GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO in the hand is worth..

Go down 
+11
BrandX
Nobleswood
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
Steak
sideshowbob
Pete Roper
Dilliw
ratso88
JohnA
SMTCapeCod
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BrandX
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
BrandX

GRiSO in the hand is worth.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO in the hand is worth..   GRiSO in the hand is worth.. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:43 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
All in jest BrandX, all in jest. You will see that on this site and we all take the piss and often. In fact I think it is a Ghetto rule: "Thou shalt take the piss on fellow Ghetto members". Especially if you know them well...

Right, but somebody should stand up for the poor relative alien (Redheaded Step Child if you will) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO in the hand is worth..   GRiSO in the hand is worth.. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:45 pm

They are our preferred targets...

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
BrandX
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
BrandX

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO in the hand is worth..   GRiSO in the hand is worth.. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:37 am

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
They are our preferred targets...

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I kind of think all Guzzi's are targets if you are comparing things to decent a decent strong running V-twin Least with a 2 valve Breva you are not fooling anyone. Cool
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO in the hand is worth..   GRiSO in the hand is worth.. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:17 pm

So, search is not always my friend, it turns out.  

Two elementary questions:  Heel protection plates-> stainless, I assume?  Or AL?  and, I'm readying for obligatory horn upgrade- just pop the bodywork off and go?
Edit:  Heel pad feels pretty light- alloy?  And..located horns..right in the airflow but I guess that means they're not shrouded. Dual banshees coming, that should be a bit of a ruckus.

Did find some threads indicating frustration in turn front turn signal R&R ...we'll see how that goes.  I read the connections are concealed up in the gauge cluster? grrr..

And dagnabit-- the GRiSO doubled my insurance over the V7 and Victory alone!

Thanks
ST
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO in the hand is worth..   GRiSO in the hand is worth.. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:33 am

Had a good few hours out and about- with the Matris and Corbin the ride is very nice over minor imperfections but still jolting on big ones. Have to tinker with compression setting.  Seating position is aggravating a hip issue- but aside from that pre-existing consideration is comfortable enough, just still need to adjust the shift and brake toe pegs.  Currently stock, may go to the Knight options to match the drop pegs.

Performance is a bit more assertive than the V7, but not what I expected given the factory power/weight statistics.  My Victory (in current form) positively mugs the GRiSO (in current form) from a dig and in a straight line, but hey, different intended purposes.  I'm sure the advantage would be reversed given a curvier route.  Looking forward to more fun as this bike and I negotiate a suitable detante!

Huge difference with the banshee horns, but not a simple drop in as they are thicker and have a bit of a trumpet.  Motodemic should be here in a few more hours..
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO in the hand is worth..   GRiSO in the hand is worth.. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:48 pm

Few surprises here and there as I'm working on the mod/maintenance task list...Going to install the Motodemic and whups what are those wires doing there...someone tapped the headlight circuit for the heated grips.  Motodemic's wire palette is different, good thing there's only four.  I hate electrics.
Post in other thread seems on-target, the housing seems like it will be an interference fit.  Was thinking of getting some threaded rod and turnbuckle to cook up an 'expander' of sorts. scratch
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO in the hand is worth..   GRiSO in the hand is worth.. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:18 am

dude   WTF?
you should research to find out if the lighting circuit has the capacity to handle the additional loads of the heated grips and re-wire accordingly.
also, those clamp on wire connectors can become a nightmare if they start to fail as you can get intermittent open circuits. might not be noticeable on heated grips, but used for anything else, and they could cause some serious head scratching.
Best bet is to extend the grip wiring through the engine bay and back up under the seat. Tap directly to the battery or find the switched ignition circuit and install a relay. then run power directly from the battery through the relay. place your fuse where it is accessible.

I fabricated a fuse block and installed it where the snorkel used to live making sure not to block airflow to the airbox - gives me options for accessories. there is a fair amount of space with the snorkel removed

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO in the hand is worth..   GRiSO in the hand is worth.. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:51 pm

that's tidy work-- wish you lived nearer, haha!
I was surprised, the install was meticulous on the exterior parts, neat wire runs, the bucket penetration was well sealed with grommet and super tight..then that mess of taps and crimp connectors on the inside.

Located an older thread tapping into the brake circuit to pull power for heated grips thusly:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And they now have a GRiSO page, cool. Beaver n Goose

I have at least two other external, aftermarket leads floating about, so I suppose I should suck it up and dive deeper under the body work. Haven't pulled tank yet though so I'll need to dig up some info on doing so.    I know they are all pretty straightforward but sometimes it helps to know 'pull back' vs 'pull up' etc
Back to top Go down
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO in the hand is worth..   GRiSO in the hand is worth.. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:53 pm

GRiSO SE greetings and welcome.
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO in the hand is worth..   GRiSO in the hand is worth.. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:34 am

if you are just routing wire from the handle bars to the seat, you really shouldn't have to pull the tank to do so. just lace it in with the existing harness that runs just under the frame. once you remove the side trim, you'll see it
Back to top Go down
OldMojo
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
OldMojo

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO in the hand is worth..   GRiSO in the hand is worth.. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:38 am

SMTCapeCod wrote:

Definitely find myself fishing around to find the shift lever, I'll have to check for some adjustment there asap.  Has the Knight drop pegs.

I had the same issue with the drop pegs. More so for the brake lever in my case. Shocked Not uncommon since they move your feet outboard a bit.

I wound up fitting the Knight lever extensions on both sides. You may have to experiment with positioning.

They look a bit ungainly at first, but now I think of them as "technical" looking.
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO in the hand is worth..   GRiSO in the hand is worth.. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:43 am

Purchased and received them!  I agree that the brake pedal was worse...I've developed a bad habit of not using it very much...have to work on that.
Then on install found the tension bolt on the shift side had been previously stripped.  Lever on order- er, backorder.

EDIT 24 MAR:
And now remove/replace preexisting aftermarket heated grips added to the list, standing by for more parts.

Mean time- I never got a tattoo myself, but each of my bikes gets one. V7's is just on the front brake cylinder cap. I know it won't meet with universal acclaim,  pirat .
Also got the neat if pricey rear brake setup from Daes mototek.  That's also where I sourced the bushings on the rear peg mounting bolts (now pro-bolt) The brake line is a bit to short and inhibits tucking it all the way in at the moment.  One change provokes others...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO in the hand is worth..   GRiSO in the hand is worth.. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO in the hand is worth..
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2