GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

C-Bow "Royster" bags. Any experience out there?

Go down 
+2
motor-timothy
Steak
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Steak
Godfather
Steak

C-Bow "Royster" bags.  Any experience out there? Empty
PostSubject: C-Bow "Royster" bags. Any experience out there?   C-Bow "Royster" bags.  Any experience out there? Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:09 pm

Haven't checked on the latest C-Bow options from Hepco Becker lately, but this "Royster" model seems to me like it would be a good fit for the GRiSO. I was one of the early C-Bow adopters and have never been completely happy with the "Street" bags that were the only initial option.

Website says pre-order, so I guess nobody here has any experience with them yet. Anyone?

C-Bow "Royster" bags

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then there are the "Orbit" bags, which look a bit more utilitarian vis a vis the GRiSOs panache, which look to be a durable option...

C-Bow "Orbit" sidecases

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: C-Bow "Royster" bags. Any experience out there?   C-Bow "Royster" bags.  Any experience out there? Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:14 pm

Ohh I like those orbit bags. Fits a gray BMW better than the GRiSO, but still... Less of a fan of the Royster bags
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: C-Bow "Royster" bags. Any experience out there?   C-Bow "Royster" bags.  Any experience out there? Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:37 pm

I have the Obits and the earlier soft bags.

As you, I was never quite happy with the first.  The Orbits are just fine for carrying a credit card in one and cell phone in the other.  Rolling Eyes

Seriously, they will improve both your self discipline and packing skills along with enlarging your vocabulary when you realize you can't take what you (thought you'd) need.  Wink

Now, all of that said, when used with a tank and tail bag on any overnighters, etc., you can (almost) carry what you need.   cheers

Bill

P.S.  If you get either of these newer ones, be smarter than I was and be very -- as in VERY -- sure that you engage the locks and mounts.  That is especially so if you have a brand-new Garmin 396 GPS, still in its unopened box, inside the unsecured bag.  $igh.   Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: C-Bow "Royster" bags. Any experience out there?   C-Bow "Royster" bags.  Any experience out there? Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:05 pm

Had to wait to stop laughing...

Great insights as always Bill!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
odder
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
odder

PostSubject: Re: C-Bow "Royster" bags. Any experience out there?   C-Bow "Royster" bags.  Any experience out there? Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:29 pm

Nearly pulled the trigger on those orbit bags. While the handle looks nice it also takes up a lot of real estate. The Royster with a bag across the passenger seat seams like a decent option.

Losing a Garmin! yikes...Noted
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: C-Bow "Royster" bags. Any experience out there?   C-Bow "Royster" bags.  Any experience out there? Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:29 am

I have the Royster bags. Completely waterproof and easy to use. Not a huge amount of space but fine in combination with a roll bag and good enough for a few bottles. They are beginning to become weathered and I expect the waterproofing to fail at some point-but they are 5 years old.

odder likes this post

Back to top Go down
BrandX
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
BrandX

PostSubject: Re: C-Bow "Royster" bags. Any experience out there?   C-Bow "Royster" bags.  Any experience out there? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:09 am

I like them on my Breva 1100. I replaced the stock bags.. I also made my rear rack c-bow capable, if I want to order the $60.00 bag mount option  .I have a extra C bow mount that bolts to my modified frame  mounts I had on my Aprilia.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: C-Bow "Royster" bags. Any experience out there?   C-Bow "Royster" bags.  Any experience out there? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

C-Bow "Royster" bags. Any experience out there?
Page 1 of 1