GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Ride Report 12/31/2020. What I did with my GRiSO today...

Go down 
+2
lcjohnny
Groovitz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Groovitz
Carlotto
Carlotto
Groovitz

Ride Report 12/31/2020. What I did with my GRiSO today... Empty
PostSubject: Ride Report 12/31/2020. What I did with my GRiSO today...   Ride Report 12/31/2020. What I did with my GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:40 am

End of year scoot for the last day of 2020. I'm out there on the road (Completely FLAT, 99% Straight as an Arrow, and EMPTY) enjoying the calm cruise. Come upon an unsuspecting leisurely cruising sport biker (VERY rare in these parts). I have my weakness, I'm sorry... I flipped into "Land Shark Mode": You bought the Sport Bike, I'll set the pace, you join in or take the lead away from me, that's what these bikes are made for... Coming up on a LONG right hand sweeper (I know this road by heart), I figured I'd pass on the outside and set the pace. I make my move, Sport bike friend feels me coming by and ticks the throttle up a bit. Cool! I'm getting the reaction I wanted. This goes on and I see that I'm running out of room to complete this pass, but I'm committed and I'm staying in it! We're fast now. I'm in 3rd gear. I'm gonna hold it on and finish what I started. I'm coming past now, he can see my rear tire. I'm about to slide back into the lane when... HOLY GODZILLA!!!! I hit the rev limiter AGAIN! Second time on this bike. First time was straight up, top gear, 142 mph indicated, I had a heart attack! Shocking & Violent! Well, let me tell you how much WORSE it is in 3rd gear, leaned way over, concentrating on completing this maneuver. I did not realize that in my quest to play, I was about to let loose the Spark Killing Demons down between my legs! Before I could even comprehend what was happening, in a split second, the bike became completely unglued! Shocking & Violent doesn't even come close! The front suspension went convulsive! Head shake from HELL! A molecule away from a full blown tank slapper! The front wheel came off the road about 3 or 4 times in a split second. The side to side reciprocating mass banged thru the frame like a sledge hammer, right to the rear suspension and upset the whole bike. I instantly let off, and thank GOD the bike immediately settled back down and hooked back up. HOLY DUEL ATOMIC WHITE KNUCKLES!!! I said once before, after my first experience with the rev limiter on this bike, DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT EVER step into the red zone on this bike and NEVER NEVER NEVER while leaned over & in a lower gear. Shear TERROR! I guess you'll say that I'm not behaving like a 'normal' GRiSO rider. Maybe I'm riding the wrong bike. Maybe I should grow up. Maybe the GRiSO was not designed for my childish urges. Maybe, maybe, maybe....
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Ride Report 12/31/2020. What I did with my GRiSO today...   Ride Report 12/31/2020. What I did with my GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:17 am

Thanks for the warning Groovitz

Groovitz likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Ride Report 12/31/2020. What I did with my GRiSO today...   Ride Report 12/31/2020. What I did with my GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:40 am

Only because you are safe and sound, I had to laugh out loud a little bit..

The rev limiter can indeed be a bit of a shocker. Glad you were able to gather your wits.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

Groovitz likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Ride Report 12/31/2020. What I did with my GRiSO today...   Ride Report 12/31/2020. What I did with my GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:20 pm

I've lost count of the number of times I've hit the rev limiter. The correct response is to select the next gear.

Just sayin'.

Razz

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

Groovitz likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Ride Report 12/31/2020. What I did with my GRiSO today...   Ride Report 12/31/2020. What I did with my GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:16 pm

I agree with Mark, another gear. If you plan on doing this while showing off (who could blame you) is to do it on the straight as you overtake them - will scare the pants off them!

Groovitz likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Dee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bill Dee

PostSubject: Re: Ride Report 12/31/2020. What I did with my GRiSO today...   Ride Report 12/31/2020. What I did with my GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:13 pm

Went for a First ride 2021 yesterday with my buddy Jerry.  Here is his YouTube post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ride Report 12/31/2020. What I did with my GRiSO today...   Ride Report 12/31/2020. What I did with my GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Ride Report 12/31/2020. What I did with my GRiSO today...
Page 1 of 1