GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Just got a GRiSO. And love it.

Go down 
+6
Pete Roper
Dilliw
LBC Tenni
Chris W
beetle
rothbard
10 posters
AuthorMessage
rothbard
Carlotto
Carlotto
rothbard

Just got a GRiSO. And love it.  Empty
PostSubject: Just got a GRiSO. And love it.    Just got a GRiSO. And love it.  Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:34 am

Although I've only been riding for six years, I've ridden about 20 different motorcycles. You see, I started a motorcycle rental company and although my v7 Classic worked while I was at home, I used our site to rent bikes whenever I traveled.

Well after 5 years, the v7 Classic just wouldn't meet my needs anymore. So I sold her and started searching for my next moto.

I was deciding between a BMW R nine T and a GRiSO, and after a bunch of deliberation, I landed on the GRiSO. They ride almost exactly the same, but the GRiSO is just beefier. The engine is throatier. And, I love the Guzzi brand.

So here she is, in all her glory. It's the best bike I've ever ridden.

One pic is during my first ride, and the other pic shows some initial mods I've made. I removed the fork reflectors and the rear fender.

I'm glad to be a part of this community.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.twistedroad.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Just got a GRiSO. And love it.    Just got a GRiSO. And love it.  Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:40 am

Welcome. I'm not seeing any pics?

scratch

ghetto

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

rothbard likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
rothbard
Carlotto
Carlotto
rothbard

PostSubject: Re: Just got a GRiSO. And love it.    Just got a GRiSO. And love it.  Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:44 am

Somehow I uploaded one pic twice. Oh well.

Darmahman likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Just got a GRiSO. And love it.    Just got a GRiSO. And love it.  Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:50 am

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Just got a GRiSO. And love it.    Just got a GRiSO. And love it.  Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:49 pm

nice ride!
welcome to the Ghetto from NC
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Just got a GRiSO. And love it.    Just got a GRiSO. And love it.  Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:59 pm

Welcome

You made the right call picking GRiSO over the (B)ring (M)assive (W)allet.

rothbard likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: Just got a GRiSO. And love it.    Just got a GRiSO. And love it.  Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:45 pm

Welcome from Texas! Do you know what, if any, fueling mods have been made to accommodate the Agostini?

rothbard likes this post

Back to top Go down
rothbard
Carlotto
Carlotto
rothbard

PostSubject: Re: Just got a GRiSO. And love it.    Just got a GRiSO. And love it.  Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:49 pm

I have no idea. It wasn't added by the person I purchased it from. How can I easily check this?
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: Just got a GRiSO. And love it.    Just got a GRiSO. And love it.  Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:51 pm

See if it has any of these:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
rothbard
Carlotto
Carlotto
rothbard

PostSubject: Re: Just got a GRiSO. And love it.    Just got a GRiSO. And love it.  Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:09 am

I'll check. I didn't see a Power Commander on the bike, but I wasn't really looking for it. I had one on my v7 Classic because it used to stall often at low rpm and needed a remapping.

If it doesn't, would you suggest I get one? I assume I'll get better fuel economy.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Just got a GRiSO. And love it.    Just got a GRiSO. And love it.  Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:24 am

I would strongly recommend AGAINST adding any of that dross to any GRiSO, or in fact just about any machine.

Any of the 'Add Ons' be they power commanders or sensor fooler widgets are not only crude but completely unnecessary, the W5AM ECU has been an open book since just about forever so add ons are not only unnecessary but introduce multiple extra failure points to the electrical system.

Aftermarket air filters simply allow more dross into the motor. The stock paper filter flows more than adequate air and an 'Open' pipe is actually counter productive on the 8V especially.

If you want to turn your GRiSO into a gas-guzzling, underperforming pig? That's the way to go. Otherwise do your research and learn how the engine and its accessories work and make your decisions accordingly.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Just got a GRiSO. And love it.    Just got a GRiSO. And love it.  Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:26 pm

Welcome to the ghetto Austin.

Check out Austin's crowd sourced Motorcycle Rental Service/Company: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He was nice enough not to use the ghetto for personal advertising, but I think the membership here will find what he is doing very interesting. I know I did.

If I didn't live amongst philistines in the middle of nowhere, I might consider listing the Stelvio...

Thumbs Up

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

Bill Hagan and rothbard like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
rothbard
Carlotto
Carlotto
rothbard

PostSubject: Re: Just got a GRiSO. And love it.    Just got a GRiSO. And love it.  Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:28 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
I would strongly recommend AGAINST adding any of that dross to any GRiSO, or in fact just about any machine.

Any of the 'Add Ons' be they power commanders or sensor fooler widgets are not only crude but completely unnecessary, the W5AM ECU has been an open book since just about forever so add ons are not only unnecessary but introduce multiple extra failure points to the electrical system.

Aftermarket air filters simply allow more dross into the motor. The stock paper filter flows more than adequate air and an 'Open' pipe is actually counter productive on the 8V especially.

If you want to turn your GRiSO into a gas-guzzling, underperforming pig? That's the way to go. Otherwise do your research and learn how the engine and its accessories work and make your decisions accordingly.

Good advice.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Just got a GRiSO. And love it.    Just got a GRiSO. And love it.  Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:37 pm

Steak wrote:
Welcome to the ghetto Austin.

Check out Austin's crowd sourced Motorcycle Rental Service/Company:  https://www.twistedroad.com

He was nice enough not to use the ghetto for personal advertising, but I think the membership here will find what he is doing very interesting.  I know I did.

If I didn't live amongst philistines in the middle of nowhere, I might consider listing the Stelvio...

Thumbs Up

Thanks for posting that as it saved me from asking Austin.

"Twisted Road" is a fascinating business model.  As one who chickened out of starting a moto-touring business in the early 'naughties -- an instance where cowardice served me and countless potential clients well Wink  -- I am an unabashed admirer of folks who know what they are going to do, have the testiculosity to do it, and succeed.  Not sure if Austin is related to Murray, of anarcho-capitalism fame, but the latter's courage in theoretical economics seems to have served the former well in the reality of applied economics even they only shared the same last name!

Anyway, we are in Erie with my outlaws, thus to avoid some of that fun, I wandered all over the TR website.  Kathi thought I spent a bit too much time here, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but I persuaded her I was just exercising due diligence to see if any of my Guzzis were a good fit.  cheers

Anyway, welcome, Austin, and, if your business or other travels bring you near the top of Virginia, come visit.  You won't need to rent my GRiSO.   Very Happy

Bill
Back to top Go down
rothbard
Carlotto
Carlotto
rothbard

PostSubject: Re: Just got a GRiSO. And love it.    Just got a GRiSO. And love it.  Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:45 pm

Thanks everyone for the kind words! It took a lot of time and luck to be able to commit to this concept full-time. Insurance was a complete nightmare, and although the company is growing fast, we still have a ways to go.

If anyone on this GRiSO forum decides they need a bike, just send me a quick note and I will make sure my team takes care of you.

The Moto Guzzi brand resonates with me because it's so uncommon. And GRiSO seems to be the uncommon motorcycle within the Guzzi family. So I'm really enjoying it.

Oh, and please let me know if you're in the chicago area. I'd be happy to show you around.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Just got a GRiSO. And love it.    Just got a GRiSO. And love it.  Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:27 pm

Austin, are you international yet? Oh, welcome BTW
Back to top Go down
rothbard
Carlotto
Carlotto
rothbard

PostSubject: Re: Just got a GRiSO. And love it.    Just got a GRiSO. And love it.  Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:09 pm

Just US right now (which is international for people who don't live in the United States!)

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Just got a GRiSO. And love it.    Just got a GRiSO. And love it.  Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:02 am

Welcome to the Ghetto, Austin! Twisted Road sounds like a completely novel idea to me (maybe it isn't, but I've never seen anything like it before). Best of luck to you and congratulations on your GRiSO!

Pete (Street)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got a GRiSO. And love it.    Just got a GRiSO. And love it.  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Just got a GRiSO. And love it.
Page 1 of 1