GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Footrest hanger stand

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
McCarthy1983
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
McCarthy1983

Footrest hanger stand Empty
PostSubject: Footrest hanger stand   Footrest hanger stand Icon_minitime1Wed 27 May 2020, 16:24

H All,

Looking for ways to service the swingarm and shock linkage, wondering if this would be a solution to jacking up the rear while the footrest plates are off, perhaps on the pillion pegs?

Already have a becker stand, but this can not be used with the side plates intact.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Footrest hanger stand   Footrest hanger stand Icon_minitime1Wed 27 May 2020, 22:50

I like this one designed by Kiwi Roy. Cheap & works. Check it out:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't have the side plates, so it was the perfect solution for me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
McCarthy1983
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
McCarthy1983

PostSubject: Re: Footrest hanger stand   Footrest hanger stand Icon_minitime1Tue 02 Jun 2020, 13:09

Very smart idea. Will have a go at this. Thank you
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: Footrest hanger stand   Footrest hanger stand Icon_minitime1Tue 02 Jun 2020, 13:30

Here it is from my original post.
I was asked "What's the purpose of the hole through the frame?, so I had to come up with an answer
The Luigi hole on my 2007 had a washer welded in each end, it was simply a mater of a few strokes with a rat tail file and the 1/2" pipe slipped right in
If your hole has no washers you will need to add some form of spacer to keep the pipe in the centre, perhaps even layers of masking tape wrapped around the 1/2" pipe.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Preview
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Dimensions, 1/2" pipe is 13/16" OD
Re plate dimensions. depending on your shock settings you may need to modify the length slightly, the right side plate should fit in place without touching the ground, the left side plate is 3" shorter
The plates are made from regular 6 x 2 lumber, I tried 3/4" ply but it's no where near as solid.

Right Side Lifting Plate Attached - I have Knight Design lowered pegs but the plate will work with originals.
Left Side Lifting Plate Attached

Then it's simply a matter of lifting by the left bar and under the seat standing the bike up on the right hand side plate.
at the same time slipping the 3" block under the left side plate with your foot to bring them even.
The back wheel is about 1/2" from the ground and it's very stable

If the intention is to remove the swing-arm for greasing the Left hand side foot-peg plate is removed first, this gives access to the swing-arm pivot bolt and the two pinch bolts that lock it in place, these are behind the round cover you see.

To bring it down again deploy the side stand, tilt the bike over to the right, kick the block out, then lower back onto the side stand.

Last edited by Kiwi_Roy on Tue 02 Jun 2020, 13:49; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: Footrest hanger stand   Footrest hanger stand Icon_minitime1Tue 02 Jun 2020, 13:34

I have since modified it a little, the 3x3 block is much shorter and it hangs by 2 strings to the side plate so when you tilt the bike over it swings into place where its needed.

Note: There is no weight on the foot pegs. its all taken by the 1/2" pipe thru the Luigi hole, I used 1/2" ready rod to hold the plates in place but 1/4" would do just as well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Footrest hanger stand   Footrest hanger stand Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Footrest hanger stand
Page 1 of 1