GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Electric: 25A fuse for starter relay-kit (starter interruptus)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BigTime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BigTime

Electric: 25A fuse for starter relay-kit (starter interruptus) Empty
PostSubject: Electric: 25A fuse for starter relay-kit (starter interruptus)   Electric: 25A fuse for starter relay-kit (starter interruptus) Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:45 am

Sharing experience:

About a year ago, i installed a starter relay-kit, own-rebuild from MPH, because of starter interruptus. Works beautiful.

This spring the 20A fuse from the relay-kit blows several times. Checked wiring, starter, etc. - same issue.
I decided to install a 25A fuse and until now, the GRiSO starts again. Seems, the problem is solved.

Someone, who had the same problem?

Markus[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Electric: 25A fuse for starter relay-kit (starter interruptus)   Electric: 25A fuse for starter relay-kit (starter interruptus) Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:18 pm

I have had the MPH kit installed for the last 6 years. It came with a 15amp fuse in it which would blow about every 6 months. At the advice of some of our experts here, I went to a 20amp. I’ve had it blow maybe once or twice in the last 2-3 years.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Electric: 25A fuse for starter relay-kit (starter interruptus)   Electric: 25A fuse for starter relay-kit (starter interruptus) Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:23 am

25A covers the "odd" occasion when the solenoid is a bit slow pulling in. Good Job.
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Electric: 25A fuse for starter relay-kit (starter interruptus)   Electric: 25A fuse for starter relay-kit (starter interruptus) Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:43 pm

be careful upsizing fuses as you want to make sure you don't exceed the ampacity of the wiring itself. in theory, if your fuse is rated at a higher current than your wiring can handle,  you could melt the wiring or start a fire before the fuse blows .
you could also look into the fuse specifications. using a time delay or slow blow fuse instead of a fast acting fuse will  buy you some additional time before the fuse blows.
Back to top Go down
BigTime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BigTime

PostSubject: Re: Electric: 25A fuse for starter relay-kit (starter interruptus)   Electric: 25A fuse for starter relay-kit (starter interruptus) Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:36 pm

You are right - i really thought about putting in a 25A fuse more than twice, because of upsizing. Also my father told me about these different sort of fuses - thanks for reminding me a second time, Chris W.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electric: 25A fuse for starter relay-kit (starter interruptus)   Electric: 25A fuse for starter relay-kit (starter interruptus) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Electric: 25A fuse for starter relay-kit (starter interruptus)
Page 1 of 1