GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Norge Exhaust Collector

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Guzziboy66
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Guzziboy66

Norge Exhaust Collector Empty
PostSubject: Norge Exhaust Collector   Norge Exhaust Collector Icon_minitime1Sun May 02, 2021 7:46 pm

The outlet pipe on the collector is no longer connected.  I can spin it almost all the away around.  There is also a small crack radiating from the base (in the collector box not the outlet pipe.  I've read that a competent welder can repair this and that it can last for awhile.  I'm hoping to go this route as it seems the cheapest solution for the time being...

But I would like to ditch that collector too.  Can I install an aftermarket collector and still use the stock muffler for now?  Is there even a map for an aftermarket collector with stock exhaust?  Is this a fools errand? Another option would be a used collector from eBay.  Would it make sense to have welder strengthen the area that breaks?

Looking for advice.  Thanks in advance.

Eric
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Norge Exhaust Collector   Norge Exhaust Collector Icon_minitime1Sun May 02, 2021 10:29 pm

A weld repair should be feasible given your description. In my opinion ditching the cat-box is unnecessary and is only something I'd do if it was no longer serviceable.

Guzziboy66, Bill Hagan and Dave Swanson like this post

Back to top Go down
Guzziboy66
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Guzziboy66

PostSubject: Re: Norge Exhaust Collector   Norge Exhaust Collector Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2021 1:37 am

Good enough for me! thanks Pete. I appreciate it.

Eric
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Norge Exhaust Collector   Norge Exhaust Collector Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Norge Exhaust Collector
Page 1 of 1