eh? Riding the big G you will feel something bubbling up from the inner depths of your soul that couldn't happen with the Versys.

You will wake in the wee hours, looking into the shadows and wondering why you are awake. You will be distracted at work, suddenly thinking of the GRiSO at it calls to you. Sometimes at night, you will sneak into the garage to catch a peak. You will giggle absent-mindedly when people ask you what you were thinking about when they see you with a myopic glaze that will descend in moments between snippets of conversation.

When you ride, you will become overcome with reckless abandon. You will ride like a hooligan with no concern for the unwashed masses. You will be polite to non GRiSO owners, but secretly gloat.

You think you chose to buy GRiSO? No, GRiSO chooses you. You belong to GRiSO now.

Twisted Evil

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:24 am

beetle wrote:
Welcome to the madness!

Versus, eh? Riding the big G you will feel something bubbling up from the inner depths of your soul that couldn't happen with the Versys.

You will wake in the wee hours, looking into the shadows and wondering why you are awake. You will be distracted at work, suddenly thinking of the GRiSO at it calls to you. Sometimes at night, you will sneak into the garage to catch a peak. You will giggle absent-mindedly when people ask you what you were thinking about when they see you with a myopic glaze that will descend in moments between snippets of conversation.

When you ride, you will become overcome with reckless abandon. You will ride like a hooligan with no concern for the unwashed masses. You will be polite to non GRiSO owners, but secretly gloat.

You think you chose to buy GRiSO? No, GRiSO chooses you. You belong to GRiSO now.

Twisted Evil

You are sooo right, I thought the Versys had a bit of character, but no. Best of it was on the test ride i stopped for fuel and 3 people came up and asked me about the GRiSO [ i reckon they were from the sales team at the dealers ] Laughing 

Think i will be taking the long way home on Saturday and just ordered a load of GT85 cleaning spray for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Hi Blue, I should warn you that Beetle is a total lunatic, but he is right when he says, "GRiSO chose you". It's a Guzzi thang!
Reality is, he probably appears normal to you, which means, you are just as big a lunatic as the rest of us.  jocolor

Last edited by ghezzi on Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:35 am

ghezzi wrote:
Hi Blue, I should warn you that Beetle is a total lunatic, but he is right when he says, "GRiSO chose you". It's a Guzzi thang!
Reality is, he probably appears normal to you, which means, you are probably just as big a lunatic as the rest of us.  jocolor 

I am going to be right at home here !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:41 am

Then there is the thing you have to do with the goat. Its not very pleasant but the bruises usually heal pretty quickly.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:02 am

Goat! You told me to use a pig. Well that might explain the itch.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:16 am

S'ok I have some cream for that.
Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:45 am

Hey Blue. Don't know much about Pigs n'Goats, well, the goat thing I could expand on, but your 'LIFE' just changed! I too have a Tenni 11'. Beetles spot on! Cheers.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:57 am

From a Versys to a GRiSO.
Hell Yeah.
My wife was looking at the Kawi 650's last year but......
I maneuvered her into getting the Suzook 650 V-Twin instead!!  Smile
Cuz V-Twins are Best!!!!

That's a good jump from the Kawi to the GRiSO
I just rode my wife's Gladius a couple days ago and it's a fun sweet bike but...
The GRiSO Rules The Wasteland!!!
(yes, Mad Max reference)

DM
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:02 am

I used to have a old 1989 Kawasaki ZXR750 H1 - It sort of reminds me of that [ but has loads more character.)

I think i am losing sleep at the moment as I am thinking of things to add to the bike and have not even collected her yet.

I have a name for her too [ Serafina ] = form of the Late Latin name Seraphinus, derived from the biblical word seraphim which was Hebrew in origin and meant "fiery ones"

Sorry that's a bit weird but there you go!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:14 am

Well that's a might better than Cherubina...

Welcome to the ghetto, the home of the marginalized of the marginalized.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:14 pm

Look at it this way......... you have been saved. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Weißgerät
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Weißgerät

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:21 pm

Welcome Ian! Glad you saw the light!
Leave your Tenni green GRiSO as it is, it's a piece of art!
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:34 pm

Steak wrote:
Well that's a might better than Cherubina...

Welcome to the ghetto, the home of the marginalized of the marginalized.

That's FREAKING awesome.
Cred for you Brother Man.

DM
Back to top Go down
TalkingGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
TalkingGriso

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:13 pm

Welcome compadre. I, too, had a Versys I absolutely loved. And yes, my GRiSO spoke to me (still does) in a way that the V simply could not.

My G made it clear, though, that is definitely a guy. A tough guy.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:50 am

Thanks all - it's like coming home!!!!!!

Something else strange?

My forum name - Bluesun9 - I came up with this name about 4/5 years ago and later realised there was a series called Firefly from the US and there were references to 'Bluesun' in that series. You can even get T shirts etc with it on.

So the 'spirit animal' thing I am Firefly - does that get chosen by admin or is it automated? I can see admin linking Firefly to me but if it is automated...............that is just weird!

I will be quiet now......
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:14 am

Weißgerät wrote:
Welcome Ian! Glad you saw the light!
Leave your Tenni green GRiSO as it is, it's a piece of art!

It will on have a screen and a tail pack on the rack - no more than that - I agree with you, it is a beautiful thing.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:22 am

Firefly?!

Hell YEAH!!!!!!

LOVE that show.
Nothing like being a smuggler (or rum-runner). My mother tells me that what our ancestors were 200 years ago. Smile

DM
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:16 am

Here she is outside the dealers just before I brought her home :

Then managed to get some miles in yesterday and got some photos before we went out.:

]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:32 pm

Ooooh. So fresh and so clean!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Peaceman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Peaceman

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:49 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:26 am

Fantastic! Added your photo to the Member Gallery.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:51 am

Thanks. And thank you for doing that with the gallery picture Steak [ hope the weekend all went well ]

Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:05 am

Missed adding this one :

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford / England   Hello from Oxford / England Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hello from Oxford / England
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next