GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Pumping tyres

Go down 
+4
Brent S
OldMojo
Pete Roper
Andrewpatrol
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

Pumping tyres Empty
PostSubject: Pumping tyres   Pumping tyres Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:57 pm

This weeks simpleton question…

What do youse do to fill the tyres/check pressure on wire spoked wheels. Those pumps in service stations often won’t go on to valve. I’ve got a pencil type gauge that I can check pressure but is there anything better?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Pumping tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pumping tyres   Pumping tyres Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:41 pm

Get 90 degree stems fitted next thre change. Alternatively carry a right angle adapter in her pocket.
Back to top Go down
OldMojo
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
OldMojo

Pumping tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pumping tyres   Pumping tyres Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:26 am

There comes a point in every man's life when he grows weary of not having an air compressor. Once you own one you'll discover all sorts of uses for it. Get one appropriately sized for your needs and storage situation, and thank yourself for the rest of your life.

JohnA and Speedfrog like this post

Back to top Go down
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

Pumping tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pumping tyres   Pumping tyres Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:04 pm

OldMojo wrote:
There comes a point in every man's life when he grows weary of not having an air compressor. Once you own one you'll discover all sorts of uses for it. Get one appropriately sized for your needs and storage situation, and thank yourself for the rest of your life.

Already got one but it’s 2 hrs away. Doesn’t solve my prob but. I reckon Pete’s on the right track, only prob is I got bike with brand new tyres so I’ll have to wait.
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

Pumping tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pumping tyres   Pumping tyres Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:47 pm

I picked up a digital gauge some time back. The connection part is angled at 45 degrees and swivels around which makes it relatively easy to get a quick pressure reading.

As for getting some air in, dare I say it, but I use a compact manual bike tyre pump. It’s clearly designed for bicycle tyres as you have to pump the bloody thing 100 times just to add 2-3psi. That said, it works, and I’ve found I only ever need to just top up the pressure a bit anyway. It will also comfortably fit in the smallest of travel bags if you’re on the road.
Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

Pumping tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pumping tyres   Pumping tyres Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:05 pm

You can add a TPMS system as well like Steelmate…works great on vertical valve stems…

Last edited by PJPR01 on Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

Pumping tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pumping tyres   Pumping tyres Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:12 am

Buy a little battery powered tyre pump-a mini compressor, really. Not too expensive and really useful. Mine cost about £30.

This sort of thing: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Pumping tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pumping tyres   Pumping tyres Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:03 am

$8.99 real Australian dollars at AMX superstore.

CLICKY

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

Pumping tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pumping tyres   Pumping tyres Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:39 am

Brilliant beetle ( Mark?) I’ll check that out. I’ve bought some stuff at one of their stores/.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Pumping tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pumping tyres   Pumping tyres Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:26 am

On the subject of AMX I had to go into the one in Canberra to pick up some *emergency* brake pads because we'd run out the other day.

The spotty neckbeard who was summoned over to me was far too 'familiar' but the trigger was when he called me 'Bro'!

Now, I'm sorry but I'm 65, nearly 66 years old. I tell him exactly what I want quoting not only manufacturer part number but two other supplier/importer list codes. And he calls me 'Bro'.

I'm almost old enough to be his grandfather, in fact if his parents and their parents had been particularly fecund I am old enough to have been his grandparent.

Sadly, after the second time he said it I was compelled to take him behind the tyre racks and kill him.

Butchering him and hiding the evidence took a while but I felt it was time well spent. I'm sure somebody will miss him but I'm guessing not for long.

I paid for the brake pads...........
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Pumping tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pumping tyres   Pumping tyres Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:02 am

FFS Pete! You never actually go into an AMX Superstore, you only purchase stuff from them online.
Oh, the huge manatee!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Pumping tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pumping tyres   Pumping tyres Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:16 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
.The spotty neckbeard who was summoned over to me was far too 'familiar' but the trigger was when he called me 'Bro'!.

Pete you b'stard i choked on my Rioja and nearly shat myself Razz

In the 70s (ask an old person) i worked in a slightly trendy clothes shop and we were taught to call everyone with £10 to spend (including spotty 16 year olds) sir!!

Maybe now they are taught to call everyone ""Bro"" but...

Pete I agree FFS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pumping tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pumping tyres   Pumping tyres Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Pumping tyres
Page 1 of 1