GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Tires or Tyres

Go down 
+4
rick pope
ratso88
Oz1200Guzzi
Birch
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Birch
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

Tires or Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Tires or Tyres   Tires or Tyres Icon_minitime1Tue May 05, 2020 4:58 pm

So I seem to flatter the rear tire easily due to a heavy bike, heavy rider and Chicago straight roads.

Looking for some thing that won’t flatten the rear tire after 4,000 miles.

Should I look towards a dual sport type tire? Or what to you experts think?
Back to top Go down
http://jasonedwardphoto.com
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Tires or Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires or Tyres   Tires or Tyres Icon_minitime1Tue May 05, 2020 5:15 pm

Straight roads kill all tyres - it's a fact of life. However Michelin Road 5 GT would be appropriate for any CARC Guzzi
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

Tires or Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires or Tyres   Tires or Tyres Icon_minitime1Tue May 05, 2020 5:23 pm

I wouldn't call myself an expert but I really like the Michelin Road 5.

I put a set on a couple years ago when I had flat leaving Phoenix. They seem to be holding up very well. I will probably be replacing them with the same after this season.

On the personal opinion side I think dual sport tires go on dual sport bikes, road tires for road bikes.
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

Tires or Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires or Tyres   Tires or Tyres Icon_minitime1Tue May 05, 2020 6:14 pm

Another vote for the Road5. I will say, I got less than 4,000 mi. out mine, but it wasn't the middle that wore out first. And my rear was in better shape than the front. I tend to go into a corner a little fast, feathering the brake, and roll out under throttle. Both tires had the left side worn much worse than the right or middle.

It doesn't help that I'm a big ol' farm boy, and gravity has a firm grip on me.
Back to top Go down
antmanbee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
antmanbee

Tires or Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires or Tyres   Tires or Tyres Icon_minitime1Tue May 05, 2020 7:18 pm

I run Shinko Raven 009 on my GRiSO I have 3800 miles on them and there is a lot of wear left.
I got them based on the recommendation of another friend who is on his second set of them on his GRiSO.
Also they are less than half the price of the Michelin. I live in the land of straight flat roads. $92 at link.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

Tires or Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires or Tyres   Tires or Tyres Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:54 am

i did try out pirelli diablo rosso 4 this year. i might be able to reach 3800 km on the rear tire.
would consider that as pretty bad mileage.
was planing to go to croatia this weekend but the tyre won't make it there and back, have to take Ktm out
damn it.

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

Tires or Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires or Tyres   Tires or Tyres Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:51 am

I've been searching for a tire that the GRiSO doesn't devour on the back wheel - no luck yet
been through various Pirelli and Michelin models.
Decided to get a less expensive set for comparison and ended up putting Conti Motions on the other day.
2 tires cost the same as one Michelin rear!
they have a different turn in and surprisingly the front is smaller than others I have had. After putting the wheels back on and parking in wheel chock as I normally do, I awoke the next day to find my GRiSO on it's side in my shed!Crying or Very sad
no major damage, but found that tightening the wheel chock stabilized the bike better.

they seem to  perform at least to my level of competence on mountain roads - will see how durable they are over time
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

Tires or Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires or Tyres   Tires or Tyres Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:55 pm

I was very happy with the ContiMotions. I was able to scuff them at least as far as the previous Metz/Mich I'd tried. On cheap Dunlops at the moment. They are working quite nicely, for this old fat guy.
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

Tires or Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires or Tyres   Tires or Tyres Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:09 pm

Speaking of Dunlop's, I got a set of Q3+ for the big Kawi, and the damn things are made in the USA, Buffalo NY. Who knew.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tires or Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires or Tyres   Tires or Tyres Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Tires or Tyres
Page 1 of 1