GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Saggy Soft Bags

Go down 
+3
MalG
Street
tazio
7 posters
AuthorMessage
tazio
Carlotto
Carlotto
tazio

Saggy Soft Bags Empty
PostSubject: Saggy Soft Bags   Saggy Soft Bags Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:38 pm

So, as you can see in the photos, I overload my soft bags and they eventually begin to sag and tuck under towards the rear tire and muffler. Too cheap to spring for the C-bow setup, but having burned through a few bags in the past (and finding clothing hanging out), it was time for a "Guzzi" solution (read : cheap).
So I made these "guards" to keep bags out and away from hot and spinning objects, they don't look too gawd awful bad from a distance and I only run them with the soft bags on.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
tazio
Carlotto
Carlotto
tazio

Saggy Soft Bags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggy Soft Bags   Saggy Soft Bags Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:41 pm

Back to top Go down
tazio
Carlotto
Carlotto
tazio

Saggy Soft Bags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggy Soft Bags   Saggy Soft Bags Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:43 pm

Top 2 pics are of overloaded bags..[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan and Spruce Goose like this post

Back to top Go down
tazio
Carlotto
Carlotto
tazio

Saggy Soft Bags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggy Soft Bags   Saggy Soft Bags Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:48 pm

Oh, and I turned 30k miles on the mighty GRiSO this morning.
Zero issues, save for a burned out low beam bulb..🙂

Bill Hagan and Bill Dee like this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Saggy Soft Bags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggy Soft Bags   Saggy Soft Bags Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:16 pm

Pretty elegant solution to an inelegant sag, Tazio!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

Saggy Soft Bags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggy Soft Bags   Saggy Soft Bags Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:49 am

That works.
Back to top Go down
tazio
Carlotto
Carlotto
tazio

Saggy Soft Bags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggy Soft Bags   Saggy Soft Bags Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:35 am

Yes, a cheap bastid will find a way. Hee-hee.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Saggy Soft Bags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggy Soft Bags   Saggy Soft Bags Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:17 am

If you really were cheap, you'd not have that Corbin saddle. Wink

BTW, even the C-Bow system soft bags sag, and the C-Bow hard bags (Orbits) will only carry your credit cards to buy what you need but can't carry on the road.

Bill
Back to top Go down
tazio
Carlotto
Carlotto
tazio

Saggy Soft Bags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggy Soft Bags   Saggy Soft Bags Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:34 am

Bill! Say hey to the Misses from Lisa and I.👍
P.S. The Corbin was bought with my kids College fund...

Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

Saggy Soft Bags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggy Soft Bags   Saggy Soft Bags Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:16 am

Corbin is looking good still Tazio!

I like your new setup...very elegant. Maybe even coat the silver bars in black? 30K is great, bet the bike is smooth as silk!
Back to top Go down
tazio
Carlotto
Carlotto
tazio

Saggy Soft Bags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggy Soft Bags   Saggy Soft Bags Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:17 pm

Good idea on the bars, though I like the raw aluminium, I may grab the spray can!
And yes, after this first 30k miles, she's just now hitting her stride. Smooth and powerful..
Back to top Go down
tazio
Carlotto
Carlotto
tazio

Saggy Soft Bags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggy Soft Bags   Saggy Soft Bags Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:27 pm

Oh, and also PJPR01, been over 3 1/2 years since I got the Corbin from you. Worth its weight in gold!!

PJPR01 likes this post

Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

Saggy Soft Bags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggy Soft Bags   Saggy Soft Bags Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:33 pm

Nice to hear Tazio...I remember it well!! Bike looks Great!

Just came back from a smooth 150 miler on a glorious day here on the GRiSO, so nice I didn't even stop to take any pics!

Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

Saggy Soft Bags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggy Soft Bags   Saggy Soft Bags Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:13 am

Bill Hagan wrote:

If you really were cheap, you'd not have that Corbin saddle.  Wink

BTW, even the C-Bow system soft bags sag, and the C-Bow hard bags (Orbits) will only carry your credit cards to buy what you need but can't carry on the road.  

Bill

I thought of you yesterday Bill. I passed the Oscar Meyer weenie mobile heading towards Augusta.
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

Saggy Soft Bags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggy Soft Bags   Saggy Soft Bags Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:58 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:

If you really were cheap, you'd not have that Corbin saddle.  Wink

Bill

Yeah, I know where you’re coming from there! I have the “Street” version of the H&B C-Bow bags. Great mounting system, very clean, but once you pop in a puncture repair kit, tyre pressure gauge a few incidentals and a pair of shoes, that’s one bag filled and 50% of your capacity gone before you even think of a change of clothes etc.

As for the waterproof inner bag, it’s big enough to sleep in. What the hell were they thinking? It’s 5 times larger than the bags!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Saggy Soft Bags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggy Soft Bags   Saggy Soft Bags Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Saggy Soft Bags
Page 1 of 1