GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Silent Block query

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

Silent Block query Empty
PostSubject: Silent Block query   Silent Block query Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:07 am

Getting the old clack back in tranny area. This will be the 3rd time I've replaced tortion bar (Silent Block). 57,000 miles....

I happen to have the Silent Block for the stock exhaust system in my parts inventory. It's size and shape seem to be the exact specs of the (engine side) Silent Block of the CARC tortion bar. They are in fact of different part numbers. Can I use it in the tortion bar to replace the actual worn out Silent Block? I assume it's rated at a different heat rating perhaps but otherwise assumed Identical.

Pictured are of silent block part #AP8220346 and actual bevel kit for CARC end of assembly that I have in my inventory.

Parts manual has theĀ  (engine side) CARC Silent Block as AP883045
Back ordered and money 💸 I'd rather not spend.....
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Silent Block query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Block query   Silent Block query Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:12 am

If it is dimensionally the same I can't see why not? I can't see there being anything super-different in the hysteresis of the rubber of the two sorts.
Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

Silent Block query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Block query   Silent Block query Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:15 am

Ok. Thanks Pete
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Silent Block query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Block query   Silent Block query Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:41 am

Pete Roper wrote:
If it is dimensionally the same I can't see why not? I can't see there being anything super-different in the hysteresis of the rubber of the two sorts.

Watched a youtube video of a bloke making his own Silent blocs out of Polyurethane, mind they were big f*ckers, identical to ours only much bigger.
You can evidently choose the hardness/elasticity somewhat.
You could re-manufacture ours for about 20p each.

Personally I dont think they are very clever mounted in the torque arm? am kind of glad I dont use one.

Gootzibird13 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Silent Block query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Block query   Silent Block query Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Silent Block query
Page 1 of 1